Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2005, 11:03   #91
BHPian

Simply awesome. The car looks great as usual. If I shift from Bangalore, my next car has to be Petra 1.6 ELX
Old 30th May 2005, 12:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

How about some interior pics? That is where it is mostly different from EL model.
Old 30th May 2005, 12:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Thanks Nitin. Any idea about the JVC players?
TypeO, I did see a JVC mp3 changer with RF but went in for the Sony as I know Sony ASS in Blr.. I bought the thing in Dubai and the JVC was not coming with a clear global warranty..

I will not recommend the cassete deck adapter as it seriously compromises the CD/mp3 sound quality. It converts the CD output to a simulated tape magnetic signal for the tape head to pick up. So effectively you get tape quality sound from your CD. I have heard some really horrible ones. Also, the separate CD player is always at the risk of being stolen when you park/ give it to a valet.

Camry93, great pics. Congrats on a good buy. Did the rear spoiler come as OE fitment?
Old 30th May 2005, 13:19   #94
BHPian

Hey Camry,

Looks good. The alloys are pretty neat!!! How ar the interiors? Why dont you post a few pics of the dash and stuff?

Happy motoring :-)

Regards,
rahul
Old 30th May 2005, 14:04   #95
BHPian

Thank you all for the kind words ...

The rear spoiler did come as OE fitment on the ELX. Actually, i wanted to upload the interior pics as well. But I'm planning to swap the rather tacky looking plastic-wood dash with the one that comes with Palio Sport (silver finish). Jay Vijay Motors has been kind enough to agree on swapping the dash for me. So I will post the pics when I get that changed today.

As for the car-audio, went ahead with Sony 5510 (plays Atrac, Rs. 8990), OE speakers in the front (dealer said its better with OEM, Rs. 1100), Sony XPlod 6937 (Rs. 3400) in the rear. No amps and no subwoofers.

I've also started cutting a few CDs with Atrac playlists so that I can organize my collection a little better than lugging around a cartload of music CDs everywhere I go. (As anyone who has tried it will concur, Sony Atrac is really cool.)

Last edited by camry93 : 30th May 2005 at 14:06.
Old 30th May 2005, 23:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

TypeO,see if ur car audio has Aux input.u can get it in the audio player mannual or see the setting in ur car audio.u can connect ur mp3 player to it.I have a Blaupunkt Bologna in my GTX and i use that aux in to connect my mp3 player.u can get great CD quality from it without any dangling wires and u can always keep the cd player connected to the car audio and place it in the Front glovebox of ur Petra.

Camry93 u have a great car there.one advice please do transparent rust prevention on ur Silencer pipe,mufler and cat converter.
Old 30th May 2005, 23:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
But I'm planning to swap the rather tacky looking plastic-wood dash with the one that comes with Palio Sport (silver finish). Jay Vijay Motors has been kind enough to agree on swapping the dash for me. So I will post the pics when I get that changed today.
watch out for that carefully.i think the Petra dash(unless they have used the palio dash)has some extra buttons on it below the fan speed adjuster.the palio does not have this.so be carefull.please post the int pic of dashboard so i can conform this?i have a GTX.
Old 31st May 2005, 16:11   #98
Senior - BHPian

Camry,

That is one awesome looking baby! Congratulations. She really looks good!

Merve, Nitin,

I have fitted in a JVC 12 CD changer capable of MP3/CDr/rw playback. The performance is good. The receiver is fit near the handbrake, and the sound is fed to the OE unit via FM. Was not very happy with the job they did on the receiver (the velcro fasteners are good, but they were not fastened properly LOL), but I can excuse them because of the time pressure they were under.

BTW, remember that my rear tail lamp was smashed. Well Anuroop was out of stock on the piece. But a call was made to Fiat and the part came in by evening. I am happy so far.

And Camry, congrats again dude. I am just wishing I waited.
Old 1st June 2005, 10:46   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
I have fitted in a JVC 12 CD changer capable of MP3/CDr/rw playback. The performance is good. The receiver is fit near the handbrake, and the sound is fed to the OE unit via FM. Was not very happy with the job they did on the receiver (the velcro fasteners are good, but they were not fastened properly LOL), but I can excuse them because of the time pressure they were under.
Pic of the fitting pl.. not able to uderstand where near the handbrake :-)
I got mine fitted in the boot, on the roof.. Only a remote display is mounted on the dash..
Old 1st June 2005, 13:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
Pic of the fitting pl.. not able to uderstand where near the handbrake :-)
I got mine fitted in the boot, on the roof.. Only a remote display is mounted on the dash..
The remote display is what I called the receiver. The reason it is not on the dash is because there is no place there. I have retained the OE unit. The changer is mounted in the boot. Like yours I think.
Old 13th June 2005, 11:42   #101
BHPian

Hi All,

Since I see this as a Petra's thread, Can anyone tell me what is the FE of Petra -1.6 in city like Bangalore and and also on Highways. Does it increases after 1st Service or It remains same?

What is the best I can do to maintain the shine of the black color of my Car.

Cheers
Old 14th June 2005, 12:51   #102
BHPian

camry,

could you please post some pics of the interiors ? dash, insrument cluster, controls on doors/handle area etc ? would be appreciated.

also a quick short term report is also in order.

for that matter, a similar report is also due from typeonegative.

Old 14th June 2005, 12:55   #103
BHPian

Default petra diesel ?

while on the petra...

anyone on this forum has a petra diesel ??

we could do with some first hand reviews / opinions. there is almost no information available on the petra diesel.
Old 14th June 2005, 14:13   #104
BHPian

I probably won't do justice to the Petra or to you readers by giving a subjective synopsis of my short term Petra 1.6 ELX ownership. Instead, I'll try to be as objective as possible.

1. Overall satisfaction level: Extremely satisfied

2. My view of the dealership (Jay Vijay motors in Pune): Friendly people, very eager to help, timely delivery, good deal on freebies and add ons

3. Quality of interiors: Very good. Didn't fancy the wooden look dashboard too much (I didn't change it, as previously indicated). The innards are a touch plasticky, but functional nevertheless.

4. Exterior fit and finish: Great paintwork. Superior gauge steel. Doors that close positively and absolutely.

5. Ride quality: Near magic carpet levels. Road irregularities don't reach the passenger compartment. This may be a little exaggerated, but then I am comparing this attribute against my previous car - the Zen. Also, the din on the road outside can hardly be heard inside the car.

6. Acoustics: My Sony xPlod system works very well indeed. I must say that the car has very good acoustics.

7. Driving pleasure: One word. Heavenly.

8. Fuel efficiency: Haven't really calculated, but probably 12-13 kmpl.

9. Recommended to others: YES! If you're looking for a great looking and great feeling sedan, look no further.
Old 14th June 2005, 16:28   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
while on the petra...

anyone on this forum has a petra diesel ??

we could do with some first hand reviews / opinions. there is almost no information available on the petra diesel.
Did you read the review by GTO
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...t=Petra+diesel (Fiat Petra Diesel Test drive report)
Closed Thread