Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2009, 10:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Design looking dated?
What makes some people think like this, are they humans from 2020?
And despite of the increased tag, its still a great deal, better and more VFM than some other cars in the segment, would not name them so as to avoid an unwanted debate.
As for it being a flop or not, the point is that the linea is a very good car.Period.
If at all its a flop,that has more to do with the Fiat's image in India than anything to do with the car itself.

If you have seen the Diabloo's posts earlier, you wont feel shocked. He is known to be a BHPian who hates Everything about Linea.

@ Diabloo, Please take it in a lighter vein.
Old 16th April 2009, 10:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Perhaps it can be modified to not all manufacturers at all times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Maybe they got lucky. I am sure there are other customers who are paying hiked prices for their City.
agree. possible that these are isolated incidences. But i though i would share them since they were related to the discussion at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
No seriously - Diwa. Drop a line to rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com as well as service@fiapl.com as well as shefali.chopra@tatamotors.com
yes, this is the best solution. FIAT responds to these mails well, considering the case of pranava. try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
He is known to be a BHPian who hates Everything about Linea.
actually Diabloo will be against everything which is a potential threat to ANHC and FIAT did the mistake of pitting Linea against ANHC and earning diabloo's wrath.

my 667th post. I didn't want to post after reaching 666, but hey, what the heck.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:33   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up Concorde motors agrees to honor the original commitment

The manager at the Concorde motors (HYD) took the responsibility of talking to Fiat and honor there original commitment. So no price increase of Rs 16,000/-.

My brother is taking delivery of a Hip Hop black emotion + (petrol)today @ 3 PM. Thanks for providing the contact information anyway at fiat phamilyman, anyway din't use them as the dealer himself got the extra amount waived off.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why would Fiat increase the price and kill their sales?Linea is selling well ofc through Tata Motors.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

diwa - good to know this. congrats.
@hillram - i think even with the price increase - there's no car in the segment which comes close to Linea in VFM.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:24   #21
BHPian

Even after the price increase, this Car still remains VFM but surely this move will not be welcomed by anyone.

This is the only car in the segment selling in good no's after the ANHC.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:27   #22
BHPian

cool, concorde seems to be a good dealer.
I was in similar situation last week when I took delivery of my Linea Petrol E+. My delivery got delayed by the dealer (Autofin) and finally got it on 15th April.

They gave me discount of 8k (corporate discount) + floormats free.

Although I feel in your brother's case ... he threatened to back out of booking and put the dealer under pressure.
In my case, I requested them politely on my delivery day, they knew that I would take delivery even if they said 0 discount. So was pretty happy that they atleast gave some discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
The manager at the Concorde motors (HYD) took the responsibility of talking to Fiat and honor there original commitment. So no price increase of Rs 16,000/-.

My brother is taking delivery of a Hip Hop black emotion + (petrol)today @ 3 PM. Thanks for providing the contact information anyway at fiat phamilyman, anyway din't use them as the dealer himself got the extra amount waived off.

Last edited by neotraveller : 20th April 2009 at 14:32.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:58   #23
Team-BHP Support

It is too early to think that Linea is a success and hike it's price. This move may turn out to be suicidal.

A car's success is judged over a period of time after taking several parameters into consideration and not just on inital euphoria
Old 20th April 2009, 14:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Diabloo,

There you go again with your Fiat prejudices - Linea and dated! nonsense. Kindly don't dilute the purpose of this thread

No seriously - Diwa. Drop a line to rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com as well as service@fiapl.com as well as shefali.chopra@tatamotors.com

Use a stinker of a headline - trust me you will get things done. If nothing else, some sort of freebies. This ain't done. Its just crap by the dealer. Don't lose faith.

I have made my booking on MArch 31st and Complete Payment done on April 9th. I was given a hint about the price hike by the Dealer and the possibility of a price hike by 10th April is what i was told. I still dont have the car delivered to me. From my meeting with the Top Guy at the Dealership i got a hint that he was interested in getting that 10k increase being passed on to me. When i stated that here i have payed you 100% money upfront and you talking about a price hike he turned to his salesman and then told me that he will look into it.

At the moment, I dont have a clue on the delivery or the price-hike effect . But , what i have done is written a very stongly worded mail to all those id's that phamilyman has mentioned here. Thanx . I hope i get things closed smoothly this weekend as far as the delivery and the rest of the things go. Will keep all posted.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It's just a minimal expected price increase. If Fiat is planning to do this every 3 months or so, then I see a gloom future ahead for the Linea.
Are you gazing into a crystal ball? What makes you think that Fiat intends to do it every 3 months.
Old 20th April 2009, 20:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Like mentioned in some other threads, there was talk of FIAT "subsidising" the LINEA by way of the introductory price - so with sales increasing, possibly they are feeling the pinch

but in these times, and also in the specific situation FIAT is in India, they could have held on for longer before increasing the price

needless to say, they also should ensure their dealers don't mis use this situation and in the process creating a bad image for FIAT
Old 21st April 2009, 12:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I have made my booking on MArch 31st and Complete Payment done on April 9th. I was given a hint about the price hike by the Dealer and the possibility of a price hike by 10th April is what i was told. I still dont have the car delivered to me. From my meeting with the Top Guy at the Dealership i got a hint that he was interested in getting that 10k increase being passed on to me. When i stated that here i have payed you 100% money upfront and you talking about a price hike he turned to his salesman and then told me that he will look into it.

At the moment, I dont have a clue on the delivery or the price-hike effect . But , what i have done is written a very stongly worded mail to all those id's that phamilyman has mentioned here. Thanx . I hope i get things closed smoothly this weekend as far as the delivery and the rest of the things go. Will keep all posted.

I have got the following reply today from FIAT :

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, we are sorry to note on the concerns mentioned & apologies for the inconvenience caused to you, we have coordinated the matter with concern department & our distributor Tata Motors for necessary attention / update, you will be hearing shortly, till then we request to please bear with us.

Thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best services at all times.

With warm regards,

Nirmal Satsangi
Customer Services
+91 2138 672764

Now i am still waiting to hear from them . Thanks to Phamilyman for the Email Id's and Details of the right people at Tata/ Fiat. Also the customer services Number is also mentioned under the NAme above if anybody wants to use it to call Fiat/ Tata.

Cheers !
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:03   #28
BHPian

I have received the Chassis and Engine No. for my Linea today. However, in the mail that i have got this communication, i also saw a line mentioning that the Billing will be done on the revised price. Now, when i have made 100% payment on April 9th (price hike was effective 10th April onwards), am i supposed to pay that price difference??? does anyone know the exact policy on this ??? Help!
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Now, when i have made 100% payment on April 9th (price hike was effective 10th April onwards), am i supposed to pay that price difference??? does anyone know the exact policy on this ??? Help!
All manufacturer's clearly state that prices prevailing at the time of delivery shall be final.

Is there a way out? Maybe you can approach the manufacturer directly and they may waive off the price hike. It's worth a shot. Don't bother asking the dealer to talk to manufacturer about this for obvious reasons.
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:26   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

You can just walk over to their offices boss. If I were you, I wouldn't pay - esp with cash downpayment!!

And keep calling them - refuse to take delivery - show them team-BHP and ask why in your case must you pay up

And show them the power of teambhp - how we are a force multiplier for both goodwill and illwill. In your case, I am convinced that they need to absorb it!
Closed Thread