Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th April 2009, 14:18   #481
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
What surprises me is how does Tafe make economics work for it

Cheers,
Maybe thats why the Kolkata dealership JIA AUTO is hardly 1200-1500 sqft with space for 3 cars and their workshop is in a godforsaken place and forget about swanky, doesnt even have a paved road to get to it.

Unfortunately, no Vinayak type second dealer is here, so JIA must be making a pretty decent return on investment because I doubt their cost would have been beyond 2-3.5 cr.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 14:41   #482
Team-BHP Support

TAFE ACCESS owned the original showroom so there was no investment upfront
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 18:52   #483
BHPian

Default Compliments and regards

Dear Harish,

My sincere compliments to you for your resilience. I think there is a lesson for all of us to learn from your experience. While Skoda might have exhibited an attitude that is callous and disdainful, I am certain that some of the other manufacturers also deliver similar kind of poor service. Moreover, spurious parts could be an issue with many dealers.

I think your presenting your case on team-bhp has alerted many people. Thank you so much.

Whatever I can do as a member of Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home , I would certainly like to do to support your case and cause.

Kudos man

Jaskirat
Jaskirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 20:33   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Malpractice is common with Skoda. But there are chances that they might take you for a ride unless you know technicalities about your car.
I too had faced minor problem where the advisor had billed for something that should have been taken under warranty. I was charged for solving the problem of low pick up which was taken car by cleaning of EGR valve and intake manifold. After speaking to the senior advisor and explaining him the terms and conditions of warranty he was convinced that it would be hard to take this customer for a ride, and the charges were waived and taken care under the warranty.
But not all dealers are that understanding and generous. Some are just adamant and would not listen to you. When i had a word with this Sr.Advisor I learnt that he had joined this dealership after leaving the job from another dealership which I wouldn't want to name. He said the dealers have to buy the part/inventory/stock from Skoda cash down as there is no credit faciltiy given by them. The dealer lacked the finances to arrange or buy the stock the in advance. Whenever they had a customer with the problems they would be out of stock and keep the customer stranded for weeks to comes. Latter in the end they would remove the part from another customers car and fit into the one of the stranded customer. This truth really shocked me but understood onething why they take days to get the part and than blame the manufacture for not providing one. After all this malpractice this Sr.advisor decided to leave the job and look elsewhere where another job came knocking on his door from another Skoda dealer. And eventually landed up joining here since he was given the stock details as to how much stock they holding and never have issues with part not available. This being one of the reasons for him joining for the job with again a Skoda dealer.
Anyways, I always make it point that he takes care of my car personally. All my service is done with atmost care. I guess being friendly and sitting with this guy for an hour so while the job is being done has helped. But, I would rather take a day off from work and get the work done under my supervision instead of facing any trouble of change of parts or so.
Onething is there it's not the people who work there to be blamed it's the owners responsibility to set the ethics of the business. If they are the one who are strict there won't be an issues. But some of the Dealers are just interested in making the money out easy way by making one customer in trouble happy and another happy customer in trouble and in both way making himself(dealer) happy.
cc 'ing a post from the FABIA review thread that is also relavant here.

Last edited by Mpower : 5th April 2009 at 05:06.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 22:49   #485
Team-BHP Support

If there's any skoda owner who is a member on briskoda please post these links there. briskoda is the largest online skoda forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post

If anyone would like more information or has more feedback, feel free to contact our customer care executives at +91 240 2475999 or +91 240 6631256/64 or you can mail your queries and concerns regarding your Škoda car to skodadealersupport@misupport.net or post here.

Please leave your mobile number for speedy resolution of your concern.
The first post from Skoda Corporate was a direct copy paste from the skoda india website contact us page.

?koda Auto - ?koda Contacts

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th April 2009 at 22:58.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 23:45   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ajmat : ... a swanky new TAFE ACCESS showroom next to Dakshin Honda. The issue has certainly been forgotten
A showroom wouldnot come up overnight. We have been discussing Harish's case for about a week now. TAL's new showroom work would started long back. (Possibly moving from St Marks Rd).
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 23:47   #487
Senior - BHPian

i see this has made to skoda's wikipedia page. I wonder who did it
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 23:48   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A showroom wouldnot come up overnight. We have been discussing Harish's case for about a week now. TAL's new showroom work would started long back. (Possibly moving from St Marks Rd).
I beleive we were discussing DIFFSOFT''s issue
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 00:03   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ajmat : yes, you're correct. The discussing was for Diffsoft's case.

But my points about the time required to bring up a new showroom would still hold.

If Nummer Eins was involved in these activities with it's customers, and TAL is in it's own style with it's own customers, then the problem would be far deeper than just the 'stray' cases that have come to light. One things seems very very possible : Skoda is looking the other way while the dealers play their games.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 00:09   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Whoever did it,God bless him,let the word spread as far as it possibly can,not to mention,people who were not members of teambhp or didn't had a faint idea of the reputation of this forum amongst the motorists/enthusiasts of India,are now coming to know of our strength and the support and co-operation the forum offers to its members.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 00:35   #491
BHPian

Cool How else do these swanky showrooms make end's meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
A typical investment in a showroom is is 10 - 15 crores, meaning even at 12% post - tax return I need to recover atleast 1.2 - 1.8 crores annually, which I can bet cannot be managed with with 4 crore nett revenue. I guess that puts abnormal pressure to recover money through spares / labour and forgery (?)
This is exactly the thought that crossed my mind a couple of months ago when a new multi crore service facility from 'Foul Way' was inaugurated. Wouldn't a normal person make more money by just keeping his money in a secure Fixed Deposit ?

On paper, many businesses look great, but the ground reality is different.

BTW 'Roadworse' is an interesting find !
Dr.Sumit Bhatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 05:12   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Whoever did it,God bless him,let the word spread as far as it possibly can,not to mention,people who were not members of teambhp or didn't had a faint idea of the reputation of this forum amongst the motorists/enthusiasts of India,are now coming to know of our strength and the support and co-operation the forum offers to its members.
One of our fellow Team BHPians did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
I have also included references to this thread in the Wikipedia article about Skoda Auto: *koda Auto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
darklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 10:30   #493
BHPian

IMHO Skoda should give us a clear idea of what they are going to do about this.

1. It's been a week or two since Ms Choksey replied to the thread
2. Is Skoda planning to keep silent till the case is done?
3. I'm interested in VW's strategy when it comes to servicing their cars. Do they plan to use the current crop of Skoda dealers? If yes, God Save our Souls!!

Just saw the caption of the new Superb today Reads "For the ambitious and the determined" - Yeah right!! Ambitious to own it - determined if you want to get any semblance of good service from the dealers!!

Drive on!!
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 6th April 2009 at 10:32.
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 20:27   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
Dear Harish,
Whatever I can do as a member of Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home , I would certainly like to do to support your case and cause.

Kudos man

Jaskirat
Thanks for the offer Jaskirat. Your presence with all of us, together, makes all the difference.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 22:18   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yeah a pretty big showroom 2buildings before Dakshin Honda.

There's another one on the opposite side near Hosa road junction. I don't know which showroom it is. Looks pretty swanky.

It is the new Chevrolet showroom.

-- Wind

Last edited by Wind : 6th April 2009 at 22:19.
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote