Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 10th June 2009, 15:01   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Jazz ; H got it all ! even the pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
8 lakhs for a hatch.
If this one succeeds, the Mercedes A class and BMW 1 series should enter.
IIRC Merc A Class would cost 12lac OTR or so right; based on some survey I read.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:02   #497
BHPian

Hyundai would be most thrilled over this pricing! They know what to price for the I30 when it gets there.

I have often wondered why Maruti doesnt make slightly bigger hatches.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:06   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Hyundai would be most thrilled over this pricing! They know what to price for the I30 when it gets there.

I have often wondered why Maruti doesnt make slightly bigger hatches.
Maruti..hatches...hello !

They are trying to

alto > a star > estillo > wagon r> swift > ritz > bigtz?
Old 10th June 2009, 15:13   #499
Team-BHP Support

I expect to see this one claim all the awards from the auto journos stating the most VFM hatch in its category, and why one misses out a lot if one skips this product from their evaluations and considerations. Then ofcourse there will be the people who would say parking is a premium, and so who wants a sedan anyway, when i get everything in this super-duper hatch.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:13   #500
BHPian

Is All Japanese Car maker trying to make max profit from Indian Market.
Yday Toyota showed a gave a Big shock with LC today it was from HONDA
Old 10th June 2009, 15:14   #501
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Alright, now we know that Jazz pricing is over the top. Can someone predict what numbers they may sell in the first 6 months?

I am sure this curve will be steep in first 2 months then plunge drastically
Mobike008 - the prediction was already made here in this very thread much earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
If there arent many in numbers now, trust me with launch of Jazz you can surely expect 3k per month on the sales chart. We can revisit my post in a few months time and see if I hit the nail on its head.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:15   #502
BHPian

For the last few weeks, I was feeling a little sad for Honda, the car company, after the fiasco they had exiting Formula 1 and seeing their car (Brawn) sweep all before them. But after seeing this kind of outrageous pricing, any trace of sympathy for them has vanished.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:16   #503
BHPian

City : BANGALORE

Jazz : Rs. 715,000

Jazz Mode : Rs. 30,000 additional over Jazz

Jazz Active : Rs. 35,000 additional over Jazz

All are ex-showroom price, add another 60-70K for insurance, road-tax, etc. That brings its value to almost 8L. This is audacity from Honda, it is so steeply priced, by god!
I though of maybe would do an exchange offer of my Getz Prime with Jazz but now I think I won't. Plan cancelled.
I just apolozised my car for thinking of selling it.

Jazz woundnt sell much for sure until they reduce the price to some saner levels.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:17   #504
BHPian

Hi,

I think this is the first time ever in my life I saw a car before it was officially unveiled to the public, I was at Linkway Honda 12 pm sharp and is when the Maroon Jazz comes to the showroom. The car was officially unveiled and 1 pm and the prices were not disclosed as they had taken the price list to siddivinayak.

I like the car, they have done a good job. It is spacious, interiors are good as in the dash board and the quality, music system is 6 cd changer MP3/WMA, sounds really good, Boot is spacious (i should say decent space) Interior lighting is also good, the best was the parking lights on the front looks really lookl. Music system control on the steering wheel (I dont have in my civic ), and enough space in the back and the cabin.

I dont know what is the final road price but whatever it is they should have included alloy wheels and leather seats, as there is only 1 version they are selling in the market.

I think they will do well in the market as lot of people will go with the H badge, One more thing the car reminds me of A-130 Mercedes Benz (very identical to that).

Cheers.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:18   #505
Senior - BHPian

This is the website for the most premium hatch available in the country-

Convenience - Front & Rear Seat Adjustable 'Heatrest'
Old 10th June 2009, 15:18   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maruti..hatches...hello !

They are trying to

alto > a star > estillo > wagon r> swift > ritz > bigtz?
I really wish.. A much bigger one than Swift/Ritz. Jazz killer!!
Old 10th June 2009, 15:29   #507
Senior - BHPian

Went to Honda site to get more details and be sure about how the car is.

1) Wheelbase is as much as G2HC i.e. NHC, 2500mm. GC is just 160mm. What can we expect from this premium hatch with premium pricing ? The first test of this low GC with long wheelbase will be done in the monsoon that is nearing its arrival.

2) Looks : Reminded me of A-Class some how. I dont know if others felt the same way or not, but from certain angles, it looks like the design is copied from A-class.

3) The rear suspension in dependent and not independent as the car based on G3HC not. For a car costing so much, I think independent rear suspension must be offered as its premium hatch.

4) Correct me if I am wrong, but from the features list at official honda website, I was not able to spot Automatic Climate Control. I think for such an expenisve premium hatch this must be offered.

It will have to fight Fabia at one end, which is a nice refined car that truly feels premium. At the other end it will be facing I20 and upto some extent Ritz also. Lets see how Honda fares.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th June 2009 at 15:30.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:32   #508
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Review uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.
Closed Thread