Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th May 2005, 18:00   #46
BANNED

Well GTO i agree we have not driven the car but then who has not driven an esteem and the engine seems to be similar, also ACI report on the car but with a different engine reasures its safe and NCAP test also confirms safety hence making me and veyron thinking of rallying it.. hehe.. but i agree it will take time..
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 01:49   #47
BHPian

Well looks like Maruti has another winner on their hands and the car seems like it will take the market with a bang. Its been really long since they launched something really fresh and they seem to have got it right this time, by launching a new model. I personally cant wait to see the swift on the roads as it is sure to become the next hot hatch.
CLS_55_AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 10:31   #48
BHPian

Anyone has got the pricing details for Swift in Bangalore? Anyone one of you in Bangalore have booked the car already?
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 11:55   #49
BHPian

Not sure about bangalore, Sai Service Pune told me that LXI version would go for approx 4.9L on road (including all taxes)
pingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 17:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective
Anyone has got the pricing details for Swift in Bangalore? Anyone one of you in Bangalore have booked the car already?
No idea about the pricing except speculation. Bimal auto has started accepting bookings, but they too have no idea about the car or it's pricing. They've already got about 40 bookings i heard.
Some guys at RNS motors told me that the one vehicle had been brought down for display purposes, and is housed in thier godown.

Bangalore is a city where people buy Rs. 50L aptmnts before the builder has bought the land. You'd expect a couple of thousand to put down the money for a car, without driving or even seeing it.

Lemming complex mostly i believe.
hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 18:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

bookings opened in hyd too.
the jubliee hills varun motors has a big banner outside stating "bookings open for swift"
apparently he got abt 10 bookings on the first day itself.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 21:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen the SWIFT ads on tv?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 22:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
Has anyone seen the SWIFT ads on tv?
I don't see the point behind creating so much suspense in the ad. Especially when the website reveals an awful lot. I guess the internet penetration in India still leaves much to be desired.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 11:54   #54

you've got it bang on...ported head...the internet penetration is so low in India that a very miniscule percentage of the car owning (or planning to own) population must've seen the website....so generating a li'l bit of hype through teasers (like 12 o clock...your life's going to change...maruti swift...coming soon) is the right approach according to me...though i'm eager to see the entire commercial...
starumpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 17:43   #55
BHPian

i am a being a bit off topic here, but i think it is the correct place.........

will swift, with its kerb of 1000+, able to deliver the FE the average indian needs....??

and i also doubt its peppyness... because the uk reviews on the 91 bhp model clearly say that the feel is not very gud......
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 21:47   #56
BHPian

I saw a sticker on a Maruti Versa... My next car is Swift.

1. Didn't Getz had similar stickers put up on all santros around?
2. Althoug Maruti has managed to copy a leaf from Hyundai's marketing book, I really wonder how could Swift be the next car of a Maruti Versa owner? (Unless its a second car.) I guess Maruti should be careful in this regard given the range of cars they have on Indian roads. The last thing I want to see is Baleno sporting this sticker..my next car...
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 21:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i ihave seen numerous Santros. Accents and even a Huyndai sonata having that 'My next car - Getz"..
What happens is that everytime a Hyundai goes for servicing in certain showrooms they stick up the sticker..
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 22:15   #58
BHPian

Saw a blue car on 18th night on Eastern Express highway near Vikroli Bhandup strech, looked like a Swift , though not very sure as could catch a short glimps as it went pass with good speed... Has anyone got a chance to see it anywhere ??
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 22:58   #59
BANNED

[/quote] Has anyone got a chance to see it anywhere ?? [/quote]
Saw an Orange swift some time back parked at Center One Vashi.

i also doubt its peppyness... because the uk reviews on the 91 bhp model clearly say that the feel is not very gud......[quote]

Keep your fingers crossed..
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 10:09   #60
BHPian

What about swift launch?I read that it is going to be on 19th i.e today.
abhi1881 is online now   Reply With Quote