Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th April 2009, 18:08   #1

Default Hyderabad: Request for non-dealer Honda service centers

There are two Honda dealers (TVS and Pride Honda) in Hyderabad. TVS is cramped and I ended up getting new dents having sent it for servicing. Pride honda is smaller and newer and I'm not sure of their capability.

I have two Honda City cars: Model Years 2000 (Type 2 OHC 1.5 Exi) and 2004. Though I booked 2004 version reluctantly, I was rewarded with a 15K run OHC for 5 lakhs about 5 years ago. At the time of purchase the OHC was a 4 year old.

As I get to constantly compare the rides in these two models, fun is clearly with OHC while 2004 is sluggish in takeoff. Of late the ride vibrations are being felt in OHC and the 2004 is as smooth as ever. Both these vehicles have always been serviced by Dealer till date. Recent experiences have led to me to consider exploring non-dealer options.

At OHC 30K service (I know in 9 years it's run only 30K), I asked the service center (Pride Honda) to look into annoying rattle. Some members already described this as potentially due to AC or the windshield wiper motor etc. The second issue I presented them with was a clucking sound when the car gets into motion (from a stop). On the first issue they couldn't do anything. On the second they claimed to have removed some gravel fragments embedded in brake assembly.

For 2004, 25K service they (Pride Honda) suggested wheel alignment & balance, which they performed. It was my understanding that on a level road, with steering stable, the car would move in straight line. Any pull to the side is due to uneven tire wear, alignment or both. Consistent pulling to one side was demonstrated to the service technician. He maintained that they way to test alignment is to drive on level road at 60+ speeds for at least 1Km. The side pull I observed was due to road conditions in India . He shared a print out with alignment numbers set as dead center (as close to it as possible). Anyway after this alignment service, I still feel the car being pulled to the side, enough for me to constantly nudge it back straight.

Can members who have knowledge of Honda City experts at Hyderabad please drop me a word?

Thank You
Ravi.
rsksnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 19:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey, there, there is one workshop that i visit regularly and get immediate and quick attention for my ohc. i gave my car to Sundaram only twice. the second time they removed the speedo cable (i asked them to check why my speedo is not working) and forgot to put it back and i got engine check light always after that and got rectified later and stopped honda serive altogether. i will pm the details if you need. the guy i visit now is quite reliable and even get attended on sundays.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 19:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
hey, there, there is one workshop that i visit regularly and get immediate and quick attention for my ohc..i will pm the details if you need. the guy i visit now is quite reliable and even get attended on sundays.
Can you PM me the required details as well? Thanks in advance,
vvrchandra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 19:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey, there, there is one workshop that i visit regularly and get immediate and quick attention for my ohc. ... i will pm the details if you need. the guy i visit now is quite reliable and even get attended on sundays.
And a regular T-BHPian (Not on the site though!)

My zen always goes there and has been built & tuned personally by Prabhu aka 'the guy' - to quote kutlee!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 15th April 2009 at 19:44.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 23:24   #5

"kutlee" Thank you for quick reference. Will visit the place soon.
rsksnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 09:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any such place in Chennai? Alternate to Honda dealer service?
vineethvazhayil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 12:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
hey, there, there is one workshop that i visit regularly and get immediate and quick attention for my ohc. i gave my car to Sundaram only twice. the second time they removed the speedo cable (i asked them to check why my speedo is not working) and forgot to put it back and i got engine check light always after that and got rectified later and stopped honda serive altogether. i will pm the details if you need. the guy i visit now is quite reliable and even get attended on sundays.
Hi could you please let me know about this guy. I also want to visit this place for my NHC2005
rnidumolu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 11:09   #8
BANNED

Default Re: Hyderabad: Request for non-dealer Honda service centers

Anybody has experienece with a non Honda dealer for Honda City IVTEC servicing ? Am finding authorised service stations being pricey ..
siddutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 11:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Kanpur has two service centres, but run by and belonging to Pushp Honda. The quality of srvice leaves nothing to be desired. However, the place resembles a station / fish market /MASS in the M800 days, every morning and afternoon.

I want a HASS for competition. When I was on Maruti I always used the independent MASS.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 14:31   #10
BHPian

Hi Team,

Need urgent help in getting good Honda City HASS or Non Honda dealers for servicing automatic Honda City ivtec in Hyderabad or Bangalore.
monster2 is offline   Reply With Quote