Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 16:09   #571
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
How is it possible!! its exshowroom price as per hyundai is 6.84 and tax + insurance is all 36K?? SOmething is missing big time again.

When did you enquire the prices? This would be a great buy if they are selling at that price onroad!!
well it was last wednesday, they didnot had any td vehicle but were just parking the came model on display, ill post the pictures along here of the model i saw and the price was quoted by that sales executive, though he might be wrong too, will check out again this wednesday and confirm the pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Diesel and 1.4 petrol EDIT: Now Launched..!!!-08072009147.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Diesel and 1.4 petrol EDIT: Now Launched..!!!-08072009148.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Diesel and 1.4 petrol EDIT: Now Launched..!!!-08072009149.jpg  

vijaythacker is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 19:41   #572
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i think they are currently manufacturing for only export models on their assembly lines. and i think they are importing the engines from Korea. the idea behind must be " lets put the petrol auto model out lets see if we can find some suckers" hey if it flops then export the limited stock to UK whatever".
Even I heard that the engines are imported from Korea and form quite a significant part of price of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
The sales person at Advaith did confirm that the 1.4 petrol manual version will be coming by the next quarter.
Thats what I am feel. Hope sanity prevails and they launch a manual version of 1.4 Petrol. Till then I'll wait and of course take a few test drives.
hiren.mistry is online now  
Old 13th July 2009, 21:54   #573
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
How is it possible!! its exshowroom price as per hyundai is 6.84 and tax + insurance is all 36K?? SOmething is missing big time again.

When did you enquire the prices? This would be a great buy if they are selling at that price onroad!!
One can get the i20 Asta CRDi for 7.3 lakh on road here in Kolkata
AbhiJ is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 13:00   #574
BHPian
 
dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Wonder what is the road tax percentage then??

If it is 7.3 on road in culcutta and exshow room is say 6.8, and insurance is atleast 15K, is the road tax just 30 K? It would be just close to 4.5%.. It is 13% in Bangalore!!

How I wish I could get my car registered at below 5% tax!
dash is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 13:43   #575
BHPian
 
patil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shorapur
Posts: 344
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

I purchased the I 20 CRDI ASTA O with Sunroof yesterday. The car is white in color. I got the vehicle from Venkateshwara Hyundai in Gulbarga, Karnataka.
I initially wanted to buy a petrol I 20 but due to delay in delivery i cancelled it. Now after the diesel was launched i inquired with the delear and within 2 days he confirmed to me that he can give the delivery in a week. I was happy and surprised as the delears in bangalore told me that it will take at least 2 months for delivery.
Yesterday morning the sales guy called me telling me that the vehicle had come to the showroom and i can go there to inspect the vehicle. So i went to the showroom in the afternoon to have a look at the vehicle. Midway i decided to take delivery on that day only and told the sales guy to do temporary registration etc. By the time i reached the showroom it was about 3:30 PM and i was supposed to take delivery between 4 and 6 PM as the time was auspicious. I took delivery at about 5 PM and i drove back to my place for a distance of about 110 kms.
The engine is smooth and silent. The stearing is however very light and needs a little getting used to. The ride quality is reasonably good and the handling is not too good. However the suspension tends to make a little noise while going over potholes. I was unhappy with that fact. However the climate control was good and we never felt that the ac was on. The glove box cooling is not so effective though. The sunroof works smoothly and is a good feature. The tilt function of the sunroof works like a spoiler for the car. The car i bought has discs on all wheels. The rest of the features are similar to the top end petrol varient. This all the feedback i can give as of now. I could not upload any photos as i dont know the procedure for uploading photos.

Last edited by patil : 14th July 2009 at 13:46.
patil is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 14:08   #576
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
If it is 7.3 on road in culcutta and exshow room is say 6.8, and insurance is atleast 15K, is the road tax just 30 K? It would be just close to 4.5%.. It is 13% in Bangalore!!

How I wish I could get my car registered at below 5% tax!
well not very sure but banglore has highest tax rate to other cities, may be thats the reason of higher on road price.Even in ahmedabad i was quoted 7.2L for Asta crdi.
vijaythacker is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 14:28   #577
BHPian
 
dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Hearty Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I purchased the I 20 CRDI ASTA O with Sunroof yesterday. The car is white in color. I got the vehicle from Venkateshwara Hyundai in Gulbarga, Karnataka.
I initially wanted to buy a petrol I 20 but due to delay in delivery i cancelled it. Now after the diesel was launched i inquired with the delear and within 2 days he confirmed to me that he can give the delivery in a week. I was happy and surprised as the delears in bangalore told me that it will take at least 2 months for delivery.
Yesterday morning the sales guy called me telling me that the vehicle had come to the showroom and i can go there to inspect the vehicle. So i went to the showroom in the afternoon to have a look at the vehicle. Midway i decided to take delivery on that day only and told the sales guy to do temporary registration etc. By the time i reached the showroom it was about 3:30 PM and i was supposed to take delivery between 4 and 6 PM as the time was auspicious. I took delivery at about 5 PM and i drove back to my place for a distance of about 110 kms.
The engine is smooth and silent. The stearing is however very light and needs a little getting used to. The ride quality is reasonably good and the handling is not too good. However the suspension tends to make a little noise while going over potholes. I was unhappy with that fact. However the climate control was good and we never felt that the ac was on. The glove box cooling is not so effective though. The sunroof works smoothly and is a good feature. The tilt function of the sunroof works like a spoiler for the car. The car i bought has discs on all wheels. The rest of the features are similar to the top end petrol varient. This all the feedback i can give as of now. I could not upload any photos as i dont know the procedure for uploading photos.
You must be the first one in team bhp to have got a CRDi i20 delivered . Why do you say handling is not good? Is it because of the steering? Few people had suggested wider tyres may help. Any way good luck with you car and looking forward for additional ownership review.
dash is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 17:17   #578
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I purchased the I 20 CRDI ASTA O with Sunroof yesterday. The car is white in color. I got the vehicle from Venkateshwara Hyundai in Gulbarga, Karnataka.
I initially wanted to buy a petrol I 20 but due to delay in delivery i cancelled it. Now after the diesel was launched i inquired with the delear and within 2 days he confirmed to me that he can give the delivery in a week. I was happy and surprised as the delears in bangalore told me that it will take at least 2 months for delivery.
Yesterday morning the sales guy called me telling me that the vehicle had come to the showroom and i can go there to inspect the vehicle. So i went to the showroom in the afternoon to have a look at the vehicle. Midway i decided to take delivery on that day only and told the sales guy to do temporary registration etc. By the time i reached the showroom it was about 3:30 PM and i was supposed to take delivery between 4 and 6 PM as the time was auspicious. I took delivery at about 5 PM and i drove back to my place for a distance of about 110 kms.
The engine is smooth and silent. The stearing is however very light and needs a little getting used to. The ride quality is reasonably good and the handling is not too good. However the suspension tends to make a little noise while going over potholes. I was unhappy with that fact. However the climate control was good and we never felt that the ac was on. The glove box cooling is not so effective though. The sunroof works smoothly and is a good feature. The tilt function of the sunroof works like a spoiler for the car. The car i bought has discs on all wheels. The rest of the features are similar to the top end petrol varient. This all the feedback i can give as of now. I could not upload any photos as i dont know the procedure for uploading photos.
Hey man congrats! Go start a thread as soon as possible. Uploading pics can be done along with the post it self.
ShyamSCrdi is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 20:18   #579
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 1,205 Times
Default Wow... Congrats



It just happened? Wow, this is great news. Please put up photos and detailed ownership experience.

Your opinion would play an important role in tilting people towards or away from i20
MAS is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 20:54   #580
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

just one question ?
the difference in price of diesel i20 and petrol i20 is 1.25L. Is the diesel engine worth that much premium ? Comparing it to punto and swift the difference in the two engine options is 55K & 65K respectively.
vikas44 is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 21:20   #581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On The Net
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas44 View Post
just one question ?
the difference in price of diesel i20 and petrol i20 is 1.25L. Is the diesel engine worth that much premium ? Comparing it to punto and swift the difference in the two engine options is 55K & 65K respectively.
IMHO, we could have had a realistic comparison if there was 1.4 petrol manual. Right now, we are comparing the prices of 1.2 petrol with that of 1.4 diesel.
pmbabu is online now  
Old 14th July 2009, 21:32   #582
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas44 View Post
just one question ?
the difference in price of diesel i20 and petrol i20 is 1.25L. Is the diesel engine worth that much premium ? Comparing it to punto and swift the difference in the two engine options is 55K & 65K respectively.
Dont forget, 12% additional excise going straight to govt. Thats about 70k and add another 55k for auto tranny!
aseem is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 23:49   #583
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Test drive of 1.4 petrol?

Has anyone on the forum test driven the 1.4 petrol? I'm dying to read how it performs. I've spoken to Shreenath Hyundai but they still dont have the 1.4 yet.
hiren.mistry is online now  
Old 15th July 2009, 00:18   #584
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Yup!!
I'm looking forward to booking the 1.4 petrol i20 in September!

Any reviews or TD reports and I'm all hers!
sohail99 is offline  
Old 15th July 2009, 00:45   #585
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Dont forget, 12% additional excise going straight to govt. Thats about 70k and add another 55k for auto tranny!
The 1.4l diesel qualifies for excise exemption just like 1.2l petrol. So, no justifications for such a huge price difference.
While I felt the 1.2l is priced OK considering the huge array of features including safety, the 1.4 CRDI is highly overpriced IMO !
lancer_rit is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped! Motoringlover Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 18th August 2017 11:36
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 637 2nd September 2014 19:55
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Scoop: Hyundai i20 CRDI EDIT: Now Launched geeash The Indian Car Scene 80 7th July 2009 18:50
Optra - Petrol 1.6 v/s diesel 2.0 EDIT : Now booked Magnum Diesel manaa45 Sedans 33 13th June 2008 17:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks