Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 17:28   #61
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,890
Thanked: 9,723 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

I got my re-reg done via AASI

Dec 1st week - got car from Mumbai
Dec 31st - Receive all the NOC papers
Jan 15th - Car inspected
Jan 26th - Transfer happened (was some dilly dallying about the tax due)
April 1st Week - Submitted re-reg papers
June - New number alloted
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 17:56   #62
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 866
Thanked: 239 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

If you are moving for more than a year, its better to be on the right side of the law and payup the road tax. It is for sure worth it to pay the road tax and keep your car rather than buying a used car. Another matter if you want to dispose this of in Chennai and buy a brand new one.
ethanhunt123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 18:30   #63
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,330
Thanked: 4,202 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
It took nearly one year for him to pay the tax without paying bribe.

Every time he visited, they asked him to fill one or two forms. They didn't tell him what all the required forms in one shot. During his last visit, they even sent him back asking him to bring all forms in a folder!!

If you wish to do, take a Kannada speaking person along with and clearly understand all the forms in one shot and submit. Thats all, they can not delay.
Very true. I am currently facing this issue, I just want to pay the road tax for a two wheeler but I think without a kannada speaking friend I can't do this. I went to Jayanager RTO couple of times to pay the road tax, first the agents didn't allow me to enter the office saying that they will finish the job for 7K. When I finally managed to enter inside, the officials there didn't respond properly and asked me to contact a agent.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 23:23   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I got my re-reg done via AASI

Dec 1st week - got car from Mumbai
Dec 31st - Receive all the NOC papers
Jan 15th - Car inspected
Jan 26th - Transfer happened (was some dilly dallying about the tax due)
April 1st Week - Submitted re-reg papers
June - New number alloted
How much you had to pay for this... Also how much it will cost to become a AASI member.. Did they help you getting refund.. ??
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 08:57   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,890
Thanked: 9,723 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Cost around Rs 3000

I did have to pay Rs 500 under the table to get the car inspected else it would have cost be a day hanging around.

AASI could not help me get refund for a mumbai car. They might be able to help for a Chennai vehicle though
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:29   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Is the invoice price considered including 12.5% VAT paid ?..

Invoice price of my Civic is 9.85L + 1.23L = ~11L.. Should I use 9.85L or 11L for calculating the depreciated value at 75% ?

I will use AASI service..
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:33   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Very true. I am currently facing this issue, I just want to pay the road tax for a two wheeler but I think without a kannada speaking friend I can't do this. I went to Jayanager RTO couple of times to pay the road tax, first the agents didn't allow me to enter the office saying that they will finish the job for 7K. When I finally managed to enter inside, the officials there didn't respond properly and asked me to contact a agent.
Ok, try this.

You can try Indira nagar RTO. Do NOT go to the counter that accepts tax. Approach any inspector inside the office, and tell him you want to pay tax.He will ask the documents + NOC, but you can tell you do not have NOC, and you want just to pay the road tax and not register. he will give a challan. Yes, challan will say you have been driving without paying KA tax, and hence pay it.

Take this to the counter and pay it. This is what I and couple of my friends did when we want to pay the Tax.
mjothi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:49   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ok, try this.

You can try Indira nagar RTO. Do NOT go to the counter that accepts tax. Approach any inspector inside the office, and tell him you want to pay tax.He will ask the documents + NOC, but you can tell you do not have NOC, and you want just to pay the road tax and not register. he will give a challan. Yes, challan will say you have been driving without paying KA tax, and hence pay it.

Take this to the counter and pay it. This is what I and couple of my friends did when we want to pay the Tax.
Can you pay yearly tax ?.. or life time tax is mandatory for vehicles old that XX years.. ?
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 10:02   #69
BHPian
 
hrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 914
Thanked: 359 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I went to Jayanager RTO couple of times to pay the road tax, first the agents didn't allow me to enter the office saying that they will finish the job for 7K. When I finally managed to enter inside, the officials there didn't respond properly and asked me to contact a agent.
Am shocked by two things: 1. The RTO concurring with the agents openly and asking honest citizens to approach agents.
2. Need to know Kannada to get transactions done in Government offices.. Grow up babus!! Not happening.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 10:13   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
2. Need to know Kannada to get transactions done in Government offices.. Grow up babus!! Not happening.
Speaking Kannada in Govt offices will ease your work/minimize damage
I experienced this in BESCOM and PT offices.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 11:47   #71
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Speaking Kannada in Govt offices will ease your work/minimize damage
I experienced this in BESCOM and PT offices.
When i went to the Indra Nagar RTO to get the loan hypothecation removed from my Ikon, i took along a fellow TBHPian who speaks fluent Kannada. Needless to say, it went on rather smooth, no bribes involved.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 23:31   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ok, try this.

You can try Indira nagar RTO. Do NOT go to the counter that accepts tax. Approach any inspector inside the office, and tell him you want to pay tax.He will ask the documents + NOC, but you can tell you do not have NOC, and you want just to pay the road tax and not register. he will give a challan. Yes, challan will say you have been driving without paying KA tax, and hence pay it.

Take this to the counter and pay it. This is what I and couple of my friends did when we want to pay the Tax.
jothi - Assuming i pay the tax, what would the receipt say ? Would it include my Parent State registration number or would it have the chassis number ?

There must be something that ties the Road tax receipt to the vehicle, else one road-tax receipt could be used in 2 cars (assuming one owner has 2 maharashtra registered cars).
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 07:38   #73
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
jothi - Assuming i pay the tax, what would the receipt say ? Would it include my Parent State registration number or would it have the chassis number ?

There must be something that ties the Road tax receipt to the vehicle, else one road-tax receipt could be used in 2 cars (assuming one owner has 2 maharashtra registered cars).
It will definitely have the vehicle's current registration number, in case you do not plan on re-registering it in the new state.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 07:57   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,330
Thanked: 4,202 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ok, try this.

You can try Indira nagar RTO. Do NOT go to the counter that accepts tax. Approach any inspector inside the office, and tell him you want to pay tax.He will ask the documents + NOC, but you can tell you do not have NOC, and you want just to pay the road tax and not register. he will give a challan. Yes, challan will say you have been driving without paying KA tax, and hence pay it.

Take this to the counter and pay it. This is what I and couple of my friends did when we want to pay the Tax.
mjothi, thanks for this information, I will try this. But, I stay in bannerghatta road and was told that bannerghatta road comes under Jayanager RTO and I can pay the road tax there only. Is this true or can i approach Indira nagar RTO also?
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 08:16   #75
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
mjothi, thanks for this information, I will try this. But, I stay in bannerghatta road and was told that bannerghatta road comes under Jayanager RTO and I can pay the road tax there only. Is this true or can i approach Indira nagar RTO also?
You would need to pay up at the Jayanagar RTO, they wont accept it at the Indra Nagar RTO.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Mumbai Bangalore route safe for MH registered cars due to current border issues SDarshan Route / Travel Queries 18 2nd February 2009 16:10
Road Tax for Kolkata registered vehicle. dhiman The Indian Car Scene 2 2nd September 2008 13:23
Bhutan Registered vehicle spotted in Bangalore!! kvish Street Experiences 15 23rd December 2006 01:50
Getting Bangalore car re-registered in Noida Sush The Indian Car Scene 10 25th May 2005 13:01
Vehicle Trademarks registered for 2004. v12 The International Automotive Scene 2 14th April 2004 05:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks