Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 02:24   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,412
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Default

today i had just been to a shopping mall and some guys outside were distributing pamphlets of advertisement of some stores, like discount 20%.
buy 2 get 4 free etc.

i think this idea can be used with SKODA too. i asked those guys how much do they get for distributing those pamphlets. its Rs.1 for each.

We can pay Rs.10 to them and make them stand outside each and every skoda showroom in the country. as soon as they see customer heading towards the showroom , they hand over the pamphlets of Harish;s incident.

i am just imagining what a site it will be.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 02:30   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
The situation in India is different. Anybody can register a case without much cost to them and put the accused in endless difficulties with the justice system. Evidence is easily fabricated or supressed. Witnesses easily bribed or coerced. There is no real jury to assess the evidence independently. And that bane of the court system, the stay order that is the biggest impediment to justice in India. Not to mention, the intellectual capacity of Indian judges to interpret the spirit of the law cannot be taken for granted. They treat us citizens like we are uneducated cattle. After all, our laws are made by politicians with no background in law, in legal history, our judges are not intellectual heavyweights, and rarely is a court case in India ever decided upon the ideals and principles of free society that underpin good laws.

This is a situation in which malicious people, from private citizens to corporations, misuse the law and the judiciary to cause extensive problems for innocent people who happen to be obstacles.
I agree with you on the state of the Indian Judicial system Harbir but you know something about it? The above mentioned things work both ways, so if Skoda tries to pull a fast one on us tomorrow, let me tell you there are enough ways to get around that without too much of an hassle. Of course, no wants to get into the crap because of the state of the system but when one is forced to (like I've discovered over the past few years) there are enough ways to do exactly what you've described above to ensure no untoward action gets taken against one.

So if today Skoda thinks that by threatening us or by filing a lawsuit or two they're going to put a lid on our free speech, let me tell them now, they're all pipe dreams. If they have a legal team in place, most of us are not sitting idle either and if push does indeed come to shove, they'll get a response that they would never imagine a bunch of car enthusiasts could come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I have represented my facts and "feelings" here and right now my feeling is , and here's what I feel about Skoda
Is that defamatory? Please let me know so I am better informed.

Cheers,
Funny how they never replied to your original post eh DS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
I would like to try some examples of English usage, guys please correct me I am wrong.

Of course, these are only examples of English, and not the reality, as you all already know.

Skoda India instigates it's employees to steal parts from customer cars. Correct right?

Another example here would be, Skoda India is guilty of instigating employees to threaten Indian public, and use illegal means to cheat Skoda Customers by using duplicate spare parts in it's showrooms. Correct?

Skoda India falsely implicates it's customers in court cases if they complain that Skoda India is instigating it's employees to steal spares from customer cars, and replace them with Skoda duplicate spares? Correct?

Apologies for going off topic, just could not control my sudden urge to clear these english questions. I would be deeply obliged if anybody can let me know if these usages are correct.
Too good Tadu, too good!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 02:59   #288
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

check out this link also. similar stories seem to be a way of life for our reputed co.

Skoda Auto India asked to replace defective car. - DriveInside.com

one more....

skoda india Complaints - skoda Terrible Service
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 04:18   #289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 59
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hi there,
I hear that there are disgruntled customers and we are doing our best to provide a consistently good service level.
I disagree. Skoda needs to be customer-centric to deal with these so called disgruntled customers. The least we expect is an iota of empathy from Skoda. When you speak of good service levels, the customer needs to feel confident and you build up confidence by developing a good, healthy relationship with the customer. Let's just hypothesize and say that IF skoda were to replace the customer's car OR repair it till he was satisified; he wouldn't have complained.



Quote:
I have been advised to forward to you the following notice pertaining to this thread of the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
What's the point of instilling fear or intimidating members of this forum? Skoda's getting itself into a bigger mess. You may hire the best lawyers in this country, you may win this battle, but you will end up bruised and the skoda image will be tarnished forever. Common sense isn't it? Being pennywise poundfoolish seldom helps. Skoda may have saved money not replacing Mr. Harish's car, but has lost a plethora of customers by being adamant and arrogant.

Quote:
It saddens us here at Skoda that things have escalated to this point and we have tried to engage but the truth is that some of the comments are now extremely offensive and defamatory. They are personal atacks on our company, staff and me as an individual.
It saddens me that a company that manufactures capable cars engaged in collusion with it's dealers. If there's something we don't know, you could openly discuss on this forum. Remember, this is an open forum and nobody is attacking you.
If you feel that these comments are offensive and defamatory, think about the devastating impact of human emotional pain and trauma the customer has to go through.

Quote:
We have tried very hard to engage but users are simply not being reasonable or letting us partake in the forum and allowing us to be heard.
I am sorry if you feel that way. If there's something you are unable to express openely, you can always send us a private message, and we'll definitely analyze this issue from your standpoint.
We are unhappy with skoda because, it appears that there is conclusive evidence against the company you work for and skoda has erred.

Quote:
Skoda India is a highly reputable company and does not entertain any kind of foul practices by their dealers.
Do people make such a hullabaloo about your competitors -- Toyota, Hyundai, Honda? Why do people target this highly reputable company? Why are so many people complaining?

Quote:
In fact, Skoda India is an active member of the society for indian automobile manufacturers who are against any conterfeiting in the market.
SIAM or not; expensive spares = flourishing counterfeiting market. Get the spare prices right, not to mention availability.

Quote:
It is very simple- all of the facts are not represented here and we have been informed that from a legal standpoint, we cannot disclose them as doing so may affect the outcome of the case.
Skoda should make a clean breast of whatever has happened.

Quote:
It is somewhat confusing to us that Mr. Harsih Kanchan feels he can!
Mr. Harish, is there something we aren't aware of?

Quote:
Please contact customer services with any concerns or issues and we will inform you all of te outcome of the case.
Thanks for the information.

Meghna : We are not against you or the company you represent. We have every right to feel instigated after what the consumers have been through.
If there's anything you wish to say and feel that you cannot express openly, PM me.
thermalpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 06:20   #290
BHPian
 
Raj1008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 119
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Skoda needs to send its marketing team back to school. What a disastrous way of handling a situation. They could have earned ALOT of brownie points by making sure a customer is fully satisfied and instead of getting so much flak they would have won confidence of so many customers. It was an opportunity to come out shining but they landed on their face. Atleast they are constant about not getting the basics of marketing nor customer service. No mixed signals here.

First they steal spares from a customers car, impound his car and then threaten members of an exteremly popular automotive forum of legal consequences? Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee. This isnt India 1954, this is India 2009. People wont take license age crap anymore!

In the 90s I had a problem with an aircondition in my office in Bombay. After many attempts by the dealer trying to fix it, I called the marketing manager of the company to solve the issue or I will write to the press. You know what he did? He sent me a brand new aircon the next week and free servicing for an year. This is 90s and it was Voltas. Thats service. I have bought 4 acs from them since and told as many friends as I could. Thats marketing. Not trying to stifle the customer. Grow up. Its a different world.
Raj1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 06:39   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
We try to cover as many posts as we can but if they arenít responded to, you can rest assured they were read and taken into account.
If it they aren't responded to, that means they were read & taken into account. And if responded to, that again means they were atleast read
if not taken into account. So that means you have been reading every post. When do you sleep?
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 07:21   #292
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

GTO and mods:

Admire your courage to stand up for what is true and fair! This is inspiring, please do count me in (and many T-BHPians as well) in case Skoda does take legal action - for the life of me, I don't know how. I want to be with you folks through and through!

Cheers to Team BHP!
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 07:50   #293
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Oh dearie me, did some marketing flunky come and threaten a million man forum?

Did they not teach you anything in B-School? You are supposed to control damage, not fan the fire.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 08:24   #294
BHPian
 
GS300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

To re-emphasis a point that may have appeared in some of the posts below, I believe that more than arrogance or lack of customer focus, what we are looking at here is INCOMPETENCE!

We are looking at one corporate communications or PR employee who is the worst fit in that job, and ended up doing the opposite of what he/she is supposed to do. I pity that personís manager Ė the one who needs to get the work done with this type of members in his or her team

We should probably send the details of this mail thread to higher-ups within Skoda, or better still, Volkswagen, who has larger plans in India. I think it is not entirely correct if we jump into conclusion that the entire Skoda Corporateís views are represented by this particular PR () official. This is just my personal view.

Anyway, from my side, I have sent links to this thread to my cousin who runs a Toyota dealership. He should not say that family doesnít help him fighting his competitors!
GS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 08:31   #295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Is Mehgna herself representing all the facts?

Ms Megha, who are you?

1. There is a Meghna Choksey, who is Head of PR and Communications at Skoda Auto India as mentioned above

2. There is a Meghna Choksey, who is Director at Autobahn Enterprises Pvt Ltd. Autobahn is the Skoda dealer at Mumbai. Check out http://http://www.autobahn.co.in/main.asp?page=Contacts

So if the two are the same person - and it is highly likely, is Meghna who claims that "not all facts are represented in the forum", herself representing all facts?

Meghna, can you please clarify the above? Boy this seems yuckier than I thought!

Cheers,
__________________
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 08:34   #296
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,186 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300 View Post
...I have sent links to this thread to my cousin who runs a Toyota dealership. He should not say that family doesnít help him fighting his competitors!
. and knowing how things work, they might take printouts of this and show it to customers who mention 'Skoda' to them.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 08:50   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 2,675 Times
Default

how about protesting in front of Skoda offices all over India
say Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi etc

Make sure that we have car owners who faced quality problems with their skoda cars from respective cities. Also make sure that we get maximum media coverage to spread the news.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 09:13   #298
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default Questions for Ms Meghna Choksey

Dear Ms Meghna:

I understand you have been posting in this forum as a representative of SkodaAuto India.

You have also warned us of legal action for, .....not representing all the facts...

But have you represented all facts to us?

1. Are you only the Head PR and Corp. Comm., SkodaAuto India?

2. Do you hold any other position that may be in direct and indirect conflict of interest with your position above?

3. Do you hold a financial and fiduciary interest in any of Skoda's dealers? I happened to notice that a certain Ms Meghna Choksey is also the Director of Autobahn Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Autobahn. Autobahn is a Skoda dealer in Mumbai. I have stored the page in case it gets removed.

4. If you do hold such a position, then why did you not represent it in the forum, while you expected others to "represent all facts"?

5. Further how can we expect an employee of SkodaAuto who also has an interest in one of its dealers to resolve matters in respect of customers vs. dealers fairly in the best interest of all?

Would much appreciate an answer to the above questions.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 10:21   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 388 Times
Default

It's a very sad and distressing state of affairs at Skoda it seems.

They have potentially blown a golden chance of redemption and winning back the goodwill. Instead of listening to a disgruntled customer and helping him out - Skoda comes and threatens us.

I own a Skoda Octavia vRS and I do not think I will buy a Skoda EVER AGAIN.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 10:34   #300
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hi there,
I hear that there are disgruntled customers and we are doing our best to provide a consistently good service level.

As I have mentioned before, please get in touch with our customer services representatives who will be able to help you on any other matters not relating to the current court case.

I have been advised to forward to you the following notice pertaining to this thread of the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

It saddens us here at Skoda that things have escalated to this point and we have tried to engage but the truth is that some of the comments are now extremely offensive and defamatory. They are personal atacks on our company, staff and me as an individual.

We have tried very hard to engage but users are simply not being reasonable or letting us partake in the forum and allowing us to be heard.

Skoda India is a highly reputable company and does not entertain any kind of foul practices by their dealers. In fact, Skoda India is an active member of the society for indian automobile manufacturers who are against any conterfeiting in the market.

It is very simple- all of the facts are not represented here and we have been informed that from a legal standpoint, we cannot disclose them as doing so may affect the outcome of the case.

It is somewhat confusing to us that Mr. Harsih Kanchan feels he can!

Please contact customer services with any concerns or issues and we will inform you all of te outcome of the case.
1) How can publishing in a community like TBHP can instigate ? Its a consumer's right to post whatever he/she feels like about the product.
These words are out of pure arrogance from a company.

2) I have myself seen many customers who are not satisfied by the skoda products. I dont think that all at TBHP are lying about Skoda. Nobody at TBHP is getting paid to lie and talk bad about Skoda cars.

3) Skoda India as a reputed company. Agreed the cars are seen as " Premium " products, but the image is shoddy.

4) I think people here have posted a lot of proof for what is reality. Can Skoda India give out any proof like Harishv did ? Why are they shying away from giving proof ?

5) I request your company to have a look at the images and facts provided by Harishv in the thread before coming out with posts about truth.

I am sorry if my post is offensive.
I understand its not an easy task to control each and every dealer, but the company can take steps later on after being contacted for help. Its possible that dealers can mess up with things, but the company has to be proactive.

Consider the following facts:
-> TBHP, as it stands for what the customer feels, also has threads that give out negative reviews about Maruti Dealer/s and Hyundai Dealer/s.

-> The number of Hyundai and Maruti car owners are far more than Skoda car owners. What Skoda might be managing in an year in India is what Maurti sells in one month, but maruti owners are more satisfied ( we have Maruti 800 and Baleno ).

-> So I think we can safely conclude that there is something wrong with the management of Skoda India, so posting anything about Skoda in TBHP must not be an issue with those who support truth.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Consumer court and Veterinary doctor negligence, what are the options tsk1979 Shifting gears 35 14th September 2010 19:31
Banglorean wins consumer court case against Concorde motors GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 3 12th July 2010 21:27
Consumer case process in Bangalore (against maruti), and expected results? GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 18 8th June 2009 15:38
Need help in going to consumer court (EDIT: Axis Bank car loan) ashwin390 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 18 6th February 2009 15:18
Low FE : Can you go to consumer court? venkatrx The Indian Car Scene 1 22nd April 2006 15:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks