Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th August 2009, 19:42   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
So now, he does his driving but his 55 yr old tired feet trouble him all the more with the frequent clutching and breaking thats needed in bumper-to-bumper traffic situations. Tackling heavy traffic situations everyday was becoming quite troublesome for him and only adding to his toxicity gathered all day at work. The kind of person my dad is , (workoholic enough to affect his health, already diabetic)..we didnot want something as stupid as daily city driving to add to his fatigue.
I perfectly understand your reasons for buying an AT for your dad. So did you TD the i20 AT? I ask this because you also had concerns about the lack of peppiness of the Punto 1.4.

(i20 AT isn't available for TDs - at least in Bangalore.)
Old 12th August 2009, 21:20   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I perfectly understand your reasons for buying an AT for your dad. So did you TD the i20 AT? I ask this because you also had concerns about the lack of peppiness of the Punto 1.4.

(i20 AT isn't available for TDs - at least in Bangalore.)

no i still havnt. Honestly there just wasnt anytime ..in a way. What i mean is, there were ABSOLUTELY NO TALKS IN THE HOUSE criticizing the punto or not even the smallest of hints of giving it away. We all just knew the fact that though its a wonderful car its not meeting with my dads primary needs, for the sake of his health. Until few weeks ago there WAS no hatch in the market which would be luxurious yet have an auto tranny. Besides that ,all of it (giving the punto and booking the i20) happened so abruptly. it took all of us by shock. within a span of 15mins , the punto was gone and an i20 was booked ! As far as peppiness is concerned, well im just taking heart from the fact that it atleast has an a/t which would really make things a lot easier. Add to that a 100hp engine with the net weight of the car a bit lower than the GP. That should improve the power : weight margin of the car substantially over the i20 1.2 as well as the punto ( as its heavier with 10bhp less on the 1.4). Hence, i reckon that if these factors still dont make the car "peppy" to drive ,atleast itl b far from sluggish with no clutch brake problems & at the end of the day , money dosnt matter much as long as whatever u invest your hard earned money in, gives you peace of mind. Yes this car obviously isnt cheap but its serving the purpose Hoping my dad would come home with atleast 20% more energy sustained than usual.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:06   #618
BANNED

congratulations on your i20 acquisition, would be good to hear your experience of both itilian as well as korean 1.4 engine reports, open your new thread and keep posting there.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:27   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
congratulations on your i20 acquisition, would be good to hear your experience of both itilian as well as korean 1.4 engine reports, open your new thread and keep posting there.

yup i will...just waiting for the i20 to arrive as of now
Old 14th August 2009, 13:14   #620
BHPian

Just got a call from Trident Sankey Road. They have a Silky Beige color 1.4 Petrol AT i20 available for immediately delivery.

Since I am waiting for only blue (my preference) or white (my wife's preference), I've declined it and consequently I've also lost the opportunity and privilege to be the first i20 AT owner in Bangalore and t-bhp.

Hope somebody from t-bhp picks it up.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:25   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
have booked an i20 asta 1.4 a/t petrol 2 weeks ago ! owned a brand new punto emotion pack 1.4 petrol before booking this 1. gave it to a colleague for reasons. while some mite even be shocked, i have many reasons which i would gladly share is someone is curious enough But for now, am quite excited and waiting eagerly for the arrival of that 100hp monster. (by hatch standards)
ive been thinking about the i20 A/T, but no detailed report of it here in the forum, and hyundai doesnt offer a TD of it. Do post a detailed report whevever possible, especially on the performance of the 1.4. By the way what colour are you getting?
sachin.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:08   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
ive been thinking about the i20 A/T, but no detailed report of it here in the forum, and hyundai doesnt offer a TD of it. Do post a detailed report whevever possible, especially on the performance of the 1.4. By the way what colour are you getting?
sachin.

yup i surely plan to post a detailed report when i get the car. (there is a big "WHEN".....delivery time is supposed to be quite long) . Anyway as far as colour is concerned , its either blue or white...me & my parents couldnt land in on 1 particular colour as, though we liked both , white being the safest bet and easy to maintain, is way too common on our streets and also many private taxis are white and about blue, though unique ,glossy and nice to look at, looses its sparkle over time as its a dark colour. hard to maintain comparitively. So we decided, whichever is available first of the 2, we take that 1. ( i personally like blue better than white as (1) the i20 blue is really unique and cool enough (2) my civic is white so already have 1 white car)
Old 14th August 2009, 14:10   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
Just got a call from Trident Sankey Road. They have a Silky Beige color 1.4 Petrol AT i20 available for immediately delivery.

Since I am waiting for only blue (my preference) or white (my wife's preference), I've declined it and consequently I've also lost the opportunity and privilege to be the first i20 AT owner in Bangalore and t-bhp.

Hope somebody from t-bhp picks it up.

well well, i am waiting for white or blue as well....1.4 a/t in my case too. Looks like Mumbai and Bangalore are going to get their first i20 1.4s on the roads soon enough
Old 14th August 2009, 15:20   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
ive been thinking about the i20 A/T, but no detailed report of it here in the forum, and hyundai doesnt offer a TD of it.
Hyundai doesn't offer a test drive or the dealers don't have a test drive demo to offer?
Old 14th August 2009, 17:25   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Hyundai doesn't offer a test drive or the dealers don't have a test drive demo to offer?

As far as my knowledge goes, its the same issues that the Fiat dealers had with offering TDs for the punto soon after it launched.something to do with RTO clearance and all that.This coupled with the fact that not many cars have yet been released by Hyundai at Chennai. Majority cars are still being sent for export and a few lots in between are distributed to dealers all across the country. Now i dont know whether they will be sent by preferance (big cities 1st followed by towns) or in random order. Its not 100% information.Heard it from somewhere. I dont think Hyundai has any issues

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 14th August 2009 at 17:29.
Old 14th August 2009, 21:43   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
seems like they launched 1.4 Petrol AT prematurely while they were not prepared for it. they probably wanted to save cost of advertising, so they combined the 1.4AT launch with 1.4 CRDI launch.

When I saw the paper ad on July 27th and went for TD, they had the CRDIs for TD but not the 1.4 ATs. They had all the spec sheets and price lists, so they were prepared for bookings, but not for TD and quick delivery.

Even few delivered CRDIs had to get temporary registration because they had not streamlined the RTO process of registration of that vehicle. I would expect the same problems with 1.4 Petrol AT too unless they have ironed out the process for both CRDI and 1.4 Petrol by now.

I have asked Trident Sankey Road to let me know if they register that 1.4AT vehicle I declined (bcos of color) as TD car, so that I and many others in Bangalore can atleast test-drive an i20 AT.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:21   #627
BANNED

i went today to the hyundai dealership here in Ludhiana, and asked for i20 A/T, the slaes person said A.T is only avalible on orders and no TD for the same.
looks like they dont have A/T TD cars all around the country.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:53   #628
BHPian

called HMP (hyundai motor plaza) ap lower parel, they have an i20 A/T for TD, but it will be ready in 3 days as its gone for registration.
Old 18th August 2009, 14:11   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw more i20s than Puntos during my 2 day travel to mid-kerala.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:56   #630
BHPian

Default Spotted my first i20 AT

I spotted a white i20 AT last night. Was a KA01 registered car. Anyone from TBHP? If so, please post an initial ownership report. So far no one has been able to get even TDs of this variant.
Closed Thread