Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th August 2014, 18:16   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Harish - Congrats on achieving closure. Just to add some thoughts

1. No corporate will ever take a decision to go for an out of court settlement because they "finally felt they have wronged a customer "

2. I am sure Skoda would have had some additional info which indicated that they are going to lose this case big time very soon and would have to shell out out RsXXX. Hence someone internally would have said, " Lets settle the case now with RsYYY ( where YYY < XXX + Lawyer fees for the residual period )

3. A company that drags its customer to court for no fault of his for so many years and then finally comes for an out of court settlement earns no respect in my personal opinion

4. Some one or bunch of people in Skoda TODAY will have a very tough time answering questions because the "blame" has to be pinned on someone and that guy is gona have a tough time explaining why things took so long to close out

5. Does this make any difference to the overall perception about Skoda - I doubt. But on a related note - many actual Skoda owners are reporting positive experiences also.

Last edited by narayan : 19th August 2014 at 18:42.
narayan is offline   (19) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:17   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Many Congrats Harish on your extended fight.. But the suspense has killed the excitement.

You have shared almost every bit of your fighting moment with Team BHP, but when you won your fight, the hush around the result is not fair I guess, my personal view though.
I agree to an extent but also opine that since Harish must be bound by some non-disclosure terms, he cannot share much information with us even if he wanted to. I think we should be happy for him that by his perseverance, he has managed to come home. Fighting for 6 straight years in court with an MNC is not everyone's cup of tea afterall.

In the end, we should be happy that Harish is now satisfied with the outcome of the fiasco. One small wish is that I hope Skoda India, under its new leadership may become a more customer-centric manufacturer and people who like their cars can buy them without any second thoughts on after sales service standards.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:21   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I agree to an extent but also opine that since Harish must be bound by some non-disclosure terms, he cannot share much information with us even if he wanted to. I think we should be happy for him that by his perseverance, he has managed to come home. Fighting for 6 straight years in court with an MNC is not everyone's cup of tea afterall.
Sincerely appreciate those lines. Thank you.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:22   #1774
BHPian

Congrats harish!! Finally something good initiated by skoda. Hopefully this will help them regain some of their lost goodwill.

@harish - I think I won't be wrong in assuming that the new MD must have been aware about this thread. Did he had to say anything about team-bhp (this thread in particular)?
TB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:23   #1775
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Harish! Happy that the ordeal has finally come to an end
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:29   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
@harish - I think I won't be wrong in assuming that the new MD must have been aware about this thread. Did he had to say anything about team-bhp (this thread in particular)?
I am sure he is.

From what I gather, in my opinion, they hold Team-Bhp in high esteem.
harishv is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:33   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Thank you.
Harish ji, You won and with you the Team Bhp won. GTO's and your selfless efforts and with support of the team and almighty you are a winner. Many many good wishes. But, Please refrain from SKODA now. Do not refer or buy it ever again.

Sir I was not even a member with team-bhp when your issue occurred but now as you have got a final closure on it so would like to know about the fate of that sub-standard dealership who began all this in the first place.

Thanks.

Last edited by ad3952n : 19th August 2014 at 18:36. Reason: a typo
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:40   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Harish ji, You won and with you the Team Bhp won. GTO's and your selfless efforts and with support of the team and almighty you are a winner. Many many good wishes. But, Please refrain from SKODA now. Do not refer or buy it ever again.

Sir I was not even a member with team-bhp when your issue occurred but now as you have got a final closure on it so would like to know about the fate of that sub-standard dealership who began all this in the first place.

Thanks.
His dealership was cancelled by Skoda way back. He ran some garage after that, i believe.
harishv is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:59   #1779
BHPian

I have been a member in the forum for around 4 years and if I am feeling so happy at seeing this thread's title change finally, can only imagine the peace of mind you would now be having. Congratulations sir on your victory and your perseverance in seeing it down to closure. Not many people would have the mental strength and fortitude to go through whatever you have been subjected to!!!

On a lighter note, what are you going to do with all the free time??
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 19:05   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
PS : By reading your today's comments on Skoda, I guess that "No negative comments on Skoda brand on public forums" is a part of your settlement deal. Just kidding!
Quote:
Shared my bitter experience, last few years, when I had one. Had a pleasant experience last whole month, so have to share it accordingly. Will post a negative comment as soon as I experience one in the near future.
I guess Skoda folks would also be relieved to see you not sticking to Skoda. Unlike an average layman, you have a huge population following your experience and they might rather get the sale profit from someone else who is relatively lower risk.

That said, if you stick to Skoda, I think you might have a much better experience next time around since people (dealers/Skoda hierarchy) knows what you are capable of and would literally do anything to ensure you are having a happy ownership experience.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 19:11   #1781
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2014 at 00:11.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 19th August 2014, 19:45   #1782
BHPian

Congratulations, Harish. You must be glad this sordid saga has ended.

For Skoda, this must be an ashes-in-mouth feeling. They tried to tire you out in a court case, but you persevered.

One can say that the company made good eventually, but I don't think it will change the public perception. I feel the the response from the MD was most likely because your case was in public domain; I had zero response when I complained to him, on being taken for a ride by their dealer.
Bomi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 19:47   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish. Your patience and perseverance has finally paid off. Hats off to you.

Its too long a time to get justice. Happy that you got success.

Keep revving.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:00   #1784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to Team-Bhp and all its members for the enormous support extended to me. A big shout out to GTO - Rushabh Parekh for personally seeing this settlement through...
Great news! Congrats to you and for the man at the helm of team-bhp who didn't back off with the threats. That helped this gather the whole attention!

Quote:
...I might, if Mr. Rao stays put at the helm.
That definitely tells us about the way the guy dealt your case. Hope he takes the brand further in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
...For one, settlements, sadly doe not provide the satisfaction a victory provides...
True, but I expect the settlement to be any day better than the compensation that court would have offered in case of a win. That kind of off-sets the pain Harish went thru (I hope).

Skoda could have done this 6 years back and shown the (potential) customers that they care. They would have avoided a HUGE backlash. I would still be closely watching the "Skoda" space and see how much do they actually better themselves - to the extent where I would ever bother to consider owning one myself.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:03   #1785
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, Harish. So finally the long wait has come to an end. At least now the Skoda officials realized the importance of customer satisfaction.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote