Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 21:27   #1216
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I am surprised - there are enough people on the forum with "connections" why is a T-Bhpian not using them to sort out this mess Harish has suffered for many years now.

Come on wake up - it is beginning to sound like a typical Hindi Film. Where the high & mighty squish the ordinary man & no one bothers..

Disgusting !! to say the least.

On this very thread I had suggested that a common communication be drafted to the governing boards of VW, Skoda and be sent by individual members of this forum to them en masse. What does it entail? Copy, paste, two or three printouts and mailing them via surface mail to their respective headquarters. Not one person responded!

You honestly think people are willing to take any trouble? Please believe me I will be more than pleased to be proven wrong.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 21:36   #1217
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
On this very thread I had suggested that a common communication be drafted to the governing boards of VW, Skoda and be sent by individual members of this forum to them en masse. What does it entail? Copy, paste, two or three printouts and mailing them via surface mail to their respective headquarters. Not one person responded!

You honestly think people are willing to take any trouble? Please believe me I will be more than pleased to be proven wrong.
Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. I fully support the initiative. Let the Mods draft a letter & put it up..we can all (like minded people) take a print, append our signatures & send it to who it needs to be sent.

In all fairness GTO needs to start this initiative.

Thanks RS_DEL for the suggestion.

There are many lawyers on the forum too - would they be willing to draft a letter which has legal standing as well & send it to GTO ?

C'mon wake up Gentlemen..this is for a fellow Bhpian who has suffered long enough at the hands of a car maker.
Ricky_63 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 21:56   #1218
BHPian
 
crackparag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update
Nummer lawyer present.
========
Next date - 19th september.

Jai Ho.
Hi Harish, can I know the name of the Judge? I might be able to help.

Last edited by crackparag : 4th August 2011 at 22:16. Reason: Didn't know about the PM thing!
crackparag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 22:14   #1219
Senior - BHPian
 
sachinj12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,188
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Every time I open this thread, I hope to see something different. Something positive, But alas, its like that broken grand pa tape recorder.

The 'Lord' has taken a vacation!



Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Hi Harish, can I know the name of the Judge? I might be able to help. You can PM me!
You need to be BHPian to exchange PM's. Shed your newbie tag soon
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 23:21   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,841
Thanked: 7,230 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

I think that people have forgotten the beginning of this story.

When it was first published on T-BHP, Skoda's marketing department were dumb enough to threaten T-BHP. After some amusing on-line banter, there was a meeting with Skoda and Team-BHP.

And then...

Well, the rest is history, as they say, much to Harish's frustration.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 00:55   #1221
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,437 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

I feel really sad here and understand what Harish is going thru. Especially since I grew up seeing my parents fight for our property & losing it after around 20 years of pusuing the case, all because "bribery" won at the end. Most of the times I believe that there is nothing called justice in this world and nice & honest people always get harassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
After some amusing on-line banter, there was a meeting with Skoda and Team-BHP.
And then...
Well, the rest is history, as they say, much to Harish's frustration.
Ohh, looks like I missed this part of the meeting of Skoda with t-bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I am surprised - there are enough people on the forum with "connections" why is a T-Bhpian not using them to sort out this mess Harish has suffered for many years now.

Disgusting !! to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
You honestly think people are willing to take any trouble? Please believe me I will be more than pleased to be proven wrong.
What you say is true. I guess people are afraid because no one knows what can backfire & no one wants to be tangled. And it's our judiciary which needs to be blamed for it. If a case is filed, it runs for years & years ! We all know the recent incident of Vodafone where the customer is being accused though the root of the problem lies with Vodafone itself. The mighty & the rich have the advantage & common people have to suffer.

So actually the lawyers or knowledgeable bhpians could empower rest, what works & what doesn't !

I always thought that if the disgruntled Skoda owners from each city get together and stage a protest by parking their cars together in front of Skoda showrooms for couple of hours on a pre-scheduled day and handover pamphlets to the potential customers who comes there. And the media should be requested for coverage as well. If it happens in 2 or 3 citys, sure Skoda will wake up before it spreads to other cities. The question is how many people are willing or daring to take this pain / risk?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th August 2011 at 00:56.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 02:01   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,841
Thanked: 7,230 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Harish has always given the impression that he has access to all the legal opinion and assistance that he needs, and also that he wants to win the case, fair and square, on the facts, in the open court.

I'm sure that qualified T-BHPers will have been in touch over the years.

The support from T-BHP goes on --- and the negative effect on Skoda's reputation also goes on.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 07:40   #1223
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 2,116 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
On this very thread I had suggested that a common communication be drafted to the governing boards of VW, Skoda and be sent by individual members of this forum to them en masse. What does it entail? Copy, paste, two or three printouts and mailing them via surface mail to their respective headquarters. Not one person responded!

You honestly think people are willing to take any trouble? Please believe me I will be more than pleased to be proven wrong.
I am happy to send the letters to whoever we decide. Unfortunately I am terrible at drafting a letter with legalese. If someone can draft this, I am game to send them with my sign/ address as required
The concern is how many of these will be read eventually? In fact they should be more worried about the discussion here as it is on a public forum
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 07:55   #1224
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I am happy to send the letters to whoever we decide. Unfortunately I am terrible at drafting a letter with legalese. If someone can draft this, I am game to send them with my sign/ address as required
The concern is how many of these will be read eventually? In fact they should be more worried about the discussion here as it is on a public forum
First of all ONLY if the aggrieved member i.e. Harish wants help should community action be contemplated.

If he does want it, then it is quite simple actually. Copies of the letter to the boards of Skoda and VW should be marked to some prominent national dailies. That is when it starts mattering. A community action that is in the eyes of the press. Will it work? Maybe or maybe not! Will VW and Skoda take notice. That is most likely a yes.
RS_DEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 08:46   #1225
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 376
Thanked: 728 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Thanks guys for all the wishes and offer to help.

Right now, am at sea wondering how to move ahead. I would like to complete this final argument and based on the verdict will take my next step. Therefore, no choice but to sit out this one final argument.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 08:48   #1226
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Thanks guys for all the wishes and offer to help.

Right now, am at sea wondering how to move ahead. I would like to complete this final argument and based on the verdict will take my next step. Therefore, no choice but to sit out this one final argument.
Is there no limit for absconding ? I mean when will the court reprimand skoda or the other litigants for continous absence?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 10:43   #1227
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think that people have forgotten the beginning of this story.

When it was first published on T-BHP, Skoda's marketing department were dumb enough to threaten T-BHP. After some amusing on-line banter, there was a meeting with Skoda and Team-BHP.
I might be a newbie by name, but I've been silently following this thread for months now. Even then, this comes as a bit of a surprise to me even if it shouldn't. I don't get how Skoda believe they can threaten anything to an online forum, what with everyone having the right to free speech and all that.

I feel for you Harish, keep fighting the good fight. There must be something that can be done, but I believe you should only go for further recourse after you suffer through this final argument that will be coming up.
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 10:44   #1228
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 4,828 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Is there no limit for absconding ? I mean when will the court reprimand skoda or the other litigants for continous absence?
Sadly my friend, this is the way judiciary functions in India, with take it or leave it attitude.

More than fines, I hope Skoda learns the lessons of valuing their customer and do a more detailed analysis prior to finalizing a dealer.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 13:02   #1229
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Harish,

You efforts to get justice laudable.

One question, maybe I missed the answer, should'nt this be a criminal case of theft etc? That at least gave the end satisfaction of these idiots (nummer eins/skoda) serving jail time.

IMHO, people around you (relatives, lawyers) should have had the wisdom to convince you to settle. There was a post from memeber ravveendrra to this effect, after you had a meeting with Skoda reps. Its been three years and with more appeals from you/other party will make it another three. If the option is still open, please seriously consider to settle. From my personal experience, or to be more precise with my parents experience with litigation, I would not have carried on so far. Its a life draining excercise.


Many members here compeletly support you in your quest to fight on in court. But I want to ask them:
Have they been through an extensive litigation process? Do they have the courage/means to fight on for years? Please consider whether you would personally continue like Harish in court, before advising him to do so? If you are not doing so, then its only lip service.


To the members trying to draft the letter to VW board:
What's the hitch? Why does such a letter have to be legally sound?
Is'nt it going to be an impassioned appeal or a hate mail? If it is an impassioned appeal, then it can't be a legal threat. Either way I don't see why it has to be legally sound? If you think its going to make difference, please go ahead and draft it instead of passing on the buck.

regards
DukeSan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 14:40   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,841
Thanked: 7,230 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I don't get how Skoda believe they can threaten anything to an online forum, what with everyone having the right to free speech and all that.
Probably the fact behind that was one misguided marketing person jumping in with both feet. It was stupid, and hopefuly her employers left her with no doubt about that. Although, with what has happened since, perhaps they didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
IMHO, people around you (relatives, lawyers) should have had the wisdom to convince you to settle. There was a post from memeber ravveendrra to this effect, after you had a meeting with Skoda reps. Its been three years and with more appeals from you/other party will make it another three. If the option is still open, please seriously consider to settle. From my personal experience, or to be more precise with my parents experience with litigation, I would not have carried on so far. Its a life draining excercise.
Having, just the other day, referred back to the beginning of the thread to refresh my memory, it seems that the offer of a settlement came with a demand that Harish make a statement that would have been unjust and untruthful. I am not at all surprised that Harish refused. Of course, he could have no idea then, of future events.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Consumer court and Veterinary doctor negligence, what are the options tsk1979 Shifting gears 35 14th September 2010 19:31
Banglorean wins consumer court case against Concorde motors GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 3 12th July 2010 21:27
Consumer case process in Bangalore (against maruti), and expected results? GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 18 8th June 2009 15:38
Need help in going to consumer court (EDIT: Axis Bank car loan) ashwin390 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 18 6th February 2009 15:18
Low FE : Can you go to consumer court? venkatrx The Indian Car Scene 1 22nd April 2006 15:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks