Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 15:11   #226
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Me too cannot ditch GP. Fell in love already, but if 6 Bags, Glass roof, 90HP oil burner well under 7l then? Confused
I'm sure it will be well over Rs. 7 L OTR! Even it is Rs. 8 L OTR it is not a bad deal in my opinion!
CarsPG is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 15:45   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I'm sure it will be well over Rs. 7 L OTR! Even it is Rs. 8 L OTR it is not a bad deal in my opinion!
I bet you re comparing to the jazz
AbhiJ is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 16:51   #228
BHPian
 
rejeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

I believe the on-road price to be placed between 7.2L and 7.5L for ASTA (not Option)to have better impact on the sales. The Magna CDRi should be about 6.5L to 6.8L on road(need to be well below 7L).

I was about to pay the booking amount of 50k but on rethinking thought better to wait till prices are out. Good if ASTA is available about or below 7.5L -else I think the petrol 1.4 variant should be the one for me to go with.
rejeen is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 18:13   #229
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
I believe the on-road price to be placed between 7.2L and 7.5L for ASTA (not Option)to have better impact on the sales. The Magna CDRi should be about 6.5L to 6.8L on road(need to be well below 7L).

I was about to pay the booking amount of 50k but on rethinking thought better to wait till prices are out. Good if ASTA is available about or below 7.5L -else I think the petrol 1.4 variant should be the one for me to go with.
Currently, the 1.2 Asta is 6.1 lakh on road, here in Kolkata.

I think (and hope) that the 1.4 CRDi will be within 7.1 lakh on Road.
AbhiJ is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 18:17   #230
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I bet you re comparing to the jazz
Lol, no! Comparing to the Jazz it goes from not a bad deal to a great deal. But I honestly feel if you can get the top end with 6 airbags, sunroof, etc. for under Rs. 8 L OTR it will sell!
CarsPG is offline  
Old 6th July 2009, 22:29   #231
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 448
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Oh no no no! Not again! can you fiat fans please keep the fiat praising to the dedicated fiat threads? This is a hyundai i20 thread.

I am not a Fiat Fan nor an i20 Fan Infact waiting to take delivery of My getz Crdi which is already booked & feel that Hyundai wants to push an i20 to me by delaying the delivery of Getz. Hence eagerly waiting for the i20 Crdi Pricing. IMO the pricing of Getz can not be matched by any other Hatch.

I praised bravo just because of it specs. I sure you will also apreciate a hatch with the kind of specs it has.

Cheers!

Last edited by kiren : 6th July 2009 at 22:32.
kiren is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 09:25   #232
BHPian
 
rejeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Today is the supposed launch day. Waiting for the news - and for some
rejeen is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 09:38   #233
BHPian
 
schitre05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Today is the day!
I hope hyundai plays its cards well and gives us all a reason to cheer!
schitre05 is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 09:49   #234
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 769
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yeah great idea..They should even add petes and sell it at 4.5 lacs on road.
Dude! I'm saying that they should either keep the Getz CRDI either well below 7L or add basic features (I'm not talking about even accessories like audio system). FYI, Getz CRDI was above 7L OTR Bangalore when I set my eyes on it and found out that they didn't have anything in offer except the engine. No alloys, no audio system, no rear wiper, no ABS, no EBD, no air bags. Forget all the new gadgets that come nowadays in a premium car. I also stood corrected when somebody pointed out to me that they are now selling it at huge discount.

BTW, top end i20 with 1.4 CRDI should be within 8.3 if they are interested in selling this car. Beyond that, I really doubt if anyone would even look at it. But I still have a gut feeling that they would either touch 8.3L or remove features from it.

Last edited by opendro : 7th July 2009 at 09:52.
opendro is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 10:04   #235
BHPian
 
rejeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
FYI, Getz CRDI was above 7L OTR Bangalore

I also stood corrected when somebody pointed out to me that they are now selling it at huge discount.
FYI, the exact price of Getz CRDi was 5.88 OTR 2 weeks back. Not sure if it is still available. I was really interested in that - but when they told about the offer being applicable only to select colors already available in the factory, I got an imression the Getz CRDi is going to be out of production.

Now waiting for the i20 CRDi and hoping the price would be about 7.2L - 7.5L for ASTA with all the features of 1.2L Asta.
rejeen is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 10:20   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
BTW, top end i20 with 1.4 CRDI should be within 8.3 if they are interested in selling this car. Beyond that, I really doubt if anyone would even look at it. But I still have a gut feeling that they would either touch 8.3L or remove features from it.

8.3?? i think anything over 7.5 would be suicide, and 7 for the 2 airbag version.
JayD is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 10:41   #237
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

I heard from a sales guy that they expect a 80K increase from 1.2 petrol, that would make it 7.4/7.7 for Asta/Asta(o).

I am in a bit of confusion about which to buy. I find the 1.2 to be a bit underpowered, so my option is the 1.4 petrol(if they launch it) or the 1.4 diesel. Due to the excise benefit, I see both of them at roughly the same price. My driving is around 500 km a month. I know that the diesel does not make financial sense as the fuel savings do not offset the premium that you pay for the engine. But in a case like this, if the premium is not that high, the financial aspect is not that important and it comes down to things like performance, driveability, refinement etc. My question is, is there any reason other than financial that a diesel is inappropriate for low usage?
jaganm is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 10:45   #238
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 769
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
8.3?? i think anything over 7.5 would be suicide, and 7 for the 2 airbag version.
Why not 8.3? Jazz without curtain air bags, sun roof, alloys, fog lamps cost more than that. i20 diesel cheaper than jazz petrol can surely happen and 8.3L is still within that limit. Let's wait for a while for the price to come out.
opendro is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 11:15   #239
BHPian
 
babhishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: KOLKATA
Posts: 315
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Currently, the 1.2 Asta is 6.1 lakh on road, here in Kolkata.

I think (and hope) that the 1.4 CRDi will be within 7.1 lakh on Road.
That's for the Asta version with 2 airbags - add 30k more for the ASTA (O).

I guess 7.4 should be the fully loaded CRDi, and 7 for the ASTA with 2 airbags.
babhishek is offline  
Old 7th July 2009, 11:24   #240
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,271
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Dude! I'm saying that they should either keep the Getz CRDI either well below 7L or add basic features (I'm not talking about even accessories like audio system). FYI, Getz CRDI was above 7L OTR Bangalore when I set my eyes on it and found out that they didn't have anything in offer except the engine. No alloys, no audio system, no rear wiper, no ABS, no EBD, no air bags. Forget all the new gadgets that come nowadays in a premium car. I also stood corrected when somebody pointed out to me that they are now selling it at huge discount.
Gadzooks, was the Getz CRDI OTR so high? My neighbour bought one a year back for 6.1 lacs OTR, and now the prices are around 50 K cheaper.
vnabhi is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped! Motoringlover Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 18th August 2017 11:36
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 637 2nd September 2014 19:55
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI EDIT: Now Launched geeash The Indian Car Scene 80 7th July 2009 18:50
Optra - Petrol 1.6 v/s diesel 2.0 EDIT : Now booked Magnum Diesel manaa45 Sedans 33 13th June 2008 17:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks