Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th March 2009, 00:36   #76

Yes the choice does boil down to prestige, but as far as today's younger buyer is concerned [18-30] practicality and the wallet are the main deciding factors.

As far as I have noticed, among my group of friends, extended network etc, people consider the advantages of each option and judge the car based on practicality and efficiency more than anything these days. A few months back a friend of mine from college left his civic at home and switched to a diesel swift. His explanation for moving to a car half the price of his previous, and a Maruti from a Honda to boot.

"Dude the fuel bills were piling up! Didn't want to waste my allowance on oil. Plus you can park her anywhere!!!"

And this was the response of a little rich kid to boot. I for one think that India is changing by leaps and bounds.
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote