Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2005, 17:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

wow.. 5.37 exs for a 100bhp monster seems a great deal...congrats dude
Old 21st May 2005, 17:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good price - should be less than 6 on the road?

Does it look diff from the current version too?
Old 21st May 2005, 18:06   #33
BHPian

Far less that 6L. Its setting me back by about 5.58L after dealer discounts.

And yes, it does look better than the 2004 version (primarily because of the rear spoiler and the sporty alloys). Also, I think they have discontinued a few colors in the '05 version; so better range is being offered to car enthusiasts.

Last edited by camry93 : 21st May 2005 at 18:08.
Old 21st May 2005, 18:28   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Merged both new Petra threads.

GTO
Old 21st May 2005, 22:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

When I bought Petra 3 months back, most including myself thought it can not get any better than this. But little did I know that it really can, that too so soon! For just Rs 30,000/- extra, I am getting tons of extra features like Alloys, electronic mirrors, body color mirrors, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel and others. Wish, I had waited 3 more months

@camry, if you think silver and gray are great, make sure you check out Black before deciding color. I'll not be surprised if you fall for it. If you are buying in Pune, I would highly recommend Ashwmegh motors to you. Contact Shirkant Nikam. Jay-vijay is good too, but after lot of thought, I decided to buy from Ashwamegh. Send me pm if you need details or want to talk.
Old 21st May 2005, 23:02   #36
BHPian

Hey RX!

I did consider the Thunder Black that they offer on the Petra menu. Then I thought of all the dug up roads in Pune and the resulting dust. Black also has poor visibility on mean, dark Indian highways. So settled for the next best option (Moon mist gray).

Yeah, visited Ashwamegh. But the salesman there was hell bent on selling me the Euro II version. I guess he wanted to offload all his Euro 2 stock from the racks. Jay-Vijay personnel proved to be very good and knowledgeable. Also, Jay Vijay has been around longer (1933, he said) and they have been servicing Fiats since forever (also Peugeot, I might add). I don't think I'll have reason to visit him often (touchwood) so I'll live by my decision.

Go Petra, go!
Old 21st May 2005, 23:49   #37

Hi Camry93,

Please don't get offended, I just don't want to rain on your parade but as a fellow teambhpian I think you should have checked feedbacks on this car maker. If you haven't signed on the dotted line, still it is time to think. Please.

No doubt Petra is a solid good product but the cat maker isn't. Just read PS replacement episode narrated by Rishi on this forum. What is the use of a nice looking car parked in your drive way and waiting endless for a spare part to fix it?

Car is just not a product but an experience, a package of which after sales support is a major component.

Don't get carried away just because a product is available at a discounted price or comes with some flashy colors and some neat goodies thrown in.

FIAT is in bad shape and assuming the talks about its restructuring plans etc are true, still it will take couple of years to show some convincing results.

There are some better products available than Petra, which may cost you a little bit extra but you'll be getting peace of mind in return , which I feel far more important that a color which eventually fade away in some six months or so.

Last edited by javedbhaimumbai : 22nd May 2005 at 00:01. Reason: typo
Old 21st May 2005, 23:57   #38
BHPian

A-ha! here we go again!

I have absolutely no comments. This subject has collectively been beaten to pulp by now. Aint gonna get more juice by putting it through the mill again.
Old 22nd May 2005, 00:05   #39

Good. One can take hourse to the water....

Anyway it is your money ... all the best.
Old 22nd May 2005, 00:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Rishi stayed in Mumbai and simply visited the wrong dealer.
He says he liked the car but was unhappy with the dealer.
Even when i had called up the specific dealer, he irritated me.
Dealers in Mumbai that are good are Anuroop, Angad, Shaman.
Not Fortpoint.
See Amits and Sahils reviews.
Also i have had an Uno, siena and now a Palio and am in love with the car.
The Palio is a 1.6 and i just love.
In Pune, Moral and Rx are Ashwamegh customers and are happy.
I do not kjnow about Jay-Vijay.
Hell even Sah an Sanghi of Maruti are notorious dealers but that has not stopped ,me from buying a Maruti from some other dealer.
Maybe Rishi would have been Happy if he went to another dealer.
In the case of Samurai where he bought a Baleno because Fiat's only dealer in Banglore was notorious is understandable but when you have choice use it.

Last edited by lamborghini : 22nd May 2005 at 00:37.
Old 22nd May 2005, 03:05   #41
SMG
BHPian

Hi Camry93,

Good choice , you got a killer deal man, congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
A-ha! here we go again!

I have absolutely no comments. This subject has collectively been beaten to pulp by now. Aint gonna get more juice by putting it through the mill again.
Well said, there is nothing left to add in that topic.

After all this is going to be your car and the car that's right for you is the one that fits your needs and your budget -- and feels right.

Javedbhaimumbai:

One can go bonkers trying to analytically figure out which car to buy. As a matter of fact, if you try hard enough, you can probably make a good argument for buying almost any car. So don't over-analyze this. Simply take into account all of the things that you've learned so far, then find a quiet place and a quiet time and let your intuition be your guide.

Last edited by SMG : 22nd May 2005 at 03:09.
Old 22nd May 2005, 11:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Also i have had an Uno, siena and now a Palio and am in love with the car.
Lambo
I thought you agreed sometime back that all the family cars will not be referred to as 'mine'....
Old 22nd May 2005, 14:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Buddy it takes time.
Besides with all the effort I spend every month Polishing it and making sure it is maintained i like to be called co-owner so by mistake i call it mine too.
Old 24th May 2005, 08:49   #44
BHPian

@manishk - I'm getting a hefty 25k discount on my Petra ELX PS. I'm paying 5.58 net in Pune. I think its definitely worth it.

-Optimistically yours.
Old 24th May 2005, 08:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
@manishk - I'm getting a hefty 25k discount on my Petra ELX PS. I'm paying 5.58 net in Pune. I think its definitely worth it.

-Optimistically yours.
Definitely worth it dude. Congrats .. and I am feeling JEALOUS.

LOL

EDIT: I forgot to add. Please post the pics. Please.
Closed Thread