Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th April 2009, 13:44   #526
BANNED

guilty as charged. its a tough one you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I've been editing anonymously. Mostly language and stuff. I edited this too. BTW Was it you who wrote Skoda Checkoslovakia?

Cheers,
Sam
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 14:12   #527
BHPian

from discussing harish's case we have started discussing wikipedia!!!

haven't heard from harish from quiet some time now. wonder what are the updates with him.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 18:48   #528
BHPian

samyak. Everyone is in the process of collecting documents. Will keep posting developments shortly
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 19:10   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Humm - I wonder why the Skoda PR exec would show that he/she owns a Mahindra & a Hyundai
http://blacworks.com/images/40906156.jpg
she may be a skoda exec, but hey, she is a smart buyer.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 19:35   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Boy, this has me in splits, I am gonna die of laughter!

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 13:54   #531
BHPian

but i sincerely hope that skoda auto takes drastic measures to change its image.

i think they would definitely see the truth when they start having surprise audits at their service centres to know the truth.

@harishv

all the best buddy.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 14:48   #532
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Boy, this has me in splits, I am gonna die of laughter!

Cheers,
- wish there were a sign "You are stupid" . . as that is what I would like to tell the skoda executive, who has mentioned the brands of other cars that he/she owns.

It is not compulsary to fill that detail. Hope skoda realizes the quality of PR then have employed.

I guess that job will soon be available. Suggest PR professionals send resumes to Skoda HR. (I do presume that once the legal and PR guys get the boot, the company will again be on track.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 02:45   #533
BHPian

Harish,
Have you contacted the trade unions of Skoda and VW? Skoda has OS KOVO as trade union and VW has IG Metall.

Lets take this game of gilli-danda to their turf. its about time they closed your case.
Theyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 16:04   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Harish: May be in all this thread traffic I missed it but what was the order of consumer court? Was it final order? Typically big litigants tie down consumer courts by taking stay on some interim stuff. Otherwise consumer court has to give final orders within 90 days. This way they are able to stall the proceedings and squeeze the small guy.

The Ministry of consumer affairs is also very active and it may be worth throwing this case at their doors also to see why the delay.
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 17:13   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

You did miss it... Harish won his case in the consumer court, but Skoda appealed.

Details, sorry I don't remember.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 17:16   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

I am glad that the 'Excellent Skoda' service is finally showing up in the car mags.

In the head to head in the last TV version of ACI I saw that the Superb was rated better than the Accord in almost all points, except for service but was rated lwer overall. Also, Hormazd is now mentioning poor Skoda service in his recos.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 19:50   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You did miss it... Harish won his case in the consumer court, but Skoda appealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv
I approached the district consumer forum which gave an interim ruling ordering Skoda to release my car repaired to its international standards immediately. Skoda appealed to the state forum which stayed the release of my car. Due to a huge backlog of cases the case is proceeding slowly.
As you can see this is what he posted right at start. Their appeal tactic is why the case is stuck up. I would approach the case at consumer forum for final disposal. The interim order is stayed but is also the proceeding at lower court stayed??
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 00:17   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I approached the district consumer forum which gave an interim ruling
Thank you sudev for the relevant quote.

That is not the same as saying "Harish won his case" --- sorry for the misleading info.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 00:24   #539
BANNED

Harish *did* win his case. but that's only the intermission. we are in the second half now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thank you sudev for the relevant quote.

That is not the same as saying "Harish won his case" --- sorry for the misleading info.
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 02:16   #540
Senior - BHPian

Default Of Appeals and processes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
As you can see this is what he posted right at start. Their appeal tactic is why the case is stuck up. I would approach the case at consumer forum for final disposal. The interim order is stayed but is also the proceeding at lower court stayed??

Just a point to ponder - If the District Consumer Forum had passed an interim direction against the consumer (Harish), would it be fair on our part to expect the consumer to not file an appeal?

The Indian Judiciary, like those heavenly mills, grinds slowly but surely. Harish has already been advised to speed up his case and complete the trial. If a complainant is pushing for trial, there is little that a respondent can do to stall the case. If the higher court has stayed proceedings in the lower court, one can always have the stay order vacated/modified by filing an I.A. (M.A.) and making a mention.

@ blacmagic - The case is pending. An appeal was filed against an interim order. So, as of now, nobody has 'won' the case.

O.T. (slightly): Does anyone here know the circumstances in which the ex-MD of Skoda India (now a partner with the Nummer-eins people), left Skoda?

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 12th April 2009 at 02:19.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote