Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th January 2011, 14:08   #226
BHPian

Default Re: road rage bikers

Not trying to justify the biker's threat of violence at all here, that is inexcusable.

But, about why bikers try to squeeze ahead in traffic, well, it's not easy waiting in sweltering heat, dust and pollution while balancing the bike, as compared to sitting comfortable inside a car with the air-conditioning and radio on. A little consideration would not be out of place, and like another member has mentioned, bikers are usually good at negotiating tight spaces without causing damage. Even bikers like their vehicles and don't want to cause damage to their bike or other cars and get into fights.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:43   #227
BHPian

I don't ride my bike much but here is my 2 cents; when you are waiting on a red light behind a car/bus/trunk, as a biker, you are inhaling exhaust fumes from the vehicles around you whereas air is a lot cleaner in front of the pack. It is all the more terrible if you are next to a bus/trunk exhaust pipe.

I usually give them the way as I know its a lot more comfortable inside my tin box; its the guy outside who is exposed to the elements.

I will be buying a CBR soon and will try to be ahead of the fumes for sure (a definite no-no to red light jumping or crossing over of zebra line on red light).

Cheers, Sid
Old 17th January 2011, 14:57   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
...well, it's not easy waiting in sweltering heat, dust and pollution while balancing the bike, as compared to sitting comfortable inside a car with the air-conditioning and radio on. ...
Well is it not the same thinking that make a starter for road rage. Is it not the same thinking that puts car drivers on spot (during incidents / accidents)?
Old 17th January 2011, 15:06   #229
BHPian

my whole point is the brazen threat which he gave to me, and i am dead sure that if i had stopped he would have thrashed me. If i drive zigzag and almost hit him he is justified to be agitated but not being able to overtake and still you want to bash up some one its real scary.
Old 17th January 2011, 15:24   #230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
my whole point is the brazen threat which he gave to me
This guy really will be a low life. One who has been a failure in life and has always being walked upon. He was just trying to take the frustration of his failed miserable life on you. Its good you avoided him.
Old 17th January 2011, 15:29   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
and said abey ruk tero ko helmet nikal ke maroonga rasta rok ta hai?
Exactly, what does that mean ?

I agree with uniqueMods, better to leave more than enough space for the crazy guys to go than block their way.
Old 17th January 2011, 15:39   #232
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Re: road rage bikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
A little consideration would not be out of place, and like another member has mentioned, bikers are usually good at negotiating tight spaces without causing damage. Even bikers like their vehicles and don't want to cause damage to their bike or other cars and get into fights.
A little consideration is always welcome. But when this little becomes "You are in my territory" attitude thats when the trouble start. Negotiating tight spaces in any way is not good for bikers coz you never know when suddenly the vehicle besides you start moving and you are trapped in a no man's land. Given an option any biker would definelty want to be travelling in car and think the same way about other bikers then.
Old 17th January 2011, 16:02   #233
BHPian

@Esteem Lover it means hey stop i will hit you with my helmet, how dare you block the road?
Closed Thread