Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3037 99.35%
NO 20 0.65%
Voters: 3057. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd June 2009, 14:34   #1891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Frankly, much though I wish it was I doubt it. Mr Bogun has been moved as a CFO to a VW plant.

Cheers,
You do not shoot a guy, you just shift him. Could be a routine move, or could be to get a new person into place to try and resolve pending issues. Only time will tell. Let us hope it is the latter.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:48   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
...... to get a new person into place to try and resolve pending issues. Only time will tell. Let us hope it is the latter.
Who wants to deal with an ossified company that takes a millennium to effect changes?!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:18   #1893
Senior - BHPian

He's a finance guy. The head of after sales should have been shifted out if they are serious about bringing about a change.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:23   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i feel very proud too hear that . thank god tatas have raised their TASS levels. come on skoda, beat all this and come on tracks soon. Get well soon.
With about four months experience with Tata, I feel they are no longer what they used to be heard about. In fact, the dealer/TASC takes every care that we don't give any negative feedback. I wonder why Tata is being compared with Skoda.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 00:52   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
i just peeped in your garage.

Pete's tuning box huh?! how long has it been and any complaints?
It has been there since March 2009. Smoke was an issue but it was mitigated by fitting Green Cotton filter (stock replacement).

Well, my only complaint (if one can call it that ) is the wheel spin 'in gear'! Seriously, I need to get upsized tyres maybe 225/55 R16. The grunt is unbelievable and leaves many cars behind - drivers mouth agape. On 2 June, I left Hyderabad around 7.45 and drove to Vijayawada to reach here by 12.30 after 3 halts. The car hits speeds of 120 to 140 in no time at all. The Pete's box is a great help while overtaking.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:12   #1896
BHPian

I think this is also a dealership problem, quoting from my own experience. I faced the same at Shaman, everytime I went to them when the car was under warranty, they tried their best to repair or just brush the problem off as non existent, and wonders of wonders - once the car was out of warranty - the same problem will have a solution where in a huge list of parts were to be replaced.

At the same time, I also tried a dealership by name of Fortpoint in thane. This was the most courteous dealership of Fiat that I had seen in a long tim and I guess a lot of this credit goes to the guy who was managing the show. He used to tell me, if the car is under warranty, please do not even think of repairing it, Fiat is supposed to replace it, and we will replace it. and once the car went out of warranty, he used to try his best to get the stuff repaired.

I also think that this is not only a dealership issue, I am sure in this case there is involvement of the manufacturer "Fiat" in this case penalizing the dealership for free replacements... The proof of the pudding is that while Fortpoint has lost its dealership.. Shaman is the number one dealer for Fiat... I have also seen cases in shaman - infact in my own service, when one part was broken, and the car was under warranty, and I made a hue and cry about the same... the service guy coolly went to another car, and pulled out the part and replaced mine with it.

I agree that we should set up some definite standards.. but who can do it and how can that be monitored and enforced is the question.........
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:31   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
It has been there since March 2009. Smoke was an issue but it was mitigated by fitting Green Cotton filter (stock replacement).

Well, my only complaint (if one can call it that ) is the wheel spin 'in gear'! Seriously, I need to get upsized tyres maybe 225/55 R16. The grunt is unbelievable and leaves many cars behind - drivers mouth agape. On 2 June, I left Hyderabad around 7.45 and drove to Vijayawada to reach here by 12.30 after 3 halts. The car hits speeds of 120 to 140 in no time at all. The Pete's box is a great help while overtaking.

Cheers,

wow! Only seen advertisements in magazines about it but have not run into anyone using it.

Its amazing if those changes can be brought about in the Laura.

How much has your FE dropped?
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:38   #1898
BHPian

True. It seriously depends on the company & the dealerships as a whole.

'Skoda Auto'! What is the case here? Is it the company penalizing the dealerships which has ignited this whole custom of bad/do not care A.S.S. (or) the dealerships taking advantage of the brand to make more money?

If it is the latter, then it is seriously a coincidence that Skoda took the hit! It could be seriously any car brand that could have ended up with this service to customers.

What do you say?
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:25   #1899
BHPian

\
Actually, i am looking to buy a used Skoda Octavia. Presently offers are between 4.5 l to 5 L so this makes me think that it is a nice offer to go with.

The main thing i have seen is that Skoda *** rob their customers, so in oroder to tackle this problem i have decided to get the car seriviced from some local garages here in chandigarh.

So, other than service problems is there any other porblem with this car?

and also as of the spare parts?
I have heard that most of the electicals are from BOSCH... which i think sells the parts much cheaper as compared to what Skoda sells them. so as of the electrical things i think i can get them from BOSCH and then get it fixed from some local mechanic. Other than Electical, do someone have any suggestion about the mechanical parts, like from where i can get the mechanical parts in Chandigarh? Are they available in markets locally?

Please suggest me asap.
(also correct me where i'm wrong).
GoodDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:45   #1900
Distinguished - BHPian

@GoodDevil: There may be some independents in Chandigarh who specialize in high end cars. These chaps have access to documentation, and spares, as well as engine analysers and misc electronic gizmo's required for modern cars. If so then you are Ok, otherwise watch out.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:53   #1901
Senior - BHPian

obsessed with service?
Attached Images

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:15   #1902
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
obsessed with service?
hope they don't replace original brake discs and wiper blades with fake ones under the garb of this pre-monsoon check-up

On a more positive note this is a good step in the right direction, if the dealers don't screw around
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:24   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Excuse my lack of knowledge but I have a question. Just running a scan & removing the error code does not do away with the real problem/cause. Does it ?
I always thought that the scan is just a diagnostic tool to find the symptom which then has to be resolved by repair or replacement or programming etc.
SO if they charge 300+ just to run a scan and hit the delete button for the error, isnt that daylight robbery ?

Sir I put this down as a positive feedback - in the light of Skoda's pathetic A.S.S. image (which I think is true)

My car only had a sensor loose, they just refixed that....I DO NOT think that to be dylight robbery.

Try owning a BMW, Audi, Merc..and you'll know the meaning of "daylight robbery" read maintence cost..

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:51   #1904
Senior - BHPian

but an octavia is just another a 13~15L car, not a 3 or a C. It's just a cheap jetta.
Tata does it free for jay's 12L ride.

My, what a difference 1L and a snobby brand makes to people's perceptions!

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd June 2009 at 23:03.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 00:56   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Sir I put this down as a positive feedback - in the light of Skoda's pathetic A.S.S. image (which I think is true)

My car only had a sensor loose, they just refixed that....I DO NOT think that to be dylight robbery.

Try owning a BMW, Audi, Merc..and you'll know the meaning of "daylight robbery" read maintence cost..

Cheers
I am not agree with the statement.

Ricky, you should compare the *** & spare cost of Octy vs Civic & Altis, not the C / 3 etc.

Still Skoda *** is as high as C / 3.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote