Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th March 2009, 13:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Harish: great efforts!! A person like you can bring out the culprits.
Kapil jolly: time has come to raise a flag and join with Harish. He would be helpful, to take you further as being experience with SKODA /VW/AUDI group.

Guys @ T-Bhp: My request you to support the guys, and shall provide the contacts that they require at any level.

Mods: Kindly help them to bring out this at media level or what ever can be done from your side.
This might bring good fame for T-Bhp as well.

This is really atrocious, being a world class company behaving in such a manner for its customers.

Advice to SKODA owners: It’s better to spend money on media when you feel your bills are on your nerves.
You can get them solved for free of cost by them. No offense meant

Last edited by Ramsagar : 11th March 2009 at 13:21.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 16:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Harish: great efforts!! A person like you can bring out the culprits.
Kapil jolly: time has come to raise a flag and join with Harish. He would be helpful, to take you further as being experience with SKODA /VW/AUDI group.

Guys @ T-Bhp: My request you to support the guys, and shall provide the contacts that they require at any level.

Mods: Kindly help them to bring out this at media level or what ever can be done from your side.
This might bring good fame for T-Bhp as well.

This is really atrocious, being a world class company behaving in such a manner for its customers.

Advice to SKODA owners: Itís better to spend money on media when you feel your bills are on your nerves.
You can get them solved for free of cost by them. No offense meant
hey . thanks ramsagar. by far the best supportive reply i have had so far. thank u once again.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 21:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Harish, had read about Nummer Eins closing down and am aware of your case. Just stumbled upon this thread today. I hope you gather enough support in your cause against Skoda, and I'm sure the sentiments of this entire forum are with you in this case. All the best !!

And I don't think getting your car back should be enough now, especially since it's been held for over a YEAR. A nice fat compensation and enough bad press for Skoda should be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
This might bring good fame for T-Bhp as well
Hardly matters. We'll help for the cause, not the publicity. We're rather famous anyway!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th March 2009 at 21:51.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 21:57   #19
BANNED

we at T-BHP are with you. heard many horror stories about skoda now so ill not go for fabia (i was thinking to buy when new model comes out).
the best is to reach media.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:11   #20
BHPian

Harishv - You are an inspiration man. Holding on to your nerves with a company which cares a damn for customer and without your car for last one year and taking the fight back to the notorious company. Hats off to you man.

Hope you succeed in teaching Skoda a lesson and all T-bhp people we need to stand by Harish in his quest.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:19   #21
BHPian

Hey man great to see people like you here, I do have the same courage to fight for anything wrong. But want to know one thing, how did you manage to find that parts has been changed. No one go and open bonnet after service.

Mods: Request you to remove Red Skoda pics from front page of this forum after this event. Skoda doesn't deserve to stay on top of our forum after this event

Last edited by sam003 : 11th March 2009 at 22:23.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Skoda's case is something like Nokia india's case. The product offering is brilliant but the A-S-S Is terrible.
If this is the case i think all of us on this forum should think more than twice before buying any skoda.
From the time i have come here on this forum i have seen numerous people complaining/Making threads related to skoda's problems.
Then why buy a skoda in the first place? apart from the people who were not informed about the problems before they bought the car.
VW the company in general has loads of problems with its car's in india.
Is it the conditions in india like bad fuel,Weather,bad roads etc.Are the germans not strong enough to take a beating in india??I really dont think so,the culprits are the dealers and the people under them.All they are trying to do is make a quick buck or two.

Last edited by vinaydas : 11th March 2009 at 22:28.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:27   #23
BHPian

im wondering,its possible to find few dupes in teh whole set up but some stuff listed are just left unnoticed or least bothered about by us.

is it just skoda or are there anymore such cheap cheaters around,be it car dealers or second hand car shops or even local mechanics,

is there any thread which gives any direction about how to spot fakes from real stuff!!
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:29   #24
BHPian

Damn!

This shook me up. I cant believe there are humans working at that skoda dealership.

I mean, how could someone be so callous to have put in spurious brake disks, risking lives of the owner and his/her family, just for a few bucks!

Responsibility lies with Skoda, entirely. They dont have reigns on their OWN dealerships. And when someone's brave enough to counter them, they use their clout to hush up the matter!

Shame on you guys, may your souls rot in hell!

I just shudder when I think of all those people who have been fleeced this way and dont even know about non genuine parts in in their cars....
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

oh my god. how can such things happen and these manufacturers still keep selling their products. God knows how many out there even know about the thousands and thousands of grands they have paid for fake parts running inside their cars. How did you realize that you had got fake parts. I mean what made you realize that all these things were fake ones. Normally we never realize this.

Anyways. Hope you dont have to go through more of this torture with our system. All the best.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks MODs for moving these posts to a new thread.

This case is quite interesting. The dealer seems to have changed parts, substituted sub-standard parts for original ones (without authorisation of owner) and charged list prices for sub-standard parts.

The manufacturer seems to have documented the presence of sub-standard parts.

Looks like an open and shut case so far. The fun begins now - the moot point is -Who put the parts in? The dealer or the owner himself (acting through an independent repairer)? These will be difficult to prove and might become quite contentious. One way out is to round up other customers of the said unsrupulous dealer and get them to testify that they also have suffered from similar malpractices by the dealer. If the owner fails to gather other owners, a possible route is to rely on the service record showing that the car has gone regularly to the A.S.C. this however is rather tenuous.

IMHO the first step should be to have the car released. Harish may approach the Court through an I.A./M.P./M.A. in the main case praying that the car be released and undertaking to deposit in court the cost of repairs. The liability for the cost of repairs can be decided later. No point in letting the car rot and lose value as it sits there.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 11th March 2009 at 22:45.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

The number of Skoda issues i have seen in this forum are scary. This is one brand i will not buy in India even if they cut down the present prices on all product by half!
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:43   #28
BANNED

bravo Harish! a guy after my own heart.
I wanted to buy a Skoda but was incredibly put off by the salesperson's attitude. I have a bunch of friends who own Skodas. their faces light up everytime they drive, but come service time, their expressions change diametrically. Skoda dealers do not care about existing OR potential customers. they're basically sitting smug in the knowledge that there's no real competition to their product and people have no choice but to come to them - and be ripped off.
a friend's Rider was once damaged in service by a stupid Skoda exec but the workshop took no responsibility for it. their offer was: you want the car, you get it repaired at your cost. else, we will keep it here and charge you for parking by the day. you choose.

man I wish I was in a position to help in some way. what about these threats? please, PLEASE let us know if they show any signs of intensification.
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:57   #29
BHPian

I guess its not about one brand, its a big racket within each brand. I know one Maruti dealer in my area (my friends uncle Maruti authorized Service Station). They too put duplicate parts during service etc, as we know Manufacturere generally do surprise visits in service stations to find such issues, but due to internal resources they generally come to know about date when this visit will going to happen. So they do cleanup in advance and get good numbers.
This is just one example, I know many such prevailing in market.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 23:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

the entire VW group in India is run by a department of honchos who can think that they can take the Indian consumers for granted.

the case is HORRIFYING.

a recommendation: whenever a car is given for service, spare some time and take that day's leave and be in the workshop with your car and get your work done in front of you, no matter whatsoever the service adviser or mechanic or the works manager persuades you to wait at the customers lounge.DO NOT DO IT.

make sure that the required parts are genuine and are issued in front of you from the counter and fitted in front of you, even if your body feels the pain of moving up and down.

now comes the case-that of accident.
IF POSSIBLE, try to pressurize the workshop to do most of the refitting in front of you by using genuine spares issued in front of you.

yes, this may be a big burden in this today's hectic life but its your money thats going down, not the company's or chauffeur's.

if the car is chauffer driven, still, do not go and tell the chauffeur to go and give the car for servicing. GO YOURSELF. TAKE SOME PAIN. YOU WILL BE REWARDED AND ABOVE ALL, SATISFIED.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote