Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th August 2014, 20:08   #1786
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Great news! Congrats to you and for the man at the helm of team-bhp who didn't back off with the threats. That helped this gather the whole attention!

That definitely tells us about the way the guy dealt your case. Hope he takes the brand further in the right direction.

True, but I expect the settlement to be any day better than the compensation that court would have offered in case of a win. That kind of off-sets the pain Harish went thru (I hope).

Skoda could have done this 6 years back and shown the (potential) customers that they care. They would have avoided a HUGE backlash. I would still be closely watching the "Skoda" space and see how much do they actually better themselves - to the extent where I would ever bother to consider owning one myself.
That Distinguished badge is apt. Well said Sir.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:25   #1787
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Hearing a lot of praises for the gentlemanly behaviour of Skoda India MD Sudhir Rao. I ask you, does offering NO moral support (let alone anything else) to a customer who almost lost his life on account of a manufacturing defect amount to a gentlemanly conduct? Read this horrific experience here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3508660 (Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!)

Also does sitting on HarishV's case for around 2 years also equal gentlemanly conduct?

I think we all are greatly relieved that this painful saga for HarishV has ended and going overboard with the messages absolving a brand and its custodians who need to be annihilated!
IMeMyself is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:35   #1788
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
congrats Harish! you stuck to your guns for six straight years, an accomplishment in itself finally the ordeal comes to an end. happy for you.

just hope no one else ever has to endure what you have.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:37   #1789
BHPian

Congratulations Harish!!!

Though I am connected with you only through TEAM-BHP, I am so relieved.

You have not expressed the happiness or relief in the words here, as much as you have expressed your pain, which is understandable. And you are bound by the trust between you and skoda to not reveal all the details, which definitely holds you back. This must be the first time, you are replying on this thread so frequently, which conveys the relief and excitement.

For Skoda, thanks a lot in resolving this issue in a right way. If we go by what Harish has experienced dealing with Mr. Rao (Skoda), looks like they are on the right track. But unfortunately for Mr. Rao, the damage to the brand is so severe that, it will take lot of effort, patience and perseverance to exceed the customer expectations. I would like to believe that, this is just the beginning and I wish Skoda all the very best and hope to see the brand emerging as successful on the Indian soil.

Skoda, as much as we have criticized you on this forum, trust me, the forum will applaud equally loudly, if you show the results on ground. There are lot of Skoda fans already on the forum, if that helps you to motivate the team.

-Selective

Last edited by Selective : 19th August 2014 at 20:39.
Selective is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:39   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
just hope no one else ever has to endure what you have.
It's OT Anil Bhai, Just click this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...users-171.html (Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!)

Read the post of Vineet ji.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:42   #1791
BHPian

Congratulations Harish!!Hats off to your patience
binoyb22 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:55   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
Great news Harish, Congrats! I happy for you that you were able to bring a closure to this ordeal.
lipaul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:59   #1793
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, harishv! Kudos to you for persevering so hard for so many long years! Škoda wanted to break you down in a long drawn out battle of attrition, but you stood firm and finally got what you deserved. Glad to know you're satisfied with the settlement.

Congratulations to GTO & Team-BHP for standing like a rock behind you, despite the threats from certain quarters! And to all members who supported you, and spread the word around. All those word-of-mouth recommendations against Škoda must have snowballed and hit them hard, as can be seen from their sales numbers. They just could not miss the writing on the wall any longer.

I'm glad the new management and MD are slowly but surely taking the right steps to improve customer experience, but one is just left wondering if it comes too late in the day.

Last edited by RSR : 19th August 2014 at 21:02.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:07   #1794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
that figures. somethings and some people just don't change.

one battle ends and another starts. sad.
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:12   #1795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
that figures. somethings and some people just don't change.

one battle ends and another starts. sad.
It never ends buddy, just one case closed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3394035 (Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!)

Skoda remains Skoda!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th August 2014 at 21:16. Reason: Adding a Link!
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:15   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Very happy to know that the company has finally got off its high horse and settled the matter to your satisfaction Harish. While you went through a highly unpleasant, frustrating, long drawn out experience, Skoda has seen its reputation take a huge beating - and I'd like to think that your experience contributed in no small measure to the same. I hope the company (the VW group) will change its attitude to the paying customer and be more alive to his concerns in future.
I salute you Harish for your never say die attitude and GTO (and this forum) for the efforts in bringing about a satisfactory conclusion to this sordid saga.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:18   #1797
BHPian

Congrats Harish. Glad you reached a mutually acceptable solution. Unlike several others, I do think its best to settle matters amicably rather than trying to maximise one's position through litigation - often both sides lose at the end of that, and results can be unpredictable.

BTW, I think it's more apt to title the thread as "Case Settled" instead of Skoda Settles since settlements are always mutual.
Hayek is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:21   #1798
BHPian

Wow Harish, I am just happy for you that this nightmare has ended and resulted in positive closure.

Hats Off mate for your perseverance.
Chalu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:22   #1799
BHPian

Harish,

Let me first start by congratulating you on the victory. Since you have said so clearly that you are pleased with the outcome, I am happy too.

It took 6 long years of dogged fight with Skoda and the courts, but finally someone at Skoda had his brains screwed right.

It is a pity though that our courts function the way they do. Justice was delayed for so long. I am not sure of my exact feelings here. My case comes up this month for final arguments and I heard from our lawyers that the opposite party is going to raise an objection that my brother and me are going to fight the case after my father's demise, just because they can delay it further.

Congratulations on seeing it right through till the last moment, and to all the BHPians who stood fast.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:32   #1800
Senior - BHPian

This was one of the first threads or probably the first one that I read on Tbhp, much before I became a member.

Glad to hear that it worked out well for you.

Couldn't help but notice, this news comes just 9 days short of 6 years, since your first ever post on the Introduction thread here.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote