Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th August 2014, 21:38   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Many Congrats harishv. Been following your struggle since 6 years and posted on occassion. Salute.
Sad that Skoda needed this long to grow common sense if not ethics and morality. And also sad that consumer courts failed to deliver justice - needs a big overhaul.

Lets see if Skoda institutionalizes the customer friendly behaviour
going ahead. There is some hope - i feel a big blocker is removed to consider a new Skoda car.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:49   #1802
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Take a bow Harish !, i am new around here and it took me a while to read through and understand and as i read through the thread i experienced : Shock - anger - frustration - fear - encouragement - admiration and finally JOY !

Its simply awesome to see the amount of grit you had and the enormous support from within the forum - this is just "WOW"

i guess reading about your "Skoda" experience has banged the last nail on the coffin regarding me buying one.
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:59   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish - you had mighty perseverance. If this is a step in the right direction for Skoda, then good for them.

I think the title of this thread should reflect the fact that the case was settled after 6 (long)years
mallumowgli is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 22:04   #1804
Distinguished - BHPian

Hearty congratulations, my friend!

Looking back, it must have been such a painful experience for you and your family, but, all's well that ends well. I am glad Skoda India under Mr. Rao came to the fore and offered you a settlement which was amicable, justified and satisfactory. It is indeed a huge victory, considering the 6+ years of hardship you had to go through, but hats off to your doggedness and determination.

I have been following this thread from the beginning, praying for a solution for your troubles. Finally, the prayers have been answered.

Wishing you and your family a pleasant, hassle-free future with your steeds from now on.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 22:09   #1805
Senior - BHPian

However great Mr. Rao is, if I have to approach the MD of a company to get what was rightfully mine from the beginning, well then my condolence to the MD for being part of such a deceitful company.

I'm happy that Harish won but Skoda India's image is still very much tarnished to me.

Please note that giving a customer what is rightfully his is no obligation. I've said this before, my fellow countrymen have been treated so badly as a consumer that the moment someone gives them what is their right as a consumer, they start jumping with joy. (I don't mean this particular settlement)

Even if Skoda (or Mr. Rao) settles another thousand cases in the customer's favour it wouldn't matter. If the customer is right and Skoda's product is faulty or the company cheats them, then they need to go out of their way and actually "compensate" the customer for their loss of time/effort etc. In today's time, somebody's Skoda running perfectly fine for 2-3 years is good enough compensation to them. If the A.S.S repairs their car in warranty that becomes compensation enough, not our fault, we've been brought up this way as a consumer.

Anybody who thinks that this settlement is why they should give another thought to a Skoda car, well, all the best and please do get contact details for Mr. Rao beforehand!

Last edited by fine69 : 19th August 2014 at 22:13.
fine69 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 22:31   #1806
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
Hey Harshiv.
Thanks for sharing this with us all. We're delighted not only for you but skoda as a whole for helping you.
They make great cars and customer care is the only department where they have been lacking. In fact the only reason I've decided not to purchase a skoda car in the past is after reading upon your experience with them. I also steered some relatives away from skoda for the same reason.

If they keep making improvements to after sales and customer support I shall indeed have a serious look at a skoda car next time I go car shopping.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 22:51   #1807
BHPian

Dear Harishv,

Great to know the development and happy for the same,

Also thanks to Team-bhp and Rush - you rock brother!!!

Keep up the good deeds,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 23:45   #1808
BHPian

Really happy to know that your patience and will power finally won. You are the MAN!!

Thanks to all team-bhpians who stood shoulder to shoulder with this fellow.

Skoda,
You could have done this much earlier since the damage is already done. It will take decades for anybody who has gone through this thread to consider your cars even if you start selling your cars at half price!!

Last edited by shineshine : 19th August 2014 at 23:49.
shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 00:38   #1809
BHPian

Congrats Harish. This is a very pleasant surprise, made my day. Have been following this thread for so long that it feels like a personal victory! Hats-off to you for seeing this through.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 00:46   #1810
Distinguished - BHPian

Harish, I am delighted that it is over at last. Patently, it was never about money for you, so it is not the size or amount of the settlement that is going to be the decider here, it must have been the terms and the manner in which it was offered.

That says something about the current Skoda management team, as do your comments about the MD.

I feel that they owed the world, not just you, a public statement rather than some kind of gagging order, but hey, it's an imperfect world.

The absence of a public statement is going to make the whole thing hang around in people's minds a whole lot longer. Maybe Skoda still has a thing or two to learn about PR! I hope Skoda is not foolish enough to think that this closes the book on the whole issue. Skoda, one word: internet. It doesn't go away.

It's just wonderful that you stuck to your guns and fought so hard and so long. You are a real champion of the consumer world!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 01:44   #1811
BHPian

Harish,

Congratulations for the victory. You have made the right decision to settle the matter out of court.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 04:13   #1812
BHPian

Congratulations Harish.
Much relieved to hear that the ordeal is over. After following this thread for all these years, I had lost respect with our legal system. The settlement further proves this point. I am really happy for you and admire your patience. I'd almost given up on this thread, And last thing I wanted to hear was a verdict similar to the one given to another Bhpian for his issues with Tata Sumo.
Once again appreciate your patience and the spirit to fight till the end. It does instill confidence to fight for the truth.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 05:37   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Great news! Your battle probably cost Skoda a minimum of 50 lost sales from TBHP readers. I for one did not even consider the Octavia, the Laura or the Fabia when we changed both our cars a couple of years back.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 06:20   #1814
BHPian

Looking at the thread thank God that I have decided not to buy Skoda Rapid. This is simply cheating with a customer who has put his hard earned money in buying a car and then this sort of behavior can't be tolerated. High Five for teaching them a lesson.
And thanks a lot for letting us know how vw and skoda are and I would stay away from this group.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 08:05   #1815
BHPian

The best news I have heard today!! Saw the thread just now. Hearty congrats Harish. Your courage , perseverance and determination to take on a German behemoth has paid off!! Like other members have reflected, this indeed feels like a personal victory for me too!!!

Based on this though, although I am a Skoda owner, will never recommend them to anyone. My next car is never going to be from the VW stable.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote