Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th August 2005, 00:46   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica
consider me a novice.... but please explain what is TELCOLINE ?
Search for TATA TELCOLINE on this forum and on google.. Thats all i can say..
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 00:48   #167
BHPian

I agree..New Safari looks good and seems to have been crafted with eye for detail..brilliant effort indeed.

I am just wondering aloud..is it possible to launch safari ar abt 7.5 on road price..so ppl like can keep building it up over period of time :-)

I think options for budget till 7 lakh are very limited :-(

Any suggestions..BHPians?
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 00:57   #168
BHPian

Quote:
consider me a novice.... but please explain what is TELCOLINE ?

BTW , 11 in city for a 3L , 115 BHP seems to be pretty good ...

any thoughts BHP'ians ?
Try

http://www.star-motoring.com/research/specs.asp?id=198

http://www.cartorque.co.za/0171.htm

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...570184,00.html

most of the time google would answer ur questions otherwise depend of BHP-ians :-)
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 05:09   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
I am just wondering aloud..is it possible to launch safari ar abt 7.5 on road price..so ppl like can keep building it up over period of time :-)

I think options for budget till 7 lakh are very limited :-(
Lx 4X2 model retails for about Rs. 7.8 lakhs. I guess you can add the goodies later, though an SUV without 4X4 is like a bull without *****. Hell, you might as well buy a Tavera...

Quote:

Now the important questions .. VX is out of question ( atleast for me) ...

1. LX or EX ?

2. 4X2 or 4X4 ?

Go for 4X4, dude. See above comment on Bulls and B***S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish

Having said that, the new Safari would give the Innova a run for its money since both the vehicles are priced almost in the same range..
SOME people who considered an Innova earlier but baulked at its unusual profile (like me, for instance) MAY consider the Safari, but the Safari is NOT going to affect the Innova's sales charts as the appeal is different.

Besides, lets not be under any illusions here - the Safari's plastics are not a PATCH on those of the Innova. The sad fact is that Tata have given us all possible options - if ONLY they could just up the level of quality on their plastics a bit.

I also didnt like the fact that a Rs.10 lakh vehicle doesnt come with ABS, but I had visited a Skoda showroom recently and their BASE model retails at about Rs. 11.80 on the road with no features whatsoever. Considering that and other factors the Safari EX is VFM at 10 lakhs for a 4X4

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th August 2005 at 05:18.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 08:44   #170
BHPian

Went to Autolinks Showroom in Meera Bagh Delhi :( They don't have the test car as yet. The other location for them has the car but was not available at this site. All major dealerships should have had atleast the test vehicles by now. But yes the talking to the dealer, what I could gather was that this should change the face of the SUV sales market as well as start eating into some of cars in this segment. Why?

- The Fit and Finish has improved manyfold.
- Engine has become really responsive and add to that the Torque that peaks at 1800 RPM.
- Look and comfort are at high level of refinement. Innovative colours will add to the leeks.
- Noise levels are down to bare minimum. First time DVD screens and players are part of standard equipment.
- Interiors are poles apart from the previous model.
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2005, 21:40   #171
Senior - BHPian

I find the new dicor to be a worthy buy. It is certainly a good car. though I liked the old grille and bumper better.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 09:27   #172
BHPian

How About this...If so many of us are interested in the Vehicle, why not approach Tata's with a collective request for the best deal specially for Team BHP members
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 10:28   #173
Senior - BHPian

kinda late to the party, but.....

congrats, steeroid.....for being the first one to get his hands on the safari dicor....well done, mate....

you have already booked the dicor...?? now that's good news.....keep us (or at least, me) posted on the details...

and the vx variant falls directly into the endeavour's category, so...... it's been some time coming, but here goes..." a heartfelt adieu', mighty ford....we shall remember you...."

i still haven't been able to get my hands on the dicor yet, as i have been out, here and there, but i expect to get my hands on it soon.....

p.s- what do you think steeroid- is the vx variant worth the moolah..?? what goodies does the vx sport, that is not offered in the ex- besides the ABS and airbags and the rear-view cam...??
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 11:18   #174
BHPian

I have one concern regarding the feature differentiation between the LX and EX. As per the http://uv.tatamotors.com/safari/ website following are the added features in the EX model compared to LX model.

Comfort & Convenience
Music system (Available with single CD Player) --> Need to be upgraded by another good one
Analog Clock
Height Adjuster in Driver seat
Side foot step
Key less entry with immobilizer
12V power point for middle row

Safety & Security
Clear lens fog lamps
Demister on rear wind screen

Styling
Front Grill (Ex-Black in color and with chrome on boundary while in LX it is body colored)
Central console finish (EX- it is Gun metal type and LX it is Silver finish)
Body colored OVRMs.

As per the website the price at Ernakulam for 4X4 model of both these variant are

EX--->1,011,974 (4X4)
LX--->880,128 (4X4)

A price difference of 131,846.

Engine, tyre size etc are same on both the models. The bumper and side cladding are grey colored in both models. Only the VX model have body colored bumper and side cladding.

Does the EX variant price difference can be justified for these many added goodies???? Please update me if some goodies are missed in between which justifies the price difference???
Manoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 11:23   #175
BANNED

OTR prices in Chennai - Rs. lakhs rounded off

LX 4x2 8.78 4x4 9.89
EX 4x2 10.39 4x4 11.36
VX 4x2 13.16 4x4 14.20
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 00:39   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj
Does the EX variant price difference can be justified for these many added goodies???? Please update me if some goodies are missed in between which justifies the price difference???
What you mentioned PLUS
Roof mounted a/c for rear seats. Electric mirrors. Fog lamps front and rear. Alloy wheels. Spare wheel cover (HAHAHA). and some other stuff. I'm going for the EX for 3 reasons - Alloy Wheels, Roof Mounted A/c. Rear window wash+wipe+demister.

The side footstep is a very big reason too, else you may not be able to take old folks on a Safari. Dont think you want people clambering in or falling off awkwardly...

And of course the spare wheel cover !!!!!

Last edited by Steeroid : 10th August 2005 at 00:46.
Old 10th August 2005, 00:45   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
p.s- what do you think steeroid- is the vx variant worth the moolah..?? what goodies does the vx sport, that is not offered in the ex- besides the ABS and airbags and the rear-view cam...??
Vx not worth the price. Other than ABS, Airbags, Rear View Cam, you get body coloured bumpers and side claddings, DVD player with two screens behind front headrests, leather seats, better looking center console, plus some other goodies. And yes, body coloured Spare Wheel Cover !!! Think its also got a bit more chrome and stuff. Pity they didnt offer a fridge with it.

Go for EX. HOWEVER BE WARNED: JUST BECAUSE THEY'VE LAUNCHED IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO GET YOUR HANDS ON IT STRAIGHTAWAY. TATA IS APPARENTLY NOT GOING TO DELIVER VEHICLES BEFORE THE 20TH OF THIS MONTH, IN COCHIN AT LEAST (LAUNCH 11TH). ACCORDING TO THE DEALER THIS IS BECAUSE PRODUCTION IS YET TO START SINCE TATA IS INCORPORATING SOME CHANGES BASED ON DEALER FEEDBACK FROM THE PRE PRODUCTION DEMOS.

I AM PRETTY PISSED OFF - AT THIS RATE THEY MAY DELIVER THE SAFARI AFTER I LEAVE THE COUNTRY, WHICH IS NOT A VERY DESIRABLE STATE OF AFFAIRS. DOES ANYONE HAVE CONTACT NUMBERS FOR THE SALES GUYS AT TATA MOTORS? AFTER ALL THIS FOLLOW UP AND THE SCOOP FIRST DRIVE, THIS IS K.L.P.D
Old 10th August 2005, 00:54   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THIS IS K.L.P.D
haha..that'll curely suck !!

hey
..am sure certain things will be tweaked and altered for good based on the demo reports/ feedback...
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 10:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
What is interesting is that amongst the other things not covered by the warranty are the Fuel Injection equipment and A/c, which they say will be covered by the warranty provided by their manufacturers.
The delphi fuel injection system is one of the weak links in the safari. Delphi's common rail technology is no where near bosch's.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2005, 19:22   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
The delphi fuel injection system is one of the weak links in the safari. Delphi's common rail technology is no where near bosch's.
Do you work for MICO-Bosch ??
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote