Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st April 2009, 20:58   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Good luck Harish, nice to see that your actions are gathering momentum. Godspeed!
Thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Dealers are a proxy or a representative of a company. If a dealer screwed up and its a dealers fault and a customer such as Harish has been adversly affected, then you judge the company's attitude and service commitment to its customers by their actions. Either they knew that the Dealer did the wrong thing and they standby Harish and say sorry and try and make up for the mistake to the degree possible, or fight with Harish in a consumer court as in this case and tell India that i dont stand by my representative and i am not responsible for his actions, though i appointed him to be my representative. It goes against the principle of doing business. That has what upset all of us - how Skoda has treated their customer Harish.. T'row it could be you..
Exactly what I have been saying all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
hello harish, i may be asking redundant question here but i could not understand one thing. What eaxactly Skoda is fighting for? they terminated the skoda dealership as they realized the mistake is isnt? it means they are aware what exactly happened with you right? then what are fighting for? and if they are right then on what basis they terminated the dealership?
Beats me friend. They confirmed fraud, threw out the dealer. I can only think about 2 things. One, they don't ever want it publicly accepted that their dealer can do this. Second could be 'EGO'. Their 'EGO' is bruised pretty badly with all the press and television coverages added to the fact the number of recordings I have confirming discussions with their Senior Management. Some of the recordings are very conclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi Harish,
All the best mate and god bless.
Hiren
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@harish
but then this is not a case building incidence as the dealer now has an acceptable paint booth. will try none the less.
Like someone said - Every drop counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Harish, my heart reaches out to you. You have had the guts and the bravado to go against injustice. You have held your head high and dealt with calm and composure, this kind of impeccable character is a hard find in these times. You are gifted my man.

This battle is not yours alone, you have a brotherhood of 40K temp bhpians with you. How can an average team bhpian contribute to the cause ?
Team BHPians, Moderators, Seniors, Newbies et al, have already contributed, much beyond my expectation. Your post here is sufficient to egg me on. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Harish, you really have the guts to take them head on, even after they offered you to replace everything with original parts without any costs. I would have been scared and would have accepted the deal. Hats off to you.
There were anxious and scary moments for me too. I prevailed. I tried to follow the maxim - 'Courage isn't about having the strength to go on. It is going on when you don't have the strength.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
let me know if something like this will help you.
Every small thing helps. 'Could be the last straw that broke the camel's back.'
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 21:13   #437
BHPian

Harish,

The skoda person mentioned some FIRs. Are they against the dealer or against you?

Is there anything that Skoda says you can do to end the whole fiasco?

I am trying to understand whether Skoda wants you to let them off the hook for the dealer's fraud before you get your car back or what? What does Skoda want from you to close the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
A brand new fabia kept pulling to the left. So the owner goes to the tyre guy for alignment which turns out to be fine. All tyres were rotated / exchanged / all permutation combinations done but no avail.
---------
Tyres however weren't replaced and he had to do it at his own cost later on.
Skoda showroom in this case was Autobahn.
wow. just wow. What scum bags. If Meghna Choksey's dealership is doing this, how can you expect her to bring a better work ethic to Skoda's corporate operations

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st April 2009 at 23:19. Reason: Back to back posts
Harbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:44   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Harish,

The skoda person mentioned some FIRs. Are they against the dealer or against you?

Is there anything that Skoda says you can do to end the whole fiasco?

I am trying to understand whether Skoda wants you to let them off the hook for the dealer's fraud before you get your car back or what? What does Skoda want from you to close the issue?

I have no clue.

When I got to know that the spurious parts were being moved to Nummer Eins on 26/05/08, I called up Head of Customer Care, Karthik Ramesh, and expressed shock at this move. I even sent a mail to him asking why this was being done? He never put any reply on paper or e-mail.

But I have all the evidence.

He tried to tell me over the telephone, that there was a Police case filed by Nummer Eins and so these spurious parts had to be handed over to Nummer Eins. I refused to hand over the parts to Nummer Eins.

I told him that if such was the case I, along with their Engineer, would hand it over to the Police. I asked him to give me the complaint number and the name of the Officer in charge.

He never gave me the complaint number neither did he give me the name of the Officer in charge. I have visited the Police station umpteen number of times after that. I have filed a written complaint against Nummer Eins and Skoda with DCP, Zone 6, Mr. Dilip Sawant. The Officer in charge who was handling the case was Inspector Sanjay More. Nobody in the Police Station has ever mentioned any case filed by Nummer Eins or Skoda with them.

I wanted to take action against Nummer Eins. Skoda wanted to prevent me from doing so at any cost. Their objective was to take control of the spurious parts.

When I refused to hand over the parts to them, they sent me a mail saying that 'these parts were not ascertained to have been put by their dealer'.

Police case against the dealer?

Don't you think they should have by now ? No way, friend. They are totally hand in glove.

To sum it up -

1.The modus operandi was simple. To take the parts to Nummer Eins and to destroy evidence.

2.These dealers have a simple strategy when caught. They file a Police complaint against one of their employees ( most often imaginary) accusing him of this fraud. Blame it all on him and get away scot free. Standard dealer procedure.

Skoda say to end the whole fiasco ?

Check post no 128 on the other thread, Harbir. They called me for a meeting at the JW Marriott on 19th August 2008.

I did not ask for a new car.
I did not ask for a single rupee.
I did not ask them to mention on the receipt that their dealer had put these parts.

We agreed on the following terms ( I have evidence of this too)-

I only asked for action to be taken against Nummer Eins.
I also asked for my car to be given back to me with Original spares for which I had already paid Nummer Eins.
I asked them for a receipt for the spurious parts removed from my car.

They agreed to take action against Nummer Eins in 45 days.
They asked me to suspend all activities against Nummer Eins for 45 days.
They agreed to give me a receipt for the spurious parts removed from my car.

I agreed to withdraw Skoda's name from the court case.
I agreed to suspend all campaign for 45 days.

I asked for a draft of the receipt that they would give me.

Here they did a 'old wine in a new bottle' stunt with me.

They sent me a draft of the receipt for the spurious parts removed from my car, which said

'these parts were not ascertained to have been put by our dealer'.

I refused to accept this statement and we went into a stale mate.

I had agreed to let them off the hook. If they were eventually going to terminate the dealership then why was the above statement incorporated in the letter?

So what was their hang up in returning my car back to me other than a bruised ego?
Old 1st April 2009, 23:17   #439
BHPian

Are the 45 days over or when are they getting over?

If the 45 days are over, what have Skoda India done?
Gagan.js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 23:53   #440
BHPian

I don't know if this has been posted before but I just found it:

Skoda & Nummer Eins: SKODA & NUMMER EINS
Harbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:12   #441
BHPian

Cool The Competiton Act 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
- you mentioned guys who had similar problems. can you request them to join in ? Would appreciate that.
Kindly go through The Competition Act, 2002 and The Competition (Amendment) Act, 2007 (12 of 2003) brought into force w.e.f. 13.1.2003. See Section 4 (Abuse of dominant position).

A single consumer , for example, Harish, has to go through The Consumer Protection Act, but an association of persons like Team-BHP can go via this route to the Competition Commission of India.

Please read this act in detail and let me know your views.
Dr.Sumit Bhatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:40   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post

Please leave your mobile number for speedy resolution of your concern.

Thanks, Meghna
What about you leaving your office Desk phone number here so that any BHPians has got an issue with their Skoda can directly contact you to help you serve faster and better? If you are really sincere on what you said, please do it. At least arrange a direct phone number to which we can call without waiting on for 10 mins and forcing us to press 0-9 on the phone at least 5 times to get through your Customer care voice menu.

By the way, What do you drive Meghna?

Here is my take on this issue: (I have posted it in GTO's thread few minutes ago, posting here too to make sure that none of the BHPians including Meghna dont miss it)

Wont Skoda know the latest marketing Mantra? If no, here it is: "Google is God".

Best example is an issue I had with Deedi motors Kollam Kerala for a spark bought by my brother. I had posted the story here. Even after an year now, you search Deedi motors on Google, my post in Team-BHP is the one will be at top. The issue is resolved by Deedi after this happened and I appreciate that. But what they have done to me as a customer can not be undone. So as the Google page ranking as well. I have received several calls from GM and Deedi to request remove the thread from Team-BHP.But I told them I am totally helpless.

So in my opinion the reply to Skoda's attitude should be to spread the story to general public. Anyone who want to spend 12 lakhs on a car would go to Google and search what they gonna get.

Here is what we can do: Open Google. Search for "skoda instigate". The team-bhp post will appear as the first link there. click on the link and do it whenever you are free []. If every member does it atleast 3 times a day the hit count for our link will increase a lot. After few days you will see the magic. Just searching Skoda you will get our thread as the first link.

Once it reaches there, it will be there for years. Because of curiosity, anyone who searched for Skoda home page would definitely click on our link as it appears above Skoda home page. Our only intention would be to make the public aware about what is happening with the skoda owners across the country and decide themselves whether they should buy a Skoda or not

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 2nd April 2009 at 02:52.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 08:37   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Are the 45 days over or when are they getting over?

If the 45 days are over, what have Skoda India done?
45 days, Skoda said, was on 19th August 2008. Yes, they threw the dealer out on 5th September 2008.
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:10   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sumit Bhatti View Post
Kindly go through The Competition Act, 2002 and The Competition (Amendment) Act, 2007 (12 of 2003) brought into force w.e.f. 13.1.2003. See Section 4 (Abuse of dominant position).

A single consumer , for example, Harish, has to go through The Consumer Protection Act, but an association of persons like Team-BHP can go via this route to the Competition Commission of India.

Please read this act in detail and let me know your views.
Wonderful info Doc! Great Potential!

Something tells me we'll hear from Skoda soon!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:18   #445
BHPian

search for skoda india service on google

its shocking
jasher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:18   #446
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Wonderful info Doc! Great Potential!

Something tells me we'll hear from Skoda soon!!
yeah thats gr8 info with potential, seems only wait is to hear from skoda now.
Also seems that more and more complains of skoda owners are coming up after harish's case.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:20   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Beats me friend. They confirmed fraud, threw out the dealer. I can only think about 2 things. One, they don't ever want it publicly accepted that their dealer can do this. Second could be 'EGO'. Their 'EGO' is bruised pretty badly with all the press and television coverages added to the fact the number of recordings I have confirming discussions with their Senior Management. Some of the recordings are very conclusive.
This is very surprising and annoying at the same time. why is skoda taking it so personally? Their dealer was involved in fraud and not the Skoda company itself, and they very much corrected it by firing the dealer. Whats the point is fighting now. If they could do the justice they would won more recognition for the ethical business.

And moreover their communcation team is threatening t-bhp? whats wrong with you Skoda?
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:06   #448
Senior - BHPian

Does this really work the way it is mentioned here?(I mean the google search).
If yes, then that's a good technique there HCP. And after it starts appearing on the google search, the skoda india guys might go ahead and shoot the other leg of theirs as well to confirm that, the first time when they shot their leg did cause the pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Best example is an issue I had with Deedi motors Kollam Kerala for a spark bought by my brother. I had posted the story here. Even after an year now, you search Deedi motors on Google, my post in Team-BHP is the one will be at top. .....

Here is what we can do: Open Google. Search for "skoda instigate". The team-bhp post will appear as the first link there. click on the link and do it whenever you are free []. If every member does it atleast 3 times a day the hit count for our link will increase a lot. After few days you will see the magic. Just searching Skoda you will get our thread as the first link.

Once it reaches there, it will be there for years. Because of curiosity, anyone who searched for Skoda home page would definitely click on our link as it appears above Skoda home page. Our only intention would be to make the public aware about what is happening with the skoda owners across the country and decide themselves whether they should buy a Skoda or not
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:27   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have no clue.
So what was their hang up in returning my car back to me other than a bruised ego?
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
This is very surprising and annoying at the same time. why is skoda taking it so personally?
Harish, maybe your own post here has a clue!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1229627-post155.html
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:28   #450
BHPian

Keep pushing it Harish. This is a whole forum you have going to get backing from so even the court can not rule against you.

Cheers
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote