Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:05   #31
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
And show them the power of teambhp - how we are a force multiplier for both goodwill and illwill. In your case, I am convinced that they need to absorb it!

hehe thanx Amit and Phamilyman i would like to say that every Family (including TBHP) needs a Phamilyman like you
FastLove is offline  
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:47   #32
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

the dealer has requested me now that since for them the price is applicable as of today they would bear 50 % of the price hike and have requested me to pay 50% of the difference amount (about 6k) .... i have not agreed!
FastLove is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 23:29   #33
BHPian
 
ajayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Another price increase?

I talked to both Concorde and Prerana Motors (Bangalore) and both of them are saying that there is going to be another price increase on the Linea soon (of about 15-20k). Can someone confirm?
ajayr is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 23:35   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Don't know about the next price increase, but seems like already Fiat has increased 10k silently.

Jan-March, Linea Petrol Emotion Pack (ex-showroom hyderabad) - 7L
In April it increased to 7.15L
I just checked now and its 7.25L!

Now another 15k-20k seems too much. Although the Linea may be worth it.
Linea's sales are only around 1000 per month, Fiat has to be careful as to not lose the VFM factor.

Last edited by neotraveller : 6th July 2009 at 23:38.
neotraveller is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 23:36   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

ajayr, if that's true, then Fiat is being quite smart. First launch the car at a really low price so it gets a VFM name. Then jack up the price but the VFM image still lingers. Great business sense but not so good for the consumer.
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 07:01   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On The Net
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
ajayr, if that's true, then Fiat is being quite smart. First launch the car at a really low price so it gets a VFM name. Then jack up the price but the VFM image still lingers. Great business sense but not so good for the consumer.
Well, Linea has sold little over 900 cars in each of the last two months (they sold better in the previous months may be due to the novelty factor). Will FIAT be satisfied with those numbers? Obviously not. How will these "silent" price increases help them at least hold on to those 900 numbers?
pmbabu is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 10:10   #37
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Don't know about the next price increase, but seems like already Fiat has increased 10k silently.

Jan-March, Linea Petrol Emotion Pack (ex-showroom hyderabad) - 7L
In April it increased to 7.15L
I just checked now and its 7.25L!

Now another 15k-20k seems too much. Although the Linea may be worth it.
Linea's sales are only around 1000 per month, Fiat has to be careful as to not lose the VFM factor.
So, according to these figures, the talks that Linea Emotion Pack also started carrying discounts (compared to Apr/ May when not a single rupee discount was available) to sell in good numbers do not have substance actually in net terms. If the prices are increased by 25K & dealers are throwing freebies worth 8-10 K, in real terms Fiat has smartly increased the prices by 10-15K net.
VahanPujari is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 10:50   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

In Pune the Linea is available for exactly the same amount I bought it for in January. I guess as consumers we like to negotiate and feel like we are getting a good deal and hence Fiat has increased the price but dealers are giving that back as a discount!
CarsPG is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 19:11   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 224
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
In Pune the Linea is available for exactly the same amount I bought it for in January. I guess as consumers we like to negotiate and feel like we are getting a good deal and hence Fiat has increased the price but dealers are giving that back as a discount!
I just checked with the two Pune dealers. The prices have gone up. Emotion Petrol by Rs10,000. And no discounts. Last month there was a discount of Rs 8000 plus free extended warranty. So that is an effective increase of Rs 23000. Should have booked it last month
Pragmites is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 19:46   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

That's bad. Maybe wait a few weeks and see if they reduce it again?
CarsPG is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 19:51   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
That's bad. Maybe wait a few weeks and see if they reduce it again?
Might rise further too. No point speculating but at least if you buy now you get to enjoy the car for a few extra weeks.
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 20:12   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Lol, true. If they have just raised the price I doubt they will raise it again for a month or two.
CarsPG is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 20:23   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I was gussing about this price rise for some time now
i think, Linea is under priced car.

FIAT had a Penetration Price strategy, now having success,
it is time to maximise margins.

but this price rise will have less impact on a buyer who will
have loan to buy the car, as FIAT has low interest
schemes aligned with the banks / dealers.
StarVegabond is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 21:30   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

True, Linea is underpriced by 50k atleast (my guess) and I don't even think Fiat is earning any profit on it. They have priced a big car (size of corolla/civic) loaded with features and priced it less than all their competitors!

I think one more reason for price increase is, the GP and Indigo Vista ... some variants will come in Linea territory. So they are positioning Linea farther away.
neotraveller is offline  
Old 10th July 2009, 21:55   #45
BHPian
 
sanagg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: HIMALYAS
Posts: 274
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I was gussing about this price rise for some time now
i think, Linea is under priced car.

FIAT had a Penetration Price strategy, now having success,
it is time to maximise margins.

but this price rise will have less impact on a buyer who will
have loan to buy the car, as FIAT has low interest
schemes aligned with the banks / dealers.
In my opinion it is not the right time. Public memory of bad *** = Elephan like revenge. Once they put up a good show they should carry it on till the logical conclusion no mid course changes required.
It is a Sedan Car not some FMCG for pricing strategy as quoted.
cheers
sanagg1 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price increase in Maharashtra on petrol and diesel cars respectively kedarwalke The Indian Car Scene 21 27th March 2012 19:10
VW Vento: Pay VW 30k+ for their "price increase". Get less features Screwdriva The Indian Car Scene 38 21st August 2011 23:49
Mitsubishi's new strategy-price increase every fortnight sidindica The Indian Car Scene 9 17th November 2008 00:32
Innova Purchase Query + Query on Price Increase by Toyota SanMan SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 7 30th April 2008 13:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks