Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th June 2009, 20:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Is it that Honda has pressurized Pink City motors for such a reply ?

Till now they have done nothing good and all they have done is negative activities. Moreover, I wonder how come Honda is able to maintain such a rigid silence.

Did you call him and inform him about your conversation with Honda ?
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 23:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
........... I wonder how come Honda is able to maintain such a rigid silence.
Not everybody can be expected to hire a _________ Corporate to put foot in mouth for the general merriment of all.

Aaah, blessed are those that threaten, not knowing what they are threatening!

I miss Ms. Meghna.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 10:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what the autojurnos have to say about this Civic woes. They always chant the mantra, " You can never go wrong with a Honda." Oh, yeah?
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 11:38   #64
BHPian

A new Honda dealership has just come up a few months back in Jaipur and I would understand they would be happy to receive your car for all repairs. This is a win-win situation for them.
1. They get to pry away a customer from competing dealership
2. They can establish a goodwill and thereby be in good books, which in turn also harms the business of competing dealership.

In my personal observations, I found Pink City Honda becoming increasingly arrogant in past few years in their dealings because of their monopoly in Jaipur and surrounding areas and usual Honda image. I remember once I went for a test drive of Honda Civic (on its launch) and I had driven to dealership in my Skoda. The salesman obviously didn't know that and began ranting about how Skoda (their biggest competitor in the segment) parts started peeling within single month of use and it doesn't even come with a stereo system, and so on and so forth.

I immediately took him to parking area and showed him my car and his face turned red in embarrassment. He could no more face me, and I could no more stand Pink City Honda.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 13:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
Letter from Pink City Motors.
Is that exactly how the letter is worded? The letter seems so amateurish.

Last edited by amit : 19th June 2009 at 13:42.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 01:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Is that exactly how the letter is worded? The letter seems so amateurish.
That's a copy paste (except the header), so no chance of any mistakes. I feel Honda is avoiding talking to me or contacting me. This is being done deliberately. Even what has been promised by them till now appears to be due to my making such a ruckus, they would otherwise just have shirked me off.

GOD SAVE HONDA. They are probably losing a good customer and ambassador of their cars and brand.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 20th June 2009 at 01:22.
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 08:52   #67
BHPian

This lack of support from the company seems to contagious, first Skoda now Honda!
I remember when weI had an Uno, the dealer messed up with the alternator repair. I got in touch with Fiat and they responded positively and replaced my part free of charge. And this for an out of warranty car. So much for the perceived poor customer support of Fiat!
vvmanoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 19:08   #68
BHPian

OOPS!! I think I have forgotten to mention that the engine mountings were changed on the 1st or 2nd service, under warranty.

Well, I am taking the car to Jaipur tomorrow for the required repairs. Lets see what happens. Wish me luck, I need it with these kind of car companies .
Old 21st June 2009, 19:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OOPS!! I think I have forgotten to mention that the engine mountings were changed on the 1st or 2nd service, under warranty.
Yeah, I've heard that the first batch(es?) had this problem. It was handled as a stealthy recall.

Quote:
Well, I am taking the car to Jaipur tomorrow for the required repairs. Lets see what happens. Wish me luck, I need it with these kind of car companies .
Good luck. Keep us updated! Please, if you have the patience, try to stay with the car and see the whole process.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 20:21   #70
BHPian

You can bet that! I am not leaving the car in their care. I don't trust them anymore.
Old 21st June 2009, 22:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

please do carry a camera and take pictures at important intervals during the service. this might irritate them but it might come handy in future
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:26   #72
BHPian

guys... I had just looked at a used Civic - aug 2008 V series model with 2800 kms on the odo with asking tag of 12 negotiated to 10.9 - and a 4 year warranty till 2012. I was about to ask your opinion on the same, and what do I find here..............

Well guess its better that I dont get it..
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:32   #73
BHPian

Well!! News is that the work was carried out yesterday afternoon. I had specifically informed them on Saturday also that I would be coming in at around 9.30 or 10, but that dealer, in all his wiseness, installed the parts (tensioner etc.) sourced specially for me, in another Civic on Thursday or Friday, and then forgotten to inform me (even as I was informing them of my coming in on Monday morning on Saturday). This was informed to me only when I contacted the Service Manager again on Monday morning (after 1/2 hour of trying), and 1/2 way down to Jaipur. We (my father, who has recently had a byepass was also with me) had 3 meetings scheduled after this repair, including a lunch meeting. Everything had to be rescheduled by me by requesting all the different persons involved, as the part was EXPECTED by 12 noon. It finally arrived at about 1pm, work finished by around 1.40 and I reached the lunch meeting, even later than what I had promised my counterparts.

They did NOT remove the engine, as told to me, but opened up a lot of things on the driver side portion of the engine and bay. This gave them easy access to the engine, with enough space to work with tools. Hope this has finally rectified the problems. Could probably have been done at Ajmer itself. The service manager left for some work, after informing me, before they had even completed dismantling the parts, forget about refitting. So no Senior person was actually present, the same persons who had worked on the car at Ajmer did the repairs here too.

This is amazing stuff from the company and dealer, after all that had happened. Shows their responsibility and sincerity. I hope nothing more ever goes wrong on my Hondas.

It also shows that my problem was not a one off, it is a regular problem in Civic. Why doesn't Honda wake up and do a RECALL to rectify this problem, or is it that we Indians are not worth the bother.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 23rd June 2009 at 08:43.
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:34   #74
BHPian

At the dealership I also saw the Jazz, nice but what's so special. The buzzword going around there was that it's too expensive. They were very pessimistic of the sales, looking at Fabia and i20, and now Grand Punto too. The opinion was that now the i20 would start selling in good numbers (because of the goodies and pricing comparison).
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
guys... I had just looked at a used Civic - aug 2008 V series model with 2800 kms on the odo with asking tag of 12 negotiated to 10.9 - and a 4 year warranty till 2012. I was about to ask your opinion on the same, and what do I find here..............

Well guess its better that I dont get it..
The 2006 models did have some problems. 2008 is probably safe. But it's your prerogative. If you start striking off cars from your list for one or two threads on here, there won't be a single one left on the list.

Quote:
Well!! News is that the work was carried out yesterday afternoon. I had specifically informed them on Saturday also that I would be coming in at around 9.30 or 10, but that dealer, in all his wiseness, installed the parts (tensioner etc.) sourced specially for me, in another Civic on Thursday or Friday, and then forgotten to inform me (even as I was informing them of my coming in on Monday morning on Saturday). This was informed to me only when I contacted the Service Manager again on Monday morning (after 1/2 hour of trying), and 1/2 way down to Jaipur. We (my father, who has recently had a byepass was also with me) had 3 meetings scheduled after this repair, including a lunch meeting. Everything had to be rescheduled by me by requesting all the different persons involved, as the part was EXPECTED by 12 noon. It finally arrived at about 1pm, work finished by around 1.40 and I reached the lunch meeting, even later than what I had promised my counterparts.

They did NOT remove the engine, as told to me, but opened up a lot of things on the driver side portion of the engine and bay. This gave them easy access to the engine, with enough space to work with tools. Hope this has finally rectified the problems.

This is amazing stuff from the company and dealer, after all that had happened. Shows their responsibility and sincerity. I hope nothing more ever goes wrong on my Hondas.

It also shows that my problem was not a one off, it is a regular problem in Civic. Why doesn't Honda wake up and do a RECALL to rectify this problem, or is it that we Indians are not worth the bother.
Honda dealers are an indifferent lot, especially when they have monopoly in a region. And don't I know it. I did some sleuthing at my local dealership and they told me that they have quite a few bulletins floating around asking them to preemptively fix known issues with 2006 models. They do it silently whenever a car comes in and they find that a certain fix hasn't been applied on it. Yours just doesn't care I guess.

Anyway, here's to no more issues.

And yeah, the Jazz is overpriced. If they provided the 1.5L City engine, I could think of justifying the tag, but not this current model.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote