Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th September 2009, 14:14   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

A newspaper advert that made me giggle:

Quote:
Skoda Laura. A car that is many cars
Errr... would that be because of the assortment of spares?

Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 20:48   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A newspaper advert that made me giggle:

Errr... would that be because of the assortment of spares?
No. A Skoda owner should have other cars. (to commute)
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 20:51   #738
Senior - BHPian

Well if you think of a car as a headache, it does make sense doesn't it? You guys should give some credit to Skoda when they're truthful with their ads.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 21:59   #739
BANNED

Well defects per 100 count , why not have a poll where car owners have demanded replacement for major defect,
We can understand by the poll which company is less reliable , It may throw some positive surprises
YVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 01:06   #740
BHPian

Harish,
Saw this thread today, really feel sorry for you. I admire your courage to fight Skoda - the corporate. Hats off to you. I can feel the pain you must be going through.
First thing I am going to do when I am in office in Moday is to tell my friend about this thread, he is considering buying Laura. I would feel to have contributed to your cause if I can pursuade atleast one person not to buy Skoda. Let's all the team bhpian try to do that. Probably we can start another thread just to count the number of people who decided aginst Skoda ue to this incident. The corporate execs only go my numbers on their monthly sales dashboard report. Only when they would see that 5/10% of potential sales fell through because of this then they would realise their mistake.

I am then going to forward a write-up up on this to everyone in mycontacts. You know those chain mails - I am going to start one to pursuade people not to buy Skoda. I work in IT so I am sure the mail will reach wider audience.

Guys please get me up to speed as to why that Skoda is still in the Team BHP banner?
ScorpWarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 09:47   #741
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Harish,
Saw this thread today, really feel sorry for you. I admire your courage to fight Skoda - the corporate. Hats off to you. I can feel the pain you must be going through.
Scorpwarp,
In Harishís case , Itís the Fault of the dealer and Skoda has punished the dealer, would have been better for Skoda to cover for the expenses incurred by Harish.

First thing I am going to do when I am in office in Moday is to tell my friend about this thread, he is considering buying Laura. I would feel to have contributed to your cause if I can pursuade atleast one person not to buy Skoda. Let's all the team bhpian try to do that. Probably we can start another thread just to count the number of people who decided aginst Skoda ue to this incident. The corporate execs only go my numbers on their monthly sales dashboard report. Only when they would see that 5/10% of potential sales fell through because of this then they would realise their mistake.

I am then going to forward a write-up up on this to everyone in mycontacts. You know those chain mails - I am going to start one to pursuade people not to buy Skoda. I work in IT so I am sure the mail will reach wider audience.[/quote]

You have seen only some threads about Skoda, which does not mean itís a bad company, there are issues on after sales service with some Skoda dealers, and you will find some of such issues with other Japanese companies also. If one visits and searches for maruti in Indian Consumer Complaints Forum you can see over 1000's of unhappy people, thatís why lets have a poll.
Blaming Ford, Fiat, and Skodaís for
after sales service is unfair.

Guys please get me up to speed as to why that Skoda is still in the Team BHP banner?[/quote]
YVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 13:27   #742
BHPian

The amount of awareness I have been able to generate on poor skoda a.s.s with the help of this and other skoda threads is huge. I work with a lot of sales guys in one of the largest global MNCs and as of now none of them will ever touch a skoda.
Now if skoda is reading this thread, they should know that sales people in a large IT company have money to splurge and lots of money and yes they have good relations with their customers, good enough to talk cars and not just business. I am sure the news on poor skoda a.s.s is also now reached the various non-sales teams (3000 strong) thanks to other tbhp members in my company. Given the number of new cars being recently bought, due to slight upswing in the industry, this word of mouth is already costing skoda huge!!
Skoda you have been warned, point of no return is not far away :-) mend your ways (includes taking care of harish and others) and you may still recover the lost business with your great cars!
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 15:17   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Yes it is frustrating.

Dates are being given at a frequency of around 70 - 90 days. Once I think it was during elections, few months ago. Then there was a change of the President of the Forum. This time I filed for an amendment. That makes it 7-9 months.

I think they cant help it. Looks like there is a huge backlog of cases.
The penalty must be so severe these corporates must think before they keep dragging the customers and taking them for a ride. They should be made to be scared about the consequences. Peanuts fine and just replacing the car wouldnt suffice as compensation for the harrasment the customer goes through.
LandCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 18:53   #744
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys apart from forwarding the info past the thread in your FaceBook/Orkut/... profiles. Just one post on my profile drew many negative for Skoda responses.

@harishv: Getting date again and again from courts can be a bummer. Hang in there.
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 20:50   #745
BHPian

YVES:
You are right - even Japnese companies have problems with their products. What is important is how they deal with the problem (in general). No product is perfect but the company has to take the responsibility without trying to play the blame game. Had Skoda terminated the dealership right away and given Harish choice of full refund or new car then things would not have escalated to such an extent. This shows poor attitude of the company towards customers. That's appaling. Anyone would expect better service from the company after spending 10+ lakhs on a product.
ScorpWarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 23:26   #746
BHPian

@ Harish

Any update brother??
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 07:39   #747
BHPian

Any nincompoop with or without a degree in marketing could know that this does not augur well for the company. Even if their A.S.S. does not improve over all ,they could at least take care of the cases where the owner has taken the trouble to fight them and are in the public eye. This particular case is an excellent example. I wouldnt care if other owners are happy with it , a company that does not aim for 100% consumer satisfaction while selling a premium car definitely does not figure in my buying list or advice list. Seriously Skoda, this is costing you much more than a brand new car would have. wonder who advices these guys on their marketing / customer satisfaction strategies.
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 23:02   #748
BHPian

Harish in NO way it seems that this company is going to be long here.

All such Invaders have been sent back to their respective stables.

SKODA are you listening, STOP playing with the lives of Indians.
Prakash Gupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 10:23   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
@ Harish

Any update brother??
Sorry pal. Nothing to write home about.

Thanks for the concern. Will keep posting developments as and when it happens.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 10:55   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised to see Autocar now taking a positive outlook towards Skoda. If you are a jouro (even mroe if AUto) you will get service at all costs by the company!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote