Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th June 2005, 15:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
If Swift does not have any close competition in its segment, this wont affect much or I guess it will happen
It's not a question of competition. It might sell well- but this sort of thing undermines the credibility. You can't say something one day and change it to something else the next day. And by no stretch of imagination is 10 days a "reasonable" time.

I've already booked the car earlier but I bet some people -who were prospective buyer/bookers in June/July -might delay it by a few more months or might not book at all.

I think they(folks at Maruti)played their card too soon.
imjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 15:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
prospective buyer/bookers in June/July -might delay it by a few more months or might not book at all.

If they do not have an effective alternative, they need to stick with SWIFT. I thought this way it is not going to affect their sales.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote