Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Car or the Engine?
Great Car but underpowered engine 46 38.66%
Great Engine but not a deserving car 73 61.34%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st April 2009, 14:24   #61
BHPian

Heart Says:- You Always need more power, power & only power but

Mind Says:- You should always have a car which is equally good in all aspect.

If the choice is personal, than Heart will win and If the choice is as per family than the Mind wins
S_budhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 15:55   #62
BHPian

Selected first...have tried both sides of the poll.

Sometimes when you just want to enjoy the ride and power, but most of the time when we drive in city or with family, would select the first one.

I feel we have exclusion list as well e.g. Ford Fiesta 1.6 which is a true combination. I cant think of any other car which has all the characteristics of a racer and an executive (Self Driven).

Swift ZXi would also come close to the combination of both the sides.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 16:24   #63
BHPian

its virtually a poll on Linea Vs. Verna Diesel

I chose the linea in this case, though I drive a Fiesta Sport, atleast I had the option of getting both well almost.

I wouldn't pick the Verna unless I'm convinced by driving it long enough for it make an impression on me that its safe. Yeah it would be great if we can mix swap verna's engine with linea.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 19:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Firebird;1270302
I feel we have exclusion list as well e.g. Ford Fiesta 1.6 which is a true combination. I cant think of any other car which has all the characteristics of a racer and an executive (Self Driven).

Swift ZXi would also come close to the combination of both the sides.[/QUOTE]

And what about Octy vRS, OHC-Vtec, Baleno, Lancer Invex? All of these have an engine as good as or better than Fiesta, not to mention that they are very well a match for the that 'executive' feeling as well.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

One more such car, which had a stonker of an engine but was average at everything else was Toyota Corolla (pre-altis).
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:31   #66
BHPian

I have always been a muscle sort of person, who needs handling when you can set off the next guys security system by revving your throttle?
Let us not forget an old saying by a very wise man: "You can never have too much horsepower"
teknophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Though I selected Great Engine (my feel), overall ride comfort plays an important role when it comes to a family car rather than a personal car.

My primary drive is on a 2004 Palio 1.2 Sport and it never let me down (not sure whether u rate it in catagory 1 or 2) and I feel its was a right choice for me as a personal car and now my family car (all in family loves to ride on it). Other guys in my stable are an Alto 1.1(catagory 2) and the Accent CRDi (i feel its bit biased to catagory 2).

Last edited by jacs : 22nd April 2009 at 10:05.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote