Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st April 2009, 15:32   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
YC, your confusing me and Navin. It was Navin who went to autobahn.
Oh, in that case, hats off to Mr.Navin, nevertheless you are doing your too, towards bringing the malpractices of skoda to light and supporting the campaign against skoda, making them change their ways and improve, so kudos to you as well.

BTW, haven't you as well lately taken your octy to Skoda A.S.S (Jia autos)? I have not been able to follow all of the other thread regularly so not sure about it.

regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 21st April 2009 at 15:42. Reason: mistpe
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 23:38   #587
BHPian

Default Appalling to say the least

This appalling to say the least, and Hats off to Harish on his resilience and determination to take it to a logical closure. We all hope that you get justice in the end. It would have taken far less effort for Skoda to apologise for the wrongdoings of its dealer/service centre, and make amends to what are well known facts of its after-sales of an otherwise a good car.

The automobile manufacturers forget that for most of us the dealership is more like the front-office or the face of these manufacturer to the public. When I first was planning to buy a car, the lack lustre response from one of the famous dealers of Honda City in Chennai, made me re-think if it was worth the hassle to buy the car when the dealer himself is not very enthusiatic about selling it.

I dont think other dealers of other manufacturers are without issues. But as YC pointed out in his experience, the manner in which MUL responded, not only converted to what would have been a loss of a customer to one where he has bought 3 other cars of the same manfacturer. This would be apart from the word Maruti's customer service being spread around by word of mouth. It was a similar experience like YCs, with MUL dealer at Gurgaon, that made me go for SX4 for my next purchase. I had a wheel balancing problem after one of the services, which could be felt only above 110 kmph. I had reported the same after a week and they requested me to bring the vehicle to the workshop when convienient, and assured me they would look into it. I took the vehicle the following saturday to their workshop, and one of the supervisors listened to the issue, did a quick check of the service log, and we went for the test drive on NH8, and once satisfied he understood the problem took it back, and got a mechanic to work on it(which took half a day to fix since they said its difficult to balance alloy wheels, but thats a different issue). Once done, we once again retested the same, and he made sure that I was satisfied. Though at that time I was annoyed that it was not done right the first time, it made me comfortable to know that they cared.

And here we have a cases of customers who shell out more than 4 times the cost of an Alto being harrased, and they also intend to intimidate a web community with legal actions. Had they read other threads in this forum, they would have understood the magnitude of their problem with their after sales, apart from having known how much their vehicle was admired for its performance in this very forum. Another missed oppurtunity to set right the wrongs done, grossly mismanaged, and lot of potential customers put-off.
raghu.t.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:15   #588
Senior - BHPian

@ HARISH ,

You had a date with skoda on 21st april in the court i suppose. What are the latest updates?

eagerly waiting,
Yours,
TEAM-BHP
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:39   #589
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Most court cases have been delayed due to the elections. I presume Harish's case will come up for hearing after 2 - 3 months.

And he is still paying EMI's on that damn car
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:08   #590
BHPian

amit

GTO - thats right, district consumer forum date adjourned to 1st July
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:22   #591
BHPian

Default Legal Update

In September 2008, the Hon. District Forum had ordered Skoda to bear the cost of repairs and release my car.

Skoda had appealed to the Hon. State Forum against the order.

Today, the Hon. State Forum set aside the order of the Hon. District Forum citing a technicality.

However, it directed the Hon. District Forum to dispose off the case within 90 days.

Skoda lawyer filed an application to restrict me from speaking about the issue. The Hon. State Forum refused to entertain the application.

There was no representation from Nummer Eins and JMD Auto. No lawyers, no representative.

I continue to pay the EMI of Rs. 21,299/- for keeping my car in Skoda custody for the 14th month.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:25   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
However, it directed the Hon. District Forum to dispose off the case within 90 days.

Skoda lawyer filed an application to restrict me from speaking about the issue. The Hon. State Forum refused to entertain the application.

There was no representation from Nummer Eins and JMD Auto. No lawyers, no representative.

I continue to pay the EMI of Rs. 21,299/- for keeping my car in Skoda custody for the 14th month.

Hang in there Harish !
His Highness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:36   #593
Senior - BHPian

What the crap ? , what was the out come of the skoda ppl meeting the mods ? . They are feeling the heat and trying to shut your mouth of not speaking . Morons dont know that , we can . Really really pathetic . Man next time go to court with a chain saw .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:44   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is really absurd.
Is there a compensation for this?
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:14   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Skoda is has not taken the meeting with Team-BHP honestly positively. They are again trying to scare off Harish from speaking about the issue. Will Skoda ever learn?
cruiser_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:14   #596
BANNED

I raise a toast to the Hon State Forum. I also hope Skoda's lawyer was told to go play with himself.

Quote:
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:22   #597
BHPian

Harishv, I might be wrong but if the skoda reps dont show up a few times isnt the judgement passed ex parte (and usually in your favour) ?
Raj1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:38   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unbelievable is the only word that comes to my mind.

I would not want to be in your position.

All the best with your trial. Expect it to keep getting postponed. These Judges usually dont like big corporations. I have a feeling you will get justice.

All the best!
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 21:48   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sorry to hear of this development. I think many of us had hopes that Skoda would, at least, want some good PR at this time.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 22:05   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
Harishv, I might be wrong but if the skoda reps dont show up a few times isnt the judgement passed ex parte (and usually in your favour) ?
1. Read that again. Skoda lawyers were there, they actually filed an application seeking to gag harish from speaking about this case. duh. So much for that meet with the mods.

2. You know what happens to a case which has been decided in absence of a party? He files an appeal. And this what happens in the appeal.

LFDP (Lawyer for delinquent party):- m'lord, the court below dismissed / allowed the proceedings, and were were not there.

LFAP (lawyer for party who was deligent):- yes. He was not there. He was given N chances, and he did not turn up.

LFDP - (looks down, shuffles, and writes with his toe on the ground, like a bride in the bedroom) m'lord, you know, the party did not turn up at my office on the day before the case was posted, and I cannot appear ..... <volume going down> I after all have a very good case m'lord ... <volume goes down still further> please m'lord .... <it is now a whisper> M'lord may allow it on heavy costs ...

Court:- ok. I will allow the matter with costs ... what do you say Mr. LFAP??

LFAP - No m'lord, the case was posted X times over N number of years, and this appeal is now pending for N + 5 years ... m'lord, no costs can compensate that ...

Court - will X,000/- do??

(LFAP looks down - he has to appear for another delinquent party in another case on another day, and if he refuses, this "offer", the his other case is going to be rejected).

If anybody wants to haul me up for contempt of court for saying this, please do.

@harishv, can you be bothered with typing out the full text of the decision and post it here?

Edit:- you may now want to amend the complaint asking for compensation, EMIs and alternative transport for the duration the car has been detained. Plus depreciation for the period. Talk to your lawyer about this.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 27th April 2009 at 22:08.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote