Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2009, 16:36   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Sorry but definately looks like the end of the road for GM India. They now look like a drowning man clutching at straws. Had to come up with something real special. GM internationally has gone Kaput and no matter how much the Indian wing tries, it will ultimately suffer the fate of its mother company. But they had it coming. Chevrolet has been selling re-badged obsolete Daewoo cars for long enough - Daewoo Kalos -> Chevy Aveo, Daewoo Nubira - Chevy Optra, Daewoo Matiz -> Chevy Spark. Now even the spy pic of the Cruz's interiors shows a daewoo badged steering wheel !!

Now which discontinued Daewoo model has been badged as the cruz ?? Have to really dig into Daewoo archives for this one....
Chevy still sell cars under Daewoo brand in some asian countires like Korea. i guess in some part of east europe too. so they have to test cars with daewoo badge too.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

the cruze is has been already released in korea under the name of Daewoo lacetti. GM decided that brand Daewoo will sell more than the parent company.
its not that the cars that gm india offers are bad, Even though they are rebadged koreans but definitely deep inside they are american.These rebadged koreans are much better than their closest relative Hyundai.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
As you all had mentioned, this is a Chevy This is due for release in Sep 09 as on paper.

You can even spot this car if you are somewhere in whitefield or in Whitefield main road, Bangalore or in Hosur road.
Yup, i saw two of these on Hosur Road this morning around 10-30. Could not take any pictures though. I wasnt sure at that time as to which cars these were. They were heavily camouflaged.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:51   #34
BHPian

This car was parked in ORR, opp to innovative today at 9am.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, good catch Chetan.
And although GM is facing rough weather globally, its reassuring that they are still launching new models in India.

Hope they price it rationally now.

GM Cruze, Fiat Linea, ANHC, Altis, SX4, Now we're talking about some choices in this segment.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Sorry but definately looks like the end of the road for GM India. They now look like a drowning man clutching at straws. Had to come up with something real special. GM internationally has gone Kaput and no matter how much the Indian wing tries, it will ultimately suffer the fate of its mother company. But they had it coming. Chevrolet has been selling re-badged obsolete Daewoo cars for long enough - Daewoo Kalos -> Chevy Aveo, Daewoo Nubira - Chevy Optra, Daewoo Matiz -> Chevy Spark. Now even the spy pic of the Cruz's interiors shows a daewoo badged steering wheel !!

Now which discontinued Daewoo model has been badged as the cruz ?? Have to really dig into Daewoo archives for this one...
That's because you are looking at the Korean version of the car.
If you look at pics of the Cruze which is recently launched in Australia with the Holden badge people could say that it is an Australia car.

The Cruze is one of the first truly global car projects for GM. They spent approximately $4 Billion on the project and used the inputs from engineers in most of their major markets (US, Australia, Korea, China & India to name a few).
Attached Images

Last edited by dude131 : 15th June 2009 at 18:52. Reason: Quoted wrong person
Old 15th June 2009, 22:03   #37
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
As you all had mentioned, this is a Chevy Cruze no second thoughts on it.

FYI this is not manufactured in Talegon, instead in Halol, Gujarat.

This is due for release in Sep 09 as on paper.

You can even spot this car if you are somewhere in whitefield or in Whitefield main road, Bangalore or in Hosur road.

For sure this is going to sweep the "C" segment, a pretty good competition for skoda and civic.

Chevrolet India is on a roll, after this being the launch of small hatch back in the end of the year.

There is no stopping for GM India.

Cheers,
Raj
as i stay near whitefield, now i am hoping to catch it again
Old 16th June 2009, 09:40   #38
BHPian

Default Spotted this morning on the Gurgaon expressway - Chevy Cruze?

Saw a very good looking car next to my lane in the toll booth this morning.

Pursued it till I could whip out my blackberry and take these snaps.

I presume its the Chevy Cruze (there were 2 of them) - with the GJ number plate and all...testing right outside the Maruti factory actually !

Car size seems to be just a shade larger than the Altis / Civic and the car looks really good.

Pics enclosed...
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-img00001.jpg  

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-img00002.jpg  

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-img00003.jpg  

Old 16th June 2009, 11:08   #39
BHPian

very nice looking car with typical american styling cues and lines.
did it sounded like a diesel or was it spewing out little bit of black smoke?
did you managed to get a peek at interiors?
Old 16th June 2009, 11:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
very nice looking car with typical american styling cues and lines.
did it sounded like a diesel or was it spewing out little bit of black smoke?
did you managed to get a peek at interiors?
Unfortunately could not see the interiors - we were both travelling at 80 kmph or so.

Engine sounded smooth, no black smoke at all, seemed to be a petrol version
Old 16th June 2009, 11:44   #41
Team-BHP Support

I saw a white cruze without any covers on mg road gurgaon,i was on a phone call and it disappeared.

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th June 2009 at 11:46.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:43   #42
BANNED

cruze looks cool in white shade, but its diesel engine would be to look for .
Old 16th June 2009, 13:30   #43
BHPian

Here you go - some of the pics I'd taken in April '09 outside a Gurgaon mall.

My take - the interiors were awesome and of very good quality! the interior space looked really good...

Last edited by reppy : 16th June 2009 at 13:32.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Launched in Australia as Holden Cruze - The all-new Holden Cruze

I hope the Indian version get similarly speced. It looks like that from at the spy pics.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

handsome lil devil aint he?
looking good . With more cars being visible on roads its more likely it will be released pretty soon.
Closed Thread