Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th June 2005, 15:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vack on your ride.

What options did you go in for the Porsche? Anything beyond the standard kit? Also if you can comment on the ride quality it'd be great.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 20:32   #47
BHPian

hey rev.... well the options u get are the sports chrono package... ive put in ceramic brakes on my ride.. gives it that better grip and better braking... other than that nothing really... music system is a top of the line bose speaker system... i dont really think there is anything else.. ill get back to u if there is... the ride quality is awesome... the noise of the engine is even better... its got a really hard ride like a proper sports car... its like you can feel the road... however you cant really tell how fast you are going... the problem however is that if u arent goin that fast, u can feel every bump on the road... if you are driving fast, well u pretty much fly over the bumps...

Last edited by Vack : 7th June 2005 at 20:35.
Vack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 21:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

well one question how long you have been driving at 192....and how good do you think you are...i have driven fast too...192kmph is what i do in my baleno...need no porsche to do that...like rudra aptly says "understanding comes with time(age)"

Last edited by Dippy : 7th June 2005 at 22:24.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 22:10   #49
BHPian

guys lets not get into a flame-war here...its his porsche...his life...
he's got the horses to play with...let him enjoy...
but the fact everyone here is trying to tell u is that 192 kph is not meant for city streets.
take it out on the expressway. go full throttle. n try to touch 250. i think it would be elec. limited to that?
btw, we all want some pics. my desktop is lacking a wallpaper. the porsche would help
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 22:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so he did it once. Yup, that was a very dangerous move. He's already said that he won't repeat it within city limits. So, lets just get back to talking about the car.

Anyway speaking of Porsche, i think some of you might remember the last time i was in B'bay, there was this Porsche that came right in front of us (at sea face) and accelerated. I don't remember who all were there with me cos i think some of the guys had gone for a drive in Rehaan's Accent when this happened.

Boy that was fun.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 7th June 2005 at 23:02.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 22:58   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I can see what Vack's trying to say. A super car has such awesome grip, braking and aero that you never really feel the speed.
I did 225 kays in my M3 inside Detroit city and I backed off only after I saw the speedo (and it scared me).
Till then the the car itself was steady as a rock and I could feel the downforce that made sure the car did'nt go light.....I had no freakin idea I was going THAT fast. The other thing is that it gets there in a matter of seconds.
Same speed in a Civic (lets say it was supercharged) and I'd be a nervous wreck.
I'm not endorsing this type of driving (for that matter I have'nt driven on Marine Drive) but what I'm saying is that if an M3 can make me feel that confident, a brand new porsche can do better.

Last edited by Mpower : 7th June 2005 at 23:09.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 23:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Anyway speaking of Porsche, i think some of you might remember the last time i was in B'bay, there was this Porsche that came right in front of us (at sea face) and accelerated. I don't remember who all were there with me cos i think some of the guys had gone for a drive in Rehaan's Accent when this happened.

Boy that was fun.

Shan2nu
Damn, brought back sweet memories. It was a black 996 C4S, my first Porsche sighting, and man I was in love. After that I started becoming a regular on Saturday nights.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 23:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

hey vack dude...comeon man ppl are just trying to give you some advice so that you and your car is safe...its up to you to pay heed to it or not...here on team-bhp we are like a family..and u need to respect ppl and ppl will respect you..ofcourse owning a car like porche automatically increases your respect...but guys like iceman have have always helped us with so many times about our cars...and he surely knows his cars well..and i m sure he has had many 200+ moments with his e-zen and 1.8 souped up baleno and the killer civic and the superbikes he has ridden ,he and others are talking only with experience...and hope to see you and your supercar in any team-bhp rides/drives in the future.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 23:32   #54
BHPian

hey amit... the pictures of the porsche are up... but not such good quality, just have to get my digi cam sorted.... sorry bout that..
iceman, im very happy for you and your baleno, but as Mpower pointed out, the braking, handling etc of the porsche is unbelievable... so for me i dont feel anythin... infact, we should be talking to you about your 190+ expierence in a Baleno.... you better watch yourself!!!! and also safety, the porsche has everything that personifies safety... i have ceramic brakes first of all, second i have 4 airbags, third i have PSM what more do i need... oh yeah, i shouldnt forget seatbelts...if you are saying that your doing 190 in your baleno, i think fellow bhpians should be having a word or two with you!
heavy foot, its not about respect... and i dont think that i should deserve any more respect than anyone else just because i own a porsche... at the end of the day, im just another car fanatic like everyone else here!!! and once again, im telling you guys i wont go that fast within city limits!!!
Old 7th June 2005, 23:41   #55
Team-BHP Support

A small reminder from moderator: This thread is going OK at the moment. Please try to keep it like this without any personal attacks on members.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 00:28   #56
BHPian

i do apologize for any remarks which i made that might have offended anyone... its non-intentional.. sorry...
Old 8th June 2005, 01:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
just chill out man people are just trying to give you some advise to keep you and others on the street safe.so just chill out.you got a wonderful life and a wonderful car just keep things that way and dont mess it up.

chill out once again

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 02:27   #58
BHPian

haha im the chilled one here... but anywyas... lets just get back to the topic we all love, that is, CARS!!
Old 8th June 2005, 14:18   #59
BHPian

vack, i need one favour dude.
the satnav that u talked abt. does it work at all in india. i have heard that u have to subscribe to some paid service in order to recieve data.
btw some interior pics would be cool. n how abt a pic of her heart ( )
and i dont see the rims in the pics u gave us.

in short, 2 pictures for a Carrera S???? we need more dude.
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 15:41   #60
BHPian

ya i know... but as i have already explained i have to get my camera sorted cause i lost the charger.... as soon as i get my new camera ill get some more pics up... the satnav doesnt really work in india.. they have developed it... but i think its probably only in delhi or something cause i remember hearing that it is in delhi... but not in bombay atleast...