Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 15:58   #1381
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 529
Thanked: 309 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

This thread alone would have costed Skoda alot in sales and good PR. But I guess they are happy as they find lots of unsuspecting customers in India. But this is no way for a judiciary to function, where a common man has to bear the brunt while large organisations get away with anything.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 16:22   #1382
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
This thread alone would have costed Skoda alot in sales and good PR. But I guess they are happy as they find lots of unsuspecting customers in India. But this is no way for a judiciary to function, where a common man has to bear the brunt while large organisations get away with anything.
We are a rarity, you know.
people who actually read up on cars even when they have no intention of buying one, who will comment on passing vehicles before noticing the pretty girl driving it.
Rare as in we are quite obvious in how much we enjoy vehicles, that all our friends know us as car nuts.
Their friends are told that they have a friend who is a car nut, who pass it further on.
Those friends decide to buy a car once or twice, and then they realize that their friend is a friend of a friend who is a car nut.
See how far the chain goes?

And quite a few balmy nights i have been woken up with my friends' SMSs/Calls asking how is XXXXX car, someone I know wants to buy it.
(Usually the later the call or the sms is, the prettier the questioner asking my friend is, I have found...)

And I think I have eliminated skodas from the consideration set of about 300 people who were hellbent on getting a fabia/laura/superb/yeti, whatever.

So i think skoda should should take a look at how many people didnt even make it to their showroom because of someone like me who has sat 3 times,just 3, in a skoda, eons (whoops) ago, and has no grouse against the brand, except for this thread and its owner's frustration right here.
So, good going, skoda.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 14:11   #1383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Why not try the CNN IBN citizen Journalist show???
vikramv007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 16:13   #1384
BHPian
 
Turbo car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 128
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Vikram...Skoda management is yet to really understand the psyche of the Indian consumer. They even now think that our consumer courts are not as tough as the ones in Europe where a similar incidence would have really resulted in a tough and faster verdict with a stiff fine.

I think any team-BHP member would be wary in buying a Skoda product and that itself would have set skoda's sales figures a bit back. But they dont really care as they are able to reel in fresh meat every day, and until media really takes up the issue, Skoda will still continue to fleece consumers.

He can also contact Bloomberg UTV which hosts different programs for consumer protection. But Skoda is one of the biggest sponsors and hence media may not play fair...

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd July 2012 at 17:22. Reason: spell of wary was incorrect
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 17:10   #1385
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,697
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
And I think I have eliminated skodas from the consideration set of about 300 people who were hellbent on getting a fabia/laura/superb/yeti, whatever.
Fair enough, mayankk. But we still have bhpians owning Skodas. I do not intend to convince them otherwise.
But to be a bit blunt (no offence to Harish here) this entire circus keeps repeating itself. Harish will attend, some other person will be there, and two others will be absent. He will post a new date here, a few of us will rant about it and then forget till the cycle repeats itself.
I dont think its enough telling our acquaintances to stay away from Skoda. This not getting any justice to Harish, is it?
but then I dont know what else we can do. any suggestions?

Skoda/ VW have a very condescending attitude towards Indian customers and this shows when you speak to any of their European employees who travel here. Try finding one and speak to them. If they think you are a commoner, it is amazing what statements they can make.

They should be running scared of the rule of the land and that can happen only when some really exemplary action is taken. Maybe a few million dollars fine for some of their misdemeanours and they will come to their senses. Which I am sure would have happened if they did this in say, the US.

Last edited by selfdrive : 29th June 2012 at 17:14.
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:21   #1386
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 376
Thanked: 728 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Are they not penalized for being absent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Can Skoda not be charged for contempt of court?
Skoda not to be blamed here. President of the Forum is yet to be appointed. Post lying vacant since the last 9 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
They know the "Bribe" policy in India and the unethical business practices followed by their dealers.
The only thing they are worried about is bad media publicity.

IF even one consumer court pass a single judgment with a hefty fine that is at least few times the value of the car, then and then only will car makers like Skoda feel the pinch. Then their service will improve overnight.
Bingo. Right on target. Waiting for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
How do you manage to hang in there and keep being present in the courts on each successive date? What drives you Sir?
I guess I have on other choice but to see it to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I hope this one turns out like a textbook case; warning every other manufacturer who feed this country with sub-standard products and service.
I hope so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
If I remember correctly this is an appeal case filed by Skoda against the original court order in favour of Harsih???
No. This is the regular case. The appeal was filed in the State Forum. The order in my favour got a stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
There should be a time limit specified for such cases and absentees should be penalised further monetarily for their absenteeism.
What does one do when there is no Judge ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
If at least one judicial order comes with a heft fine to the tune of 10 L and above,
Alas. If wishes were horses........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
This thread alone would have costed Skoda alot in sales and good PR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
So i think skoda should should take a look at how many people didnt even make it to their showroom because of someone like me .....
Penny wise pound foolish. German or Czech ego I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
Why not try the CNN IBN citizen Journalist show???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
He can also contact Bloomberg UTV which hosts different programs for consumer protection.
Skoda would love to say - No comments. Matter is sub-judice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maybe a few million dollars fine for some of their misdemeanours and they will come to their senses.
Amen.
harishv is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:53   #1387
BHPian
 
Turbo car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 128
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Harish...Just an idea. Why don't you send a grievance letter to the High court chief justice of your state and supreme court chief justice stating all the facts including the fact that the president of the consumer forum has not been appointed ? Both the courts have powers to sou motto take up the case and that will make lot of people stand up and listen..After all "justice delayed is justice denied"...
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 17:41   #1388
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,782
Thanked: 3,009 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Harish...Just an idea. Why don't you send a grievance letter to the High court chief justice of your state and supreme court chief justice stating all the facts including the fact that the president of the consumer forum has not been appointed ? Both the courts have powers to sou motto take up the case and that will make lot of people stand up and listen..After all "justice delayed is justice denied"...
An aggrieved buyer of a 16 lakh luxury car in this country will not warrant an iota of attention from any high court, leave alone Supreme court. Do you have any idea of the amount of pending cases with courts in our country?

In the eyes of the court, the gravity of the case is so low that the high court will not even bat an eyelid if you write a grievance letter.

For us BHPians, our blood boils when we read about the unethical practices from the company and its dealers. But for the court this is one of many many many routine cases.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 22:42   #1389
BHPian
 
veyron-w16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
An aggrieved buyer of a 16 lakh luxury car in this country will not warrant an iota of attention from any high court, leave alone Supreme court. Do you have any idea of the amount of pending cases with courts in our country?

In the eyes of the court, the gravity of the case is so low that the high court will not even bat an eyelid if you write a grievance letter.

For us BHPians, our blood boils when we read about the unethical practices from the company and its dealers. But for the court this is one of many many many routine cases.
we all talk about high number of court cases, but more important point is to find out the reasons. Why justice is delayed and who are the people behind it and what are the reasons ?
veyron-w16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 23:04   #1390
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Traveller
Posts: 112
Thanked: 108 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Fair enough, mayankk. But we still have bhpians owning Skodas. I do not intend to convince them otherwise.
But to be a bit blunt (no offence to Harish here) this entire circus keeps repeating itself. Harish will attend, some other person will be there, and two others will be absent. He will post a new date here, a few of us will rant about it and then forget till the cycle repeats itself.
I dont think its enough telling our acquaintances to stay away from Skoda. This not getting any justice to Harish, is it?
but then I dont know what else we can do. any suggestions?

Skoda/ VW have a very condescending attitude towards Indian customers and this shows when you speak to any of their European employees who travel here. Try finding one and speak to them. If they think you are a commoner, it is amazing what statements they can make.

They should be running scared of the rule of the land and that can happen only when some really exemplary action is taken. Maybe a few million dollars fine for some of their misdemeanours and they will come to their senses. Which I am sure would have happened if they did this in say, the US.
my horrible experience with Nokia customer care made me email contact us at Nokia global website.

Few days later my phone was buzzing non stop by nokia support people offering assistance and every help.
Dear Harish,if you are looking for assistance then the global websites of parent company are also an option. The people who receive or communicate with are a different set with a different outlook, and priorities. Just a thought.
ritz3645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 09:19   #1391
BHPian
 
sarathlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 976
Thanked: 2,024 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Dear Harish,if you are looking for assistance then the global websites of parent company are also an option. The people who receive or communicate with are a different set with a different outlook, and priorities. Just a thought.
In the course of this thread, Harish has updated about his interaction with Skoda international and their relative positive approach etc. So this is also a path he had taken before taking this last and long step for justice.
sarathlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 09:22   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,160
Thanked: 3,755 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Dear Harish,if you are looking for assistance then the global websites of parent company are also an option. The people who receive or communicate with are a different set with a different outlook, and priorities. Just a thought.
I think he has already done that. Skoda service has a terrible reputation in Germany as well.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 12:17   #1393
BHPian
 
Turbo car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 128
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
An aggrieved buyer of a 16 lakh luxury car in this country will not warrant an iota of attention from any high court, leave alone Supreme court. Do you have any idea of the amount of pending cases with courts in our country?

In the eyes of the court, the gravity of the case is so low that the high court will not even bat an eyelid if you write a grievance letter.

For us BHPians, our blood boils when we read about the unethical practices from the company and its dealers. But for the court this is one of many many many routine cases.
Satoshbhat...See, high courts have suo motto taken matters to its own hand IF the Judge feels that this is not an isolated case, but the problem is common for lot of consumers of a particular brand or product.

Its still not a crime in the country to buy a premium product. Hence IF Harish can bring the matter to the attention of the high court by clubbing his issue with others who are facing the same problem , then the court will take heed of the same as the matter become the issue of the largess than an individual who has bought a fancy car.

And there are many here in Team BHP who has faced issue of similar sort with Skoda. This is not a costly legal procedure but has been proven very effective as the crime committed by Skoda in this case is "theft" and not just denial of service to a consumer and hence goes outside the scope of average consumer court.
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 12:21   #1394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 376
Thanked: 728 Times
Default

Update

President of the forum still missing ( it is one year since the previous President retired )
Skoda absent
Nummer Eins present
JMD present
Me present

Next date - 17th October

Since this issue drags on monotonously I guess I will make this my last boring update till there is something concrete to mention.

Cheers.
harishv is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 12:42   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,214 Times
Default Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Oh dear, it looks as if there may never be a resolution.
Quote:
I guess I will make this my last boring update till there is something concrete to mention.
Request that you continue to post even the non-happening updates. Each and every one is part of the story, and serves to keep us informed that the matter is still ongoing
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Consumer court and Veterinary doctor negligence, what are the options tsk1979 Shifting gears 35 14th September 2010 19:31
Banglorean wins consumer court case against Concorde motors GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 3 12th July 2010 21:27
Consumer case process in Bangalore (against maruti), and expected results? GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 18 8th June 2009 15:38
Need help in going to consumer court (EDIT: Axis Bank car loan) ashwin390 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 18 6th February 2009 15:18
Low FE : Can you go to consumer court? venkatrx The Indian Car Scene 1 22nd April 2006 15:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks