Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 09:59   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It will definitely have the vehicle's current registration number, in case you do not plan on re-registering it in the new state.
Don't you have to show invoice for paying tax, even if you are not re-registering ?

Also, is it possible to pay on yearly basis, rather than 15yrs...
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 10:28   #77
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,333
Thanked: 4,224 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Don't you have to show invoice for paying tax, even if you are not re-registering ?

Also, is it possible to pay on yearly basis, rather than 15yrs...
Yes, Invoice is required to calculate the road tax. If you don't have the invoice, then RTO will calculate the road tax based on a default amount for your model of vehicle.

There is no option to pay the road tax yearly. But I think central government employees can pay annually.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 10:38   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,255
Thanked: 1,442 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
mjothi, thanks for this information, I will try this. But, I stay in bannerghatta road and was told that bannerghatta road comes under Jayanager RTO and I can pay the road tax there only. Is this true or can i approach Indira nagar RTO also?
Please double check (unless you already have, that is). Bannerghatta Road is split between Jayanagar RTO and Electronics City RTO. Are the cars around your house/apartment, which are registered at home address, KA05 or KA51?
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 10:50   #79
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,333
Thanked: 4,224 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Please double check (unless you already have, that is). Bannerghatta Road is split between Jayanagar RTO and Electronics City RTO. Are the cars around your house/apartment, which are registered at home address, KA05 or KA51?
My car is KA05 :-)
But as per RTO(Transport Department), beyond meenakshi temple comes under Electronic City(My address is beyond meenakshi temple). So, not sure how the car was registered with KA05. May be I will give a shot at Electronic City office once to pay the road tax for my two wheeler.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 15:58   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It will definitely have the vehicle's current registration number, in case you do not plan on re-registering it in the new state.
Ben - is this a lifetime tax or is it to be re-paid anually.

I mean if i pay whatever the tax-amount is, can i use the vehicle in karnataka for an unlimited period of time? Would this token help me to avoid fines if stopped by authorities as a part of usual checks (Assume i have all other papers in order).
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 21:03   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Ben - is this a lifetime tax or is it to be re-paid anually.

I mean if i pay whatever the tax-amount is, can i use the vehicle in karnataka for an unlimited period of time? Would this token help me to avoid fines if stopped by authorities as a part of usual checks (Assume i have all other papers in order).
It is the lifetime tax in KA. You need to get KA registration after 11 months (or is it 1 year?)
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:25   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is the lifetime tax in KA. You need to get KA registration after 11 months (or is it 1 year?)
Oh Really !!

I thought we could drive lifetime with the road tax paid. If the road tax is valid for one year only, it makes more sense to register the car in the destination state rather than pay tax for just one year.

I mean if i am moving to bangalore for one year or 1.5 years, and my parent state is AP,TN,Goa or Maharashtra, it makes sense to drive down to my parent state once in 6 months, get fuel receipt, toll receipts and come back.

If i have a chennai registered car, i could go to Vellore and come back and still show toll receipts from Vellore-Bangalore. Vellore Toll receipts would prove that i was in TN only.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 19:02   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 184
Thanked: 136 Times
Default re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

All PUC centres in Karnataka now use an online tool to issue PUC certificate. So the RTO is notified the moment a vehicle takes a PUC test. That means if you own an out of state vehicle and you do 2 PUC tests in Karantaka, that will hold as valid proof for the RTO to issue you a notice to pay the Karnataka road tax since you have stayed over 12 months.
kutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 08:43   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,190
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

So here it is:

For reasons that cannot be explained, I *might* pick up a motorbike right out of a showroom in Bangalore, but would rather have the bike registered in Chennai.

How do I go about this? Would showrooms agree? Do I do a temp registration here and ride the bike down to Chennai and have it registered? Problems? Is it straightforward?
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 18:24   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,190
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So here it is:

For reasons that cannot be explained, I *might* pick up a motorbike right out of a showroom in Bangalore, but would rather have the bike registered in Chennai.

How do I go about this? Would showrooms agree? Do I do a temp registration here and ride the bike down to Chennai and have it registered? Problems? Is it straightforward?
Anyone help me with this? I just plan to get the bike out of a showroom in Bangalore but would like to "immediately" register it in Chennai.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 19:55   #86
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Anyone help me with this? I just plan to get the bike out of a showroom in Bangalore but would like to "immediately" register it in Chennai.
I think the procedure you stated is right. Thats how it was done before 10 years for my cousin's car taken in chennai showroom but registered in bangalore. Took a temp registration in chennai and registered in BNG with address proof. Straight forward.

You better check with showroom guys or with a broker or some dealers/mechanics. They should be able to help you.

Last edited by ganesc : 9th May 2013 at 19:57.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 19:58   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,190
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
I think the procedure you stated is right. Thats how it was done before 10 years for my cousin's car taken in chennai showroom but registered in bangalore. Took a temp registration in chennai and registered in BNG with address proof. Straight forward.

You better check with showroom guys or with a broker or some dealers/mechanics. They should be able to help you.
Perfect, thanks! Let me put a word out and check this factually as well.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 20:26   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,113
Thanked: 582 Times
Default Re: Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Anyone help me with this? I just plan to get the bike out of a showroom in Bangalore but would like to "immediately" register it in Chennai.
I think you will have to pay an entry tax in tamilnadu when you do this. IIRC it is around 13% which will be a significant amount. I'd suggest you get the bike in Chennai and avoid the hassle.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 21:24   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So here it is:

For reasons that cannot be explained, I *might* pick up a motorbike right out of a showroom in Bangalore, but would rather have the bike registered in Chennai.

How do I go about this? Would showrooms agree? Do I do a temp registration here and ride the bike down to Chennai and have it registered? Problems? Is it straightforward?
What is the vehicle you plan to buy in bangy ? Procedure is right but may have t he answer the RTO on why it is done so.(his mouth can be shut by putting some 500Rs note into it)

Anyways take a 2nd opinion from the list of these guyshttp://www.justdial.com/Chennai/RTO-...ants/ct-694749
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 22:04   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,190
Thanked: 1,116 Times
Default Re: Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I think you will have to pay an entry tax in tamilnadu when you do this. IIRC it is around 13% which will be a significant amount. I'd suggest you get the bike in Chennai and avoid the hassle.
Entry tax? Why would I need to pay an entry tax on a vehicle that is running road legal temp plates and will be registered in TN anyway? ex-showroom price does not differ state-to-state in this case, its just the road tax. So why an "entry-tax" for a private vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
What is the vehicle you plan to buy in bangy ? Procedure is right but may have t he answer the RTO on why it is done so.(his mouth can be shut by putting some 500Rs note into it)

Anyways take a 2nd opinion from the list of these guyshttp://www.justdial.com/Chennai/RTO-...ants/ct-694749
Its a motorbike, and I think I'll go ahead and check with a few folks. It is quite stupid, come to think of it.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Mumbai Bangalore route safe for MH registered cars due to current border issues SDarshan Route / Travel Queries 18 2nd February 2009 16:10
Road Tax for Kolkata registered vehicle. dhiman The Indian Car Scene 2 2nd September 2008 13:23
Bhutan Registered vehicle spotted in Bangalore!! kvish Street Experiences 15 23rd December 2006 01:50
Getting Bangalore car re-registered in Noida Sush The Indian Car Scene 10 25th May 2005 13:01
Vehicle Trademarks registered for 2004. v12 The International Automotive Scene 2 14th April 2004 05:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks