Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2009, 17:34   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
What's with all the diesel madness. As an Italian company, Fiat should feel obliged to provide us with powerful, high revving petrol engines in both of its new cars. I believe that they have a very nice turbocharged 1.4 engine for the Punto in Europe. Bring it to us!
Yep the 1.4 16 V T-Jet petrol is a great option too (120 HP)- Fiat has launched all of these in Turkey, China & other countries - Why leave out India with those options

But surprisingly if you look at the engine options in linea worldwide (- Fiat Linea -) no where will you find a 1.6MJD. Aslo i read in one of the team BHP posts about the FIAT MD commenting on no MJD soon. So what is in the cards. Is it the Petrol T-JET or the 1.6MJD ??
Old 19th September 2009, 02:02   #152
BHPian

I had spoken with Aashish Bhardwaj, Product Manager, Linea ~ July 15th 2009.
I was considering the Linea MJD 1248cc, and specifically asked him about the 1.6L MJD, as i was absolutely ready to wait for that or not buy the current version at all and he responded very emphatically that there are no plans to release the 1.6MJD, as currently there are no plans for the same and from the date of arriving at a decision, it would take ~ 12 months at a minimum to bring it out.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:06   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
why don't you please ask him about how fiat is going to handle in in-house competition from the indigo vista.
Old 19th September 2009, 10:40   #154
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that Fiat is offering the same interior quality in India as they do in EU. The first picture is of my Punto and the second of the Punto evo. See the plastics surrounding the ignition slot.

Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 5076
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  FiatPuntoEVO14.jpg
Views: 14808
Size:  50.6 KB
Old 19th September 2009, 10:41   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
why don't you please ask him about how fiat is going to handle in in-house competition from the indigo vista.
Yes, I've been wondering about this too especially after reading Sidindica's scoop on the Indigo Vista and its features.

I've read somewhere that a Indica Vista Ignis is also planned, so in-house competition to the Grande Punto too.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:49   #156
BHPian

I visited concorde motors, chennai yesterday to get details about linea. When i tried asking about 1.6 mjd to sivakumar (sales exec) he told me that it will take 8-10 months and it will be approx 1 lac costlier. Another info he gave me was that 1.6 mjd might be available only in emotion and emotion+ variants.
Dono how credible these info or was it just to make me buy 1.3 mjd sooner?
Old 20th September 2009, 03:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
I visited concorde motors, chennai yesterday to get details about linea. When i tried asking about 1.6 mjd to sivakumar (sales exec) he told me that it will take 8-10 months and it will be approx 1 lac costlier. Another info he gave me was that 1.6 mjd might be available only in emotion and emotion+ variants.
Dono how credible these info or was it just to make me buy 1.3 mjd sooner?

no i think he might be correct too! it is quite obvious fact that the top end version of a model are more powerful and have more features than than base verion. powerful car + plus more feautes = higher price. looks justified to me!
Old 20th September 2009, 07:56   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
no i think he might be correct too! it is quite obvious fact that the top end version of a model are more powerful and have more features than than base verion. powerful car + plus more feautes = higher price. looks justified to me!
Yea am inclined to agree with Caramelo on this. Myself & my B.I.Law went to Concorde in Bangalore for a Linea test drive and the exec had a similar statement to make - It would probably be launched only in higher variety (ie) 1.6 may not have the low end options - guess they want to save the market for 1.3 too and not disappoint the existing owners all togather. Atleast the exec dint say 8 - 10 months. He just mentioned, it would be soon (though not how soon ) ... Sadly it looks like only us, the fiat lovers & those in the anvil of booking a car seem to be so eager for the 1.MJD. I hope the bosses at fiat hear this & come out with the 1.6MJD soon least they loose some possible customers to the likes of an fiesta or a honda (that is people who are not specific between a petrol / diesel).

To quote my wife : It took me 2 months to say i wanted to get married to her, 3 months to decide on the furnishings of the houst but it has been like 6 months & am still deciding on the "second" car !!! All thanks to the 1.6MJD story.
I kept telling her we need to wait for the facelifted city & now that is released am finding it hard to give reasons for further wait
Old 20th September 2009, 08:41   #159
BHPian

Sales people will try to make a cut asap by pushing 1.3 that is available on the present day. Of all the people, they would be least bothered about 1.6 rumoured to be 3 months away. They might not even be working in the same showroom three months later!!! I would say wait for a while.
Old 20th September 2009, 09:07   #160
BHPian

The current line up is adequate for 90% of the target customers, the new petrol and diesel will only meet the aspirations of few (wanted to Ferrari link). More the merrier

I think Fiat has to put these new options ~1lakh more to current top end prices. Who knows - the Lines 1.3 and 1.4 will look more VFM after the new line-up launch?
Old 20th September 2009, 10:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
I was considering the Linea MJD 1248cc, and specifically asked him about the 1.6L MJD, as i was absolutely ready to wait for that or not buy the current version at all and he responded very emphatically that there are no plans to release the 1.6MJD, as currently there are no plans for the same and from the date of arriving at a decision, it would take ~ 12 months at a minimum to bring it out.
Heard rumours that no plans for 1.6 MJD but plans for 1.4 Tjet in the first quarter of 2010.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:21   #162
BHPian

Guys , this is some good news !! Is there any concrete news about the 1.4 T-jet? I'm about to book the Aveo. I'm prepared to wait it out till Feb? Please give out all news guys!!!
Old 21st September 2009, 11:18   #163
BHPian

Totally agree with you..1.4 turbocharged punto would be a dream..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
What's with all the diesel madness. As an Italian company, Fiat should feel obliged to provide us with powerful, high revving petrol engines in both of its new cars. I believe that they have a very nice turbocharged 1.4 engine for the Punto in Europe. Bring it to us!
Old 24th September 2009, 14:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Yea am inclined to agree with Caramelo on this. Myself & my B.I.Law went to Concorde in Bangalore for a Linea test drive and the exec had a similar statement to make - It would probably be launched only in higher variety (ie) 1.6 may not have the low end options - guess they want to save the market for 1.3 too and not disappoint the existing owners all togather. Atleast the exec dint say 8 - 10 months. He just mentioned, it would be soon (though not how soon ) ... Sadly it looks like only us, the fiat lovers & those in the anvil of booking a car seem to be so eager for the 1.MJD. I hope the bosses at fiat hear this & come out with the 1.6MJD soon least they loose some possible customers to the likes of an fiesta or a honda (that is people who are not specific between a petrol / diesel).

To quote my wife : It took me 2 months to say i wanted to get married to her, 3 months to decide on the furnishings of the houst but it has been like 6 months & am still deciding on the "second" car !!! All thanks to the 1.6MJD story.
I kept telling her we need to wait for the facelifted city & now that is released am finding it hard to give reasons for further wait

Dont wait for 1.6 MJD buddy. I am driving the 1.3 from 2nd feb 2009 and am completly satisfied with the pickup and the so called sluggishness. Rest its upto you.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:55   #165
HKS
BHPian

1.3 is good but 1.6 will kill all its competition.

I'm happy with the Linea's build and quality, better than Japanese thin metal boxes which dent and break easily.

Once a Fiat, always a Fiat.
Closed Thread