@Bullitt - Thanx. Hope so too.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 19:18   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Nummer Eins lawyer absent.

Next date 8th September.
Now, isn't that considered as contempt of court? Just trying to understand. Having filed the case, if don't show up, its ok, but what if the other party doesn't show up? I thought it was contempt of court & adds more weightage to you isn't it?

Last edited by aargee : 1st September 2010 at 19:19.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 19:20   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

I know the result/verdict by court shall be in Harish's favor,

I hope print/electronic media do a good job of highlighting this so that there are few meetings in board rooms & this kind of issue won't be repeated with any one forever.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:31   #980
Senior - BHPian

This is sad. I feel more than anything else its our judiciary that is responsible for most of the frauds in our society. The time it takes to serve justice just dilutes the lesson it is supposed to teach.

I remember when this thread was started, with frequent posts by Harish, members, it was always at the top! Slowly I can see the momentum decreasing, dying almost.

Worry not Harish, you shall win man! I just hope its soon enough!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 2nd September 2010 at 03:35.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 05:04   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Taarikh pe Taarikh.

Nummer Eins lawyer absent.

Next date 8th September.

@Bullitt - Thanx. Hope so too.

Harishv Its high time your lawyer push for Ex-parte, its simply delaying tactics from the dealers lawyer. Press for the case being heard without the defendant's presence and imposition of costs for neglecting his presence in the hearing.Its high time the matter is decided once and for all.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 07:46   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

@harishv: The good part is court did not give a loooong date. Somehow I am have a feeling the lawyer would be there next time but client would be missing. Delaying tactics and some snoopy reading here.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:09   #983
Team-BHP Support

Frankly if the lawyer does not turn up then the court should take a cal
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:23   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly if the lawyer does not turn up then the court should take a cal
So are you saying that the court takes a call even if on "contempt of court"? Just trying to understand.

If court does consider that, it becomes even more favourable for Harish isn't it?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:25   #985
Senior - BHPian

I believe you can do this delay tactic only twice - the third time you can be issued a warrant for contempt of court.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:42   #986
BHPian

This last date was the shortest date - 12 days.

All the other times it is about 60-75 days (2 and a half months) on an average.
Jan - March - June - Sep - Dec.

There are 3 opponents. If each one of them remains absent once it is 1 year from date to date.

Add to that a turncoat lawyer, switching over, new lawyer's vakalatnama on one data, an amendement to the original complaint - and it is almost 1.5 years.

Assuming I win, we have to still contend with the State Forum and the National Forum.

Last time when I was negotiating the State Forum, it was about 4-5 months per date.

Jai Ho !
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:52   #987
BHPian

Man, this is really hopeless but I must appreciate your patience Harish for keeping this fight alive.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:38   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

My first post on this issue. I have been a silent reader in this for quite some time. I dont think that people are losing interest in this case. I think no one wants to remind harish of the horrible incident by posting something every day. More than that as Harish said, there is nothing much to write as well since the gap between two hearings are too high.

I posted this now to just let you know my support in this case. I know how painful this can get [had some problems in my family regarding our property and case went on for 10+ years !].

Also I believe bhpians stay away because no one wants to raise any comments on this thread which might affect harish's case in a bad way [ have no idea how to contribute to all these - I have no relevant knowledge regarding all these -- so my support ].

Harish, I respect your will power sir. Strong going and hence my post -- add one more hand [nah..2 hands] in the crowd that supports you! Hope this will be settled soon and you will be a happy man [We all will be there to cheer along with you.]
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 06:00   #989
BHPian

Default Remember this incident when you intend to buy a VW or an Audi too..

Quote:
After reading most of the stuff on this thread and going thru the horrific experiences of customers who have spent a fortune buying a Skoda - if Skoda is still able to sell even one car in India, I would personally feel very sorry for the uninformed buyer. I mean, they sell sad cars which break down in its first week and have apathetic ***, along with a Holier than thou attitude so what does a person buy their car for? To get humiliated and keep the car in a showcase?
IMHO, what Skoda has perpetuated on Indian consumers should be viewed as an insult to all Indians!

Henceforth, each time I see a Skoda pass buy, I would pity the owner!
Count VW and Audi in the same group. Since they all belong to the same group, share culture (which is key here), personnel, infrastructure and products we can as well expect the same horrible customer service from all the 3.
Theyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 07:56   #990
BHPian

Its not the manufacturer that indulged in criminal activity: that was the dealer. Skoda employee(s) may have been in on the grease coming from the dealers, but that has to be investigated thoroughly. Ofcourse, Skoda could have handled the customer interaction differently rather than trying to do a cover up. But atleast in this case, Skoda suspended the dealer (as i understood from earlier in this thread). most manufacturers dont even do that!

Back in 2000, my own Maruti 800 returned from a regular service with the driver seat changed with a slightly broken one from another car. Fortunately for me my original seat was uniquely identifiable because of a nylon band stitched onto its rear. I went there and created a scene and since my original seat couldn't be located, the broken seat was replaced, shockingly from another Maruti 800 which had come in for a service! On another occasion the battery was swapped! This at Pune's biggest Maruti dealer with connections to a certain MP! Needless to say, my car hasnt gone back to that dealer for servicing... EVER!

Its not just Skoda and I am sure it happens to Maruti, Tata and Fiat owners as well. But Maruti and Tata dont even take action against these dealers. Skoda did, and i think we should recognise that. Ofcourse they should have handled the cleanup better instead of indulging in this coverup.

Last edited by COUGAR : 7th September 2010 at 08:00.
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote