Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 22:45   #61
BHPian
 
Mysticeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 369
Thanked: 347 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Is the Fusion a hatch? Or an SUV? Or something in between? Even Ford doesn't know (if you go by their ads). Is Ford even producing the Fusion anymore? Somehow, I can't accept the Fusion in the same categorisation as other hatchbacks.
Surely rings the bell of the old Superman tag line Would be glad if someone can throw more light into the categorization of Fusion.

However, Fusion categorized under Compact (3400-4000 mm) in the analysis. So where does it stand in terms of sales?
Mysticeyes is offline  
Old 10th June 2009, 23:54   #62
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: Once
Exclamation Honda is unjust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneeshvijayan View Post
Considering FIAT's name in the market 901 lineas/month is still a great achievement. It will be bad if the number goes further down.

From a friend of mine who deals with spare parts, I've learned the headlight assembly of Linea costs just 1600Rs....that means FIAT is gonna gain its name for cheap spare parts. Punto's spares are cheaper than swift spare parts. (parts are already available in the market, surprised ??? Believe it)

Once the word of mouth spreads, Linea sales will pickup for sure.

Raneesh
with you. I dont know why but people are still oblivious of the fact there is a car called Fiat Linea which is available in the market and people still go blindly for the riduculously overpriced Honda City even though it DOESN'T have the following things (when compared to Linea)
:


-Front and Rear Fog lamps
-Steering mounted Bluetooth system
-Climate Control
-Rear AC
-Sun Blind
-3 HEAD RESTS in the back
-Cheaper spare parts (for eg Honda City Headlight assembly costs 4500Rs each whereas Linea's cost just 1600 Rs!)
-Alloy Wheels
-Coded key
-FPS
-Blue and ME

AND people still want to go for a HONDA- bull to the brand name, potential CITY customers open your eyes! There are other cars cheaper and better with equally reliable service- remove the misconception about Fiat and go ahead with the Linea. SAME goes to over priced (nonsensical) JAZZ- buy Grande Punto! Dont be fooled by Honda and its over priced car (for sheer brand name and nothing else you pay a high premium!). Team-BHP members if you all are concerned about why overpricing is EATING up sales of good or better cars, act now! Tell your freinds why Honda City is blindly given a lead in its segment!
autocarcr is offline  
Old 11th June 2009, 05:07   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

C'on Autocar - there are 2 kinds of people in thsi forum - either they like Honda or they just don't

Well, i am the one who bought ANHC after TDing Linea many times. I have my own reason for it, i think people should respect others decision. Looking at the ANHC sales number today, i can comfortably say that mass still belives that ANHC is the better package.

For me bluetooth, alloywheels doesn't matter. What matters me is a well refined engines, performing car, good *** and "BEST REASALE VALUE". I belive ANHC gives me that - However, i never go around and shout others to buy ANHC. Everyone does his own reaserach and takes a decsion. Looking at the niggling issues FIAT has today, i am happy i didn't go with it. I don't have time to go to service station every week.

Finally on pricing - It is like this - though I gat NewPort Jeans for less than 700Rs, i always go with either Pepe/Levis by paying more than 1500 Rs for obious reason.. I am sure most of us here do the same. You pay preimuim for ceratin reasion. To get preimuim value, you will have to develop your brand which Honda has done over the years..
shrinivasap is offline  
Old 11th June 2009, 06:49   #64
BHPian
 
arunpn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nagercoil
Posts: 65
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This analysis has been jointly prepared by GTO + Vasudeva. Many thanks to Vasudeva for the support!

- Overall market down 0.8% year on year (from 141,940 four wheelers to 140,823). Month on month sales up by 3.8% (From 135,697 in April 2009).

Market Share (by manufacturer):

- Maruti 50.3% (+ 5.1 points)
- Hyundai 16.7% (- 0.6 points)
- Tata 13.4% (- 2.8 points)
- M&M 6.0% (- 1.6 points)
- GM 3.6% (- 0.5 points)
- Honda 2.9% (+0.1 points)
----
Lots of hardwork have been put by you people in collecting and compiling this data, but it would be better if you can put the source, so that nobody will try to dispute it
arunpn is offline  
Old 11th June 2009, 07:27   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Thanks for the analysis, GTO & Vasudeva! Is there a way we can find models-wise sales numbers? For example, I would like to know how many WagonR's were moved, and how many Getz CRDi got moved. Is such a data available for the public?
ph03n!x is offline  
Old 11th June 2009, 10:27   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Is the Fusion a hatch? Or an SUV? Or something in between? Even Ford doesn't know (if you go by their ads). Is Ford even producing the Fusion anymore? Somehow, I can't accept the Fusion in the same categorisation as other hatchbacks.
Ford Fusion=Total con"fusion".
sidindica is offline  
Old 11th June 2009, 13:40   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,700
Thanked: 89,120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
Lots of hardwork have been put by you people in collecting and compiling this data, but it would be better if you can put the source, so that nobody will try to dispute it
The SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers). Can't get any more official / accurate than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Is there a way we can find models-wise sales numbers?
Unfortunately, only some manufacturers release this. And that too periodically.
GTO is offline  
Old 12th June 2009, 23:26   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Surely rings the bell of the old Superman tag line Would be glad if someone can throw more light into the categorization of Fusion.

However, Fusion categorized under Compact (3400-4000 mm) in the analysis. So where does it stand in terms of sales?
One of the best driver's car. Especially at high speeds. The handling is superb. At 170+ KMPH the car is rock solid. Better than CRV and Captiva. Only becuase of Ford's marketing this car went in to bottom. When Fusion Launched the Fusion + ABS was only 7.27 lakhs compared to Jazz's 7.49 (Ex showroom HYD) with lot many extra features 5 years back. Ford will be repending now on their marketing stratergy
anumod is offline  
Old 13th June 2009, 13:16   #69
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
with you. I dont know why but people are still oblivious of the fact there is a car called Fiat Linea which is available in the market and people still go blindly for the riduculously overpriced Honda City even though it DOESN'T have the following things (when compared to Linea)
:


-Front and Rear Fog lamps
-Steering mounted Bluetooth system
-Climate Control
-Rear AC
-Sun Blind
-3 HEAD RESTS in the back
-Cheaper spare parts (for eg Honda City Headlight assembly costs 4500Rs each whereas Linea's cost just 1600 Rs!)
-Alloy Wheels
-Coded key
-FPS
-Blue and ME

AND people still want to go for a HONDA- bull to the brand name, potential CITY customers open your eyes! There are other cars cheaper and better with equally reliable service- remove the misconception about Fiat and go ahead with the Linea. SAME goes to over priced (nonsensical) JAZZ- buy Grande Punto! Dont be fooled by Honda and its over priced car (for sheer brand name and nothing else you pay a high premium!). Team-BHP members if you all are concerned about why overpricing is EATING up sales of good or better cars, act now! Tell your freinds why Honda City is blindly given a lead in its segment!
You forgot to add to it Fiat's wordclass A.S.S and excellent past record in India . In time if Fiat can erase the wrong doings from the past you will see the Linea sales pick up. Until that time Fiat will have to be content with playing second fiddle.

IMHO the Indian consumer is quite educated and does a decent amount of research before buying a car. In our forums you will see several (almost all) people have problems with delays in delivery when the Linea was first launched. You will also see several people having issues with A.S.S. of Tata. I've had a lot of issues with both of these but know that I'm not an isolated case. You will see much fewer complaints for Maruti, Hyundai or Honda even though they sell significantly more cars than Fiat! Despite the issues I have face I still feel that the Linea is a bettere car than the Dzire, SX4, AHNC, etc. and if Fiat took care of their sales and A.S.S. they will eventually rise up the sales charts!
CarsPG is offline  
Old 13th June 2009, 14:51   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
In our forums you will see several (almost all) people have problems with delays in delivery when the Linea was first launched.
About delays in delivery, I wonder why no one complains about the 6 months waiting period for Dzire DDiS but there is a flood of complaints about 10 days delay in Linea delivery.

Looks like Linea buyers can't wait to get their hands on their car while the Dzire doesn't quite evoke the feelings of 'I want it now!' in their owners

In a unrelated topic, I read an article on Thursday's Mid-Day that quoted someone from gaadi.com saying that Maruti sold 8,500 Ritz's since launch.

Last edited by amit : 13th June 2009 at 14:53.
amit is offline  
Old 13th June 2009, 15:09   #71
BHPian
 
SilentEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mangalore-Bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
In a unrelated topic, I read an article on Thursday's Mid-Day that quoted someone from gaadi.com saying that Maruti sold 8,500 Ritz's since launch.
That is a good start. If that is true, it would have eaten into i10/Swift sales.
SilentEngine is offline  
Old 13th June 2009, 15:15   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
About delays in delivery, I wonder why no one complains about the 6 months waiting period for Dzire DDiS but there is a flood of complaints about 10 days delay in Linea delivery.

Looks like Linea buyers can't wait to get their hands on their car while the Dzire doesn't quite evoke the feelings of 'I want it now!' in their owners
That very well maybe the reason. In my case I was promised delivery in 2 - 3 weeks but it took them 10 weeks! Not sure if Dzire is the same way? Are the dealers saying 1 month and then taking 6 months or are they truthful about the waiting period?

In any case as far as Linea is considered it is a moot point now as with sales down to only 900 units it is available of the shelf!
CarsPG is offline  
Old 14th June 2009, 11:59   #73
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: Once
Exclamation Honda has just crossed the line with the JAZZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
C'on Autocar - there are 2 kinds of people in thsi forum - either they like Honda or they just don't

Well, i am the one who bought ANHC after TDing Linea many times. I have my own reason for it, i think people should respect others decision. Looking at the ANHC sales number today, i can comfortably say that mass still belives that ANHC is the better package.

For me bluetooth, alloywheels doesn't matter. What matters me is a well refined engines, performing car, good *** and "BEST REASALE VALUE". I belive ANHC gives me that - However, i never go around and shout others to buy ANHC. Everyone does his own reaserach and takes a decsion. Looking at the niggling issues FIAT has today, i am happy i didn't go with it. I don't have time to go to service station every week.

Finally on pricing - It is like this - though I gat NewPort Jeans for less than 700Rs, i always go with either Pepe/Levis by paying more than 1500 Rs for obious reason.. I am sure most of us here do the same. You pay preimuim for ceratin reasion. To get preimuim value, you will have to develop your brand which Honda has done over the years..
No certainly not! I would like the Pepe/Levis at a discounted rate. At any rate I am not rich enough to splurge money on a product that doesn't have features that a competing car has. And i don't see where the jeans came up in this? And also, I too didn't shout at others to go buy Linea its just a comparison that people should see like yours- why an artificial hype and seemingly good service back up (see front page of The Indian Car Scene for Civic problems thread) can bring down car sales of other cars that just have less powerful engines (Linea/Fiesta)!!!! I mean cars are not ONLY meant for racing down the street in mad speeds with a power churning engine! And please take note its not only about the bluetooth or the alloys that the ANHC lacks its about fog lamps etc etc (AND CD PLAYER!!!!) (SEE MY POST properly for more details). With all these discrepencies I think it makes the ANHC with lack lustre interiors a worse buy. (my opinion) AND its not that the Honda has any less niggling issues than the Linea- my freind bought a Honda City (10th anniversary) and the 10th anniversary stickers fell of and the steering did rattle a few times. Even the ANHC I saw a car with the badging in the back peeled of- so it is not a rare phenomenon so you cannot bring that up in comparison.

And when you say that most people research extensively before buying a car I say you're wrong because you might be pointing out to only the people who belong to the forums and not the whole indian 'mass' as you put it. The ANHC numbers are only because people these days have a little bit extra to spend and they think it is cool to get a Honda because of its prestige factor and thats the only reason people go in for ANHC as it is the only known sedan- I bet if Linea is known a little bit more its sales figures might increase to levels equal to the ANHC. And as far as resale values are concerned it cannot be commented on as Linea has JUST been released and nobody intends on selling such a good VFM so soon. Although sorry to say, but I did see a couple of ANHC in the Jains second hand car shoppee in Chennai- going for 6.5lac, which might be good for a 4month old car but I wonder why they wanted to sell it SO soon? Hmmmm..... maybe they weren't happy with what the car had to offer them. And to finish off this exhaustive comparison- there are only two kinds of people on this forum

1) People who don't know that Honda are miserly and run the show on prestige factor, brand value and hype i.e ANHC buyers and happy owners
2) People who know that Honda are cheating at the moment and should offer more quality and VFM cars (look at the interiors of ANHC and the switches make you feel that you are not getting the quality that you intentionally payed for!) i.e, Linea/Fiesta buyers.

I mean look at the JAzz and you will know the true colours of a money minded Honda only there for people who can spend more money on their cars without looking at the value. If people still feel that a good engine is good enough for the 9.5 lakh OTR they are paying for their ANHC 1.5S then I am not stopping them! They have every right to their opinion!

This post is not meant to intentionally hurt any Honda owner or Honda buyer (as I respect EVERYBODY's opinion) but just meant to point out that Honda has to start giving customers more for their money and are eating into other car sales for nothing! Honda can do it but they aren't. So wake up Honda! Dont splurge customers for unfair value! People wake up there are other cars like Linea and Fiesta too!

CR

Last edited by autocarcr : 14th June 2009 at 12:06.
autocarcr is offline  
Old 16th June 2009, 06:43   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

a) I haven't seen any one in my life so far buying a car without doing research. When i say research, it doesn't mean only internet. You can ask your friends, watch reviews on TV, Read news papers, magazines etc etc. I took almost more than 6 months to decide and i am sure majority belongs to my category...after all, spending 9 to 10 lacs is huge...

2) I haven't seen any ANHC in seconds market so far in Bangalore..even if it is available in Chennai, did you ask the owner why is he selling? You shouldn't assume that he sold because he didn't like...that is quite unbelievable...there can be 100 other reasons even if he does..

3) Niggling Issues: Have you seen anywhere folks discussing ANHC Niggling Issues? Yes, it is not perfect, but it is the best option in that price range.

4) People won't pat just for Honda brand. If that is your logic, then CIVIC, ACCORD and CVR should be market leaders in respective segments. But it isn't because there are other good options available. People are smart enough to decide what they want.

I am a proud owner of ANHC and i love it beacuse i don't have any issues. They day i face any issues, i will be the first person to report here.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2009 at 16:36. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
shrinivasap is offline  
Old 16th June 2009, 14:12   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune, Vasai
Posts: 156
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
No certainly not! I would like the Pepe/Levis at a discounted rate.
==============
So wake up Honda! Dont splurge customers for unfair value! People wake up there are other cars like Linea and Fiesta too!

CR
Hi autocarcr,

We have bought ANHC. I agree it is slightly overpriced. But the driving pleasure and peace of mind it gives is priceless !!!!!

I think you are only interested in features that we use once in a blue moon and isnt really interested in the most important aspects of a car.

No one talks about the cheap engines (hatchback engines) offered by Fiat in the Linea.

ANHC rocks !!!!
crazyro is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
May 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 102 2nd July 2013 21:49
May 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 95 1st July 2012 20:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks