Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th July 2009, 14:20   #61
BHPian

Hopefully the price increase sticks as that will mean better resale . Toyota has increased the price of the Corolla by over Rs. 1 Lac since December if you take in to account the steep discounts they were giving then vs. what they are giving now.

Some of the Rs. 25,000 or so price increase since launch is hopefully going towards some better QC and plastics!
Old 16th July 2009, 14:58   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@pragmites,
There's no point waiting for price decrease. It might as well increase!
You should wait if you have any upcoming launch. If not, just suit the best car for the needs available right now.

Linea: Looks, elegance and comfortable ride
Fiesta: peppy car but smaller than Linea (discounts available)
I20 1.4: If you need an automatic (beware of mileage though)
Magnum: will be expensive
SX4: discounts too

Overall, if you need a modern sedan with features loaded, AND affordability, look no further than a Linea. Thats my choice too!
@Neotraveller
You are one of those who reinforced my decision to go for a Linea. I did drive a Siena for 3 years and loved it. I'm just upset I will have to pay a lot more. Last month the discounts were in lieu of low rate financing (8.9%). The same financing is available but not the cash discount.

I was hoping someone could convince me to look at other options. So far no one has given me even one good reason to look at the competition
Old 16th July 2009, 15:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
I am glad to be introduced into the group of Linea owners for the past one week and I am lucky to have bought it after the may sales dipped to 901 cars due to which Fiat is offering a sumptuous discount of Rs. 8,000 + free warranty of Rs. 5350 + 2,000 off on Insurance+ free goodies like under chassis coat, floor mats, Linea key chain, mud flaps etc. So total discount is more than price hike of 15,000 here in Chennai. So I got it at a good rate.
Autocarcr,
Can you tell me your date of booking and the variant? Discounts are still available on Active, Dynamic and Dynamic Pack
Old 16th July 2009, 16:12   #64
BHPian

You can easily get a discount of Rs. 6,000 + by doing the insurance on your own. I guess that's better than nothing .
Old 16th July 2009, 16:35   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
You can easily get a discount of Rs. 6,000 + by doing the insurance on your own. I guess that's better than nothing .
That I have already done. 8K with ncb!
Old 16th July 2009, 16:38   #66
BHPian

Here's the new 'Price List' for the Linea from B.U Bhandari showroom in Pune

Fiat Linea Price Increase-linea-new-price-list.jpg

Here's the corporate discount sheet (Pune prices again)

Name:  Linea Corp Discounts.JPG
Views: 8783
Size:  92.1 KB
Old 16th July 2009, 17:04   #67
BHPian

Glad to be of help
Try to bargain for corporate discount etc. I believe since the newness of Linea has worn off now, dealers are more inclined to give discounts.

If you don't get cash discount, try to get all the essential accesories as freebies ... Mudflaps, mats, body cover, good sunfilm.
Maybe get paint protection & under-coating too (not must-have but good to have for free!)

Good luck with yr purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
@Neotraveller
You are one of those who reinforced my decision to go for a Linea. I did drive a Siena for 3 years and loved it. I'm just upset I will have to pay a lot more. Last month the discounts were in lieu of low rate financing (8.9%). The same financing is available but not the cash discount.

I was hoping someone could convince me to look at other options. So far no one has given me even one good reason to look at the competition
Old 16th July 2009, 17:20   #68
BHPian

Thanks Neo
So far managed mats and mud flaps but with very great difficulty. Even carried check book in my pocket for the cash/corporate discount. Still trying to wear them out.
Old 16th July 2009, 17:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Hopefully the price increase sticks as that will mean better resale .
I am not so sure man. May be the launch price of Linea wasn't a realistic price and to reduce the pinch (of loss for themselves and to the customers too), they are increasing the price in phases.

However, I would have thought that the company would wait for a longer period of sustained good sales (even at 900+) before increasing the prices.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:38   #70
BHPian

Thanks inreverse for the info! I'm sure that will help many people here .
Old 16th July 2009, 19:14   #71
BANNED

Actually, the price for Petrol Emotion pack Linea in above price list is almost similar to the price when I bought it here in Mumbai.

Piyush - What was it when you bought Linea at Pune?
Old 16th July 2009, 20:13   #72
BHPian

I am sure there would be more discount next month, sales of Linea will drop this month. People are already discussing about niggles and next purchases are going to be mostly from people who will convert to Linea. I think price hike is to compensate for costs of al replacements they were forced to make in earlier Linea due to substandard materials/plastics.
Old 16th July 2009, 20:20   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Actually, the price for Petrol Emotion pack Linea in above price list is almost similar to the price when I bought it here in Mumbai.

Piyush - What was it when you bought Linea at Pune?
Mumbai price is higher than Pune because of higher octroi. ( 4% vs 2% I think). So I guess we now have to pay old Mumbai prices.
Old 17th July 2009, 00:39   #74
BHPian

The E+ diesel & petrol have increased by approximately Rs. 25,000 ex-showroom and Rs. 28,000 OTR, Pune not taking into account any discounts.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:21   #75
BHPian

I have bought Linea last month and I see a price increase of Rs. 10,000 for Emotion Petrol. I am bought it for 6.82L ex-showroom in Bangalore and now website shows 6.92L
Closed Thread