Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3037 99.35%
NO 20 0.65%
Voters: 3057. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 14:19   #2176
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,848
Thanked: 7,257 Times
Default

I think Skoda did a PR excercise, meeting with T-BHP team, then ticked it off the list and forgot about it :(
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 21:52   #2177
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,894
Thanked: 1,139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
totally misunderstood, VW came & changed skoda completely, skoda are respected all over the globe even in UK, they have octavia RS as the police cars there btw VW is the biggest car group now, they just bought porsche
I have seen plenty of diesel Octys as taxis, very few as pvt cars and certainly no RS cop car. And I have lived and travelled quite a bit in southern and south western UK for months on end. And no, I dont see anyone going gooey eyed at the sight or mention of a Skoda (for Pete's sake!).

This brand would have my respect if it treated it's customers the way customers are meant to be treated...with honesty, professional ethics and most importantly with respect, none of which are forthcoming from Skoda at least in this country.

If I had to buy a 'German' car from the VAG stable...it would be a VW/Audi.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 23:06   #2178
Newbie
 
clonedintellige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I see where the problem is. For these automakers India is a "third world country". And for them its not about customer experience. Its about selling a few thousand cars to augment their global sales numbers. Besides, we are not known to take action (as in suing). And before I'm misunderstood, let me clarify, I am not counting this. I am speaking of Indians in the general sense. Which is why this stand that members of T-BHP have taken is commendable. Consider this, A woman (or was it a man?) in US sued Starbucks because he/she burnt their mouth for sipping hot coffee, and still gets damages awarded to them, despite it being a simple case of lack of common sense or carelessness on part of the person. Not only that, Starbucks was instructed to print a warning on the cups about the beverage being hot !! A lot of us, if not most, will find it to ridiculous. But the fact remains, anywhere else in the western world, people sue for things that most of us would just laugh at and brush it aside. Is it our " sab chalta hai" attitude? I don't know. But I will still underscore the bold and smart move in our members wanting to take this to its logical conclusion. Its truly commendable and should be whole heartedly supported. Now only, if we as a whole nation wake up to this power that is accorded to us and make legitimate use of it, some of these issues would get resolved in half the time it takes to fight it out in Court of Law.
clonedintellige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 12:50   #2179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 376
Thanked: 728 Times
Default Why is Skoda so bold and careless ?

It took 6 years to be awarded Rs.13,000.

However, justice prevailed

Hotel ordered to pay Rs 13K for flop show, News - City - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:24   #2180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
It took 6 years to be awarded Rs.13,000.

However, justice prevailed

Hotel ordered to pay Rs 13K for flop show, News - City - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror
As it will in your case as well!
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:36   #2181
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 785
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedintellige View Post
I see where the problem is. For these automakers India is a "third world country". And for them its not about customer experience. Its about selling a few thousand cars to augment their global sales numbers. Besides, we are not known to take action (as in suing). And before I'm misunderstood, let me clarify, I am not counting this. I am speaking of Indians in the general sense. Which is why this stand that members of T-BHP have taken is commendable. Consider this, A woman (or was it a man?) in US sued Starbucks because he/she burnt their mouth for sipping hot coffee, and still gets damages awarded to them, despite it being a simple case of lack of common sense or carelessness on part of the person. Not only that, Starbucks was instructed to print a warning on the cups about the beverage being hot !! A lot of us, if not most, will find it to ridiculous. But the fact remains, anywhere else in the western world, people sue for things that most of us would just laugh at and brush it aside. Is it our " sab chalta hai" attitude? I don't know. But I will still underscore the bold and smart move in our members wanting to take this to its logical conclusion. Its truly commendable and should be whole heartedly supported. Now only, if we as a whole nation wake up to this power that is accorded to us and make legitimate use of it, some of these issues would get resolved in half the time it takes to fight it out in Court of Law.
+1 to that. Its the ''SAB CHALTA HAI ATTITUDE'' which needs to be changed.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:43   #2182
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I have seen plenty of diesel Octys as taxis, very few as pvt cars and certainly no RS cop car. And I have lived and travelled quite a bit in southern and south western UK for months on end. And no, I dont see anyone going gooey eyed at the sight or mention of a Skoda (for Pete's sake!).

This brand would have my respect if it treated it's customers the way customers are meant to be treated...with honesty, professional ethics and most importantly with respect, none of which are forthcoming from Skoda at least in this country.

If I had to buy a 'German' car from the VAG stable...it would be a VW/Audi.

Cheers!
i agree with you, there are alot of diseal octavia taxis, which is because they are considered very reliable atleast in UK have you been to london? there are many octavia RS police cars there, over here its a different story, expect the SAME kind of service for any european cars here in india, if you want flawless service you should buy a jap/korean car over here..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 16:06   #2183
Newbie
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere of nowhere
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am not sure as i was in the uk long ago but in London they were using the vauxhall as cop car... so have they changed their ride???
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 16:12   #2184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 344
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

There are a lot of taxis in Barcelona that are skoda ocatvias.

clonedintellige> That was McDonalds sued by a women for the burning coffee.
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 09:37   #2185
Newbie
 
clonedintellige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

@ riteshritesh: Thank You, I stand corrected. Was not sure about which company it was. But I vividly remembered the incident.
clonedintellige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 13:10   #2186
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

This is something that my brother told me today while we were in our home during Shradh offering today:

His boss and friend was the 14th Skoda Octavia owner in Delhi when he bought it in 2001 perhaps. If I recollect from sometime back, he had an Ambiente. After sometime, his car wheelcap fell off. Took it to Silvertone Motors in Delhi (perhaps the only dealer in Delhi at that time or whatever). Now what they did: took off the wheelcap of another car and put it on my brother's boss car!!!

That and being tired of its huge servicing costs (my brother told me around 20K per visit) he sold the Octavia in 2006, and became one of the first customers of the 2007 Accord (the one that came before the present and lasted for around 1 year). The experience here: leather seat got torn. Took it to South End Honda. My brother tells me those Accord's seats were expensive at around 1 lakh (heating, cooling gizmos, etc). South End Honda put in new seats for the entire cabin at no cost.

My brother's boss now has an Accord and Endeavour.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:54   #2187
BHPian
 
sajanpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 48
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Another month passed by...

Any updates on the whole situation ?

...............I hope another year does not pass by before we hear something
sajanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 18:13   #2188
BHPian
 
mmmjgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BOM, PNQ, DXB
Posts: 398
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Took a TD of a Laura during a recent trip to Jaipur, fell in love with it.

Came back home and checked team-bhp.com, now need to scrap the Laura.

Most prolly wait for the Diesel corolla or get a cruze.

Skoda has one of the best cars available in India, but at a cost which no one can bear to
waste. (time/effort/money and loss of self respect)
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 19:45   #2189
BHPian
 
nipunkul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 119
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Skoda came last in this year's JD Power dealership satisfaction survey. India's top auto brands in dealer service satisfaction-ET Slide Shows-Features-The Economic Times

Lets see what their PR does to tide this! If they don't make quick decisions for improved service quality, no amount of discounts will save them in India. Pity to see such great cars as the Laura 1.8 and Superb suffering in the market due to crook dealers.
nipunkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 21:03   #2190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 541
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

^^
Good find buddy. + 1 to your note.

But Honda at # 2 (better than Toyota) and Hyundai at like # 8 ?
Something is amiss here !
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
My experience with Truth- Its a 1943 Willys PAVAN KADAM 4x4 Vehicles 75 5th April 2010 12:55
What does these names stands for toyota Shifting gears 37 5th April 2009 04:38
The new BHP-ian stands up! eflanker Introduce yourself 5 30th July 2007 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:50.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks