2. Why advertise?

Any pointer to that law?
deb_majumdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 17:21   #17
BANNED

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I am the one who is in not favour of any kind of dealer name anywhere in my car. Why should I put their name on my car as I am the sole owner of car.
I want ot share this opinion. I remember how differed TASP really screwed my indica's back side with different colored radium.

However i took a strong stand thereon, so no sticker even on my new indica. I also instruct service guy "Do Not put any stickers anywhere on my car"
idea1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 17:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I am the one who is in not favour of any kind of dealer name anywhere in my car. Why should I put their name on my car as I am the sole owner of car.

Once after servicing one service centre puts it stickers on headlights, rear windscreen, front windscreen. I asked them if you want to put these stickers on my car with your service centre's name you have to pay 2000 Rs per stickers for 6 months to me. It is termed as advertising and I cannot advertise your service centre for free. Looking after this three more owners asked them to remove stickers from their cars.

It is advertising and you owner has all right to get money for that. Its business as they do not render their service for free to me.
Count me on that one.
Anthym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 17:37   #19
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep it is illegal.

But its common practice.

Car owners permission should be taken before name is added to number place.

JMD (skoda) & concorde (TATA) and Wasan (TATA) have not added their name to the number plate on my cars ever.

But they do place their names on the car body. I have got them to remove it at times, but also let them leave it if the service was good.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote