Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th December 2005, 10:25   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
GTO Tata's have come a long way as a car manufacturers from the early days and the reason that we continue to adore there vehicles even with some nicks here and there is the overall package they present.
At the moment I'm right glad that I didn't go for the Dicor VX - I'm sure the same problems as highlighted by Steeroid & Nitin would be there in the top end model as well.

Agreed that Tata vehicles may be getting better but don't you think they need to radically change their mindset & attitude when they get into the 10 lacs plus league and try to be proactive rather than reactive and get rid of thier approach which is more like - we can fix it so what's the big deal!

Turbo problem with the Endeavour could be one in a thousand & not as repetetive or applicable to all Endys which is more than seems to be for the Tata vehicles. I really think that quality of the Endeavour, by & large, is way ahead of the Dicor and I'm not sure if Steeroid's friend's Endy had these kind of niggling issues within 8,000 kms - Steeroid?

suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 10:35   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
[ I really think that quality of the Endeavour, by & large, is way ahead of the Dicor and I'm not sure if Steeroid's friend's Endy had these kind of niggling issues within 8,000 kms - Steeroid?
Dont bet on it - our friend hasnt done 8000 kms yet. The Endy is just one of his cars....

If you think my friends problems were an exception, read this:
AutoCar Link
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 11:27   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman

Turbo problem with the Endeavour could be one in a thousand & not as repetetive or applicable to all Endys which is more than seems to be for the Tata vehicles. I really think that quality of the Endeavour, by & large, is way ahead of the Dicor and I'm not sure if Steeroid's friend's Endy had these kind of niggling issues within 8,000 kms - Steeroid?

If you have already bought the Envy. Keep a horse shoe on the Dash. You need some luck .
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 23:07   #274
BHPian

Quote:
GTO
Second, if the car is giving so many problems within the warranty period, whats to tell what happens after your coverage runs out?

In 13 months my Sumo Victa GX TC has had 49 parts replaced,including the jack, costing in all Rs. 1,40,333/-. Spare parts worth another 50,000/- need to be replaced. Tatas are ever willing to replace spares of customers who are serious and demand quality. But then whose time and energy are being used and more importantly you didnt buy a new car to have these repairs done in a brand new car. I never ever got the feeling that I had bought a new car, though I still love my sumo as much as I loved my old Sumo.

BTW, Notice sent to Chairman Tata Motors on the 17th of November, 2005 for a full refund for my defective car by the President, International Consumer Rights Protection Council has had no effect on the Tatas, except for the standard one liner from their Bangalore Office that the vehicle would be repaired to our satisfaction.

varun
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 21:50   #275
BHPian

@GTO,
In mY friend's 2.2 V.T.T. lately RPM goes up while he brakes. He's done about 14500km and this things has started recently. Any ideas ?
BTW the same thing occurs in my cousin's petrol accent ...
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 22:04   #276
BHPian

When its going to be launched ???
Is the design id going to be same or any face lift by Tata ???
Its going to be a sure hit.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 22:27   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
When its going to be launched ???
Is the design id going to be same or any face lift by Tata ???
Its going to be a sure hit.

What? The 3L Dicor?
Now we have the 2.2L engine.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 23:14   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

@JK, no no .. Hrishikesh must be referring to the next gen 3.0L Dicor - the upgrade from the 2.2L Dicor....
condor is online now   Reply With Quote