Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th July 2009, 15:11   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Me too cannot ditch GP. Fell in love already, but if 6 Bags, Glass roof, 90HP oil burner well under 7l then? Confused
I'm sure it will be well over Rs. 7 L OTR! Even it is Rs. 8 L OTR it is not a bad deal in my opinion!
Old 6th July 2009, 15:45   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I'm sure it will be well over Rs. 7 L OTR! Even it is Rs. 8 L OTR it is not a bad deal in my opinion!
I bet you re comparing to the jazz
Old 6th July 2009, 16:51   #228
BHPian

I believe the on-road price to be placed between 7.2L and 7.5L for ASTA (not Option)to have better impact on the sales. The Magna CDRi should be about 6.5L to 6.8L on road(need to be well below 7L).

I was about to pay the booking amount of 50k but on rethinking thought better to wait till prices are out. Good if ASTA is available about or below 7.5L -else I think the petrol 1.4 variant should be the one for me to go with.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:13   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
I believe the on-road price to be placed between 7.2L and 7.5L for ASTA (not Option)to have better impact on the sales. The Magna CDRi should be about 6.5L to 6.8L on road(need to be well below 7L).

I was about to pay the booking amount of 50k but on rethinking thought better to wait till prices are out. Good if ASTA is available about or below 7.5L -else I think the petrol 1.4 variant should be the one for me to go with.
Currently, the 1.2 Asta is 6.1 lakh on road, here in Kolkata.

I think (and hope) that the 1.4 CRDi will be within 7.1 lakh on Road.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:17   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I bet you re comparing to the jazz
Lol, no! Comparing to the Jazz it goes from not a bad deal to a great deal. But I honestly feel if you can get the top end with 6 airbags, sunroof, etc. for under Rs. 8 L OTR it will sell!
Old 6th July 2009, 22:29   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Oh no no no! Not again! can you fiat fans please keep the fiat praising to the dedicated fiat threads? This is a hyundai i20 thread.

I am not a Fiat Fan nor an i20 Fan Infact waiting to take delivery of My getz Crdi which is already booked & feel that Hyundai wants to push an i20 to me by delaying the delivery of Getz. Hence eagerly waiting for the i20 Crdi Pricing. IMO the pricing of Getz can not be matched by any other Hatch.

I praised bravo just because of it specs. I sure you will also apreciate a hatch with the kind of specs it has.

Cheers!

Last edited by kiren : 6th July 2009 at 22:32.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:25   #232
BHPian

Today is the supposed launch day. Waiting for the news - and for some
Old 7th July 2009, 09:38   #233
BHPian

Today is the day!
I hope hyundai plays its cards well and gives us all a reason to cheer!
Old 7th July 2009, 09:49   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yeah great idea..They should even add petes and sell it at 4.5 lacs on road.
Dude! I'm saying that they should either keep the Getz CRDI either well below 7L or add basic features (I'm not talking about even accessories like audio system). FYI, Getz CRDI was above 7L OTR Bangalore when I set my eyes on it and found out that they didn't have anything in offer except the engine. No alloys, no audio system, no rear wiper, no ABS, no EBD, no air bags. Forget all the new gadgets that come nowadays in a premium car. I also stood corrected when somebody pointed out to me that they are now selling it at huge discount.

BTW, top end i20 with 1.4 CRDI should be within 8.3 if they are interested in selling this car. Beyond that, I really doubt if anyone would even look at it. But I still have a gut feeling that they would either touch 8.3L or remove features from it.

Last edited by opendro : 7th July 2009 at 09:52.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:04   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
FYI, Getz CRDI was above 7L OTR Bangalore

I also stood corrected when somebody pointed out to me that they are now selling it at huge discount.
FYI, the exact price of Getz CRDi was 5.88 OTR 2 weeks back. Not sure if it is still available. I was really interested in that - but when they told about the offer being applicable only to select colors already available in the factory, I got an imression the Getz CRDi is going to be out of production.

Now waiting for the i20 CRDi and hoping the price would be about 7.2L - 7.5L for ASTA with all the features of 1.2L Asta.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:20   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, top end i20 with 1.4 CRDI should be within 8.3 if they are interested in selling this car. Beyond that, I really doubt if anyone would even look at it. But I still have a gut feeling that they would either touch 8.3L or remove features from it.

8.3?? i think anything over 7.5 would be suicide, and 7 for the 2 airbag version.
Old 7th July 2009, 10:41   #237
BHPian

I heard from a sales guy that they expect a 80K increase from 1.2 petrol, that would make it 7.4/7.7 for Asta/Asta(o).

I am in a bit of confusion about which to buy. I find the 1.2 to be a bit underpowered, so my option is the 1.4 petrol(if they launch it) or the 1.4 diesel. Due to the excise benefit, I see both of them at roughly the same price. My driving is around 500 km a month. I know that the diesel does not make financial sense as the fuel savings do not offset the premium that you pay for the engine. But in a case like this, if the premium is not that high, the financial aspect is not that important and it comes down to things like performance, driveability, refinement etc. My question is, is there any reason other than financial that a diesel is inappropriate for low usage?
Old 7th July 2009, 10:45   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
8.3?? i think anything over 7.5 would be suicide, and 7 for the 2 airbag version.
Why not 8.3? Jazz without curtain air bags, sun roof, alloys, fog lamps cost more than that. i20 diesel cheaper than jazz petrol can surely happen and 8.3L is still within that limit. Let's wait for a while for the price to come out.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:15   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Currently, the 1.2 Asta is 6.1 lakh on road, here in Kolkata.

I think (and hope) that the 1.4 CRDi will be within 7.1 lakh on Road.
That's for the Asta version with 2 airbags - add 30k more for the ASTA (O).

I guess 7.4 should be the fully loaded CRDi, and 7 for the ASTA with 2 airbags.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:24   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude! I'm saying that they should either keep the Getz CRDI either well below 7L or add basic features (I'm not talking about even accessories like audio system). FYI, Getz CRDI was above 7L OTR Bangalore when I set my eyes on it and found out that they didn't have anything in offer except the engine. No alloys, no audio system, no rear wiper, no ABS, no EBD, no air bags. Forget all the new gadgets that come nowadays in a premium car. I also stood corrected when somebody pointed out to me that they are now selling it at huge discount.
Gadzooks, was the Getz CRDI OTR so high? My neighbour bought one a year back for 6.1 lacs OTR, and now the prices are around 50 K cheaper.
Closed Thread