Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th May 2012, 16:11   #1366
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

How about sharing this story on Satyamev Jayate website? AK might read and think. On Twitter he is the most inactive among all celebrity.
aditya@pune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 17:13   #1367
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Was thinking of buying myself a Fabia and had almost finalized it. But after the Horror story posted, i really turned myself off from skoda products and have really asked everyone known to me to be away from the VW group cars. Whether it is a POLO or a FABIA, the company will not last more than 4-5 years in india and will be cornered by their better servicing counterparts. Let us all members vow not to buy these VW group cars
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 17:31   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
How about sharing this story on Satyamev Jayate website? AK might read and think. On Twitter he is the most inactive among all celebrity.
Forget the general population.

Let us see how many of our membership have retweeted this to AK, shall we? If the number had been substantial enough he would have wondered whether he should ignore or respond.

People do not realise what Harish is fighting against is something that could happen to any of us - he is fighting a fight that could very well be our fight. This apathy of the people at large to an injustice is the biggest strength of the perpetrator.

All it takes is concerted community action to highlight the issue - a simple letter sent via snail mail to Skoda under copy to a couple of publications and one or two channels. Do that and even the crooked press begins to take notice. That is all you need to start the momentum to stop this nonsense. Will that happen? No I don't think so.
RS_DEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 17:35   #1369
BHPian

I agree with you RS_Del. My extended family has been looking for a new car and skoda's been rejected on the basis of this case and few others. I think we should email Skoda highlighting our displeasure and stating the fact that we will stay away from their cars.
I will do it right away.

@harish- i hope you are alright with this idea.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 14th May 2012 at 17:40.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 11:20   #1370
BHPian

Consumer forum update.

Nummer Eins advocate present.
JMD representative present.
Me present.

Skoda absent.
President of the forum absent.

Next date - 17th August 2012.
harishv is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 11:22   #1371
Senior - BHPian

This is a joke on face of Indian Public.
Are they not penalized for being absent?
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 12:04   #1372
BHPian

Angry Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Consumer forum update.

Me present.

Skoda absent.

This is atrocious. Can Skoda not be charged for contempt of court? Or is it that it is not applicable to a consumer court?
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 15:05   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is atrocious. Can Skoda not be charged for contempt of court? Or is it that it is not applicable to a consumer court?
Remember this is a civil case. There is no contempt of court. Any civil case will take this route and be assured when the settlement comes Skoda Laura's nth generation would be available.

Off court settlement is the only way to resolve such cases. The time and money spent chasing a civil case in India is completely not worth it.

Salute the patience of Harish knowing he is not going to get any justice at fast food pace.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 15:52   #1374
BHPian

From among European car makers, Skoda is one of the first entrants into India. They know the "Bribe" policy in India and the unethical business practices followed by their dealers. Marikar motors in Kerala, the authorized Skoda dealers has had umpteen number of complaints filed against them, but to no avail.

As Harish rightly pointed out, the only thing they are worried about in bad media publicity or police action of cognizable nature like when the dealer steals a part from the car. Skoda it seems has improved its After sale service for the past year or so, but for the service personnel "old habits die hard".

The consumer courts in India do not pass judgments with heavy fines unlike the American or European courts that charge hefty fines, and this small fine for a car maker is just small change. Among the consumers who have grievances, very few go to courts and hence they know that they only benefit by following such an attitude.

IF even one consumer court pass a single judgment with a hefty fine that is at least few times the value of the car, then and then only will car makers like Skoda feel the pinch. Then their service will improve overnight.
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 16:14   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Do you know one of the sponsors of the show is Skoda Auto. You may have noticed the Skoda cars used into the promotional song!
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 22:54   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Consumer forum update.

Me present.

Skoda absent.

Harish, I really admire your courage and tenacity, but honestly, I would like to know what keeps you going in the face of such odds. How do you manage to hang in there and keep being present in the courts on each successive date? What drives you Sir?

I really wish you get justice soon.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 00:25   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Forget the general population.

All it takes is concerted community action to highlight the issue - a simple letter sent via snail mail to Skoda under copy to a couple of publications and one or two channels. Do that and even the crooked press begins to take notice. That is all you need to start the momentum to stop this nonsense. Will that happen? No I don't think so.
Is there a way anybody can put the email addresses to which emails need to be sent (including that of news channels or newspapers)?

@Harish, Thanks a lot for fighting this out. I hope this one turns out like a textbook case; warning every other manufacturer who feed this country with sub-standard products and service.
k149in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 09:29   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

If I remember correctly this is an appeal case filed by Skoda against the original court order in favour of Harsih???

In that case - president of forum being present - the appeal can be thrown out if reasonable cause is made about Skoda (appellant) being repeatedly absent.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 15:32   #1379
Senior - BHPian

If an order can be given to Tata, why cannot Skoda be given a similar one? There should be a time limit specified for such cases and absentees should be penalised further monetarily for their absenteeism.
Basically. exemplary action is the need of the day

Tata Motors, dealer ordered to pay Rs 1.93 L to car customer - The Times of India
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 15:48   #1380
BHPian

Paying pittance of a Fine is something TATA or Skoda is happy to do.

Our courts, do not impose serious fines for such cheating by car makers. If at least one judicial order comes with a heft fine to the tune of 10 L and above, all these guys will sit up and take notice. Then and only then will they deliver correct service to the consumer...

Harish..please try to get this grievance aired on sathyameva Jayathe..I bet they wont air it..especially if Skoda is a sponsor...
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote