Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st December 2016, 21:24   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota future plans for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The company will now divert it's attention towards launching hybrid versions of it's existing fleet, with the Innova Crysta, the Fortuner and the Corolla Altis going through the hybridisation upgrade first.

The good news - he confirmed that the Yaris will be launched in India after it is sufficiently tweaked for Indian road conditions.
I hope the Hybrid Innova Crysta and Fortuner are not like Ciaz/Ertiga. A proper hybrid with the capacity to run a few kilometers on pure electric power would be a good option.

Yaris has some potential, but I think they should plan for launching the next generation. The Vios should also come with the Yaris.

Afterall, Yaris : Vios :: Jazz : City.
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 22:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I hope the Hybrid Innova Crysta and Fortuner are not like Ciaz/Ertiga. A proper hybrid with the capacity to run a few kilometers on pure electric power would be a good option.

Yaris has some potential, but I think they should plan for launching the next generation. The Vios should also come with the Yaris.

Afterall, Yaris : Vios :: Jazz : City.

I don't think Toyota has any of those ciaz/ertiga like hybrid systems. They have a proper hybrid system which uses a combination of the electric motor and petrol engine or just the electric motor to power the car. Also regenerative braking to charge the batteries.

If Toyota can keep the pricing of the Crysta Petrol Hybrid same as the pricing of the current Crysta or maybe in between the petrol and the diesel, I am sure they will find a few buyers. I don't get the point of the Fortuner Hybrid. A Corolla Altis and Yaris hybrids are a nice move. 👍🏻
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:04   #138
BHPian

So owning a Toyotoa which would appeal to both mind and heart, will remain a distant dream in India atleast in near future.

The way, Innova and Fortuner have become premium and lost the VFM tag in recent years, and still rocking sales chart, this was bound to happen.

The only saving grace being Yaris, hope they don't tweak too much and go the Liva way.

We don't see any mention of Vios, so no point of discussing on that car.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd December 2016 at 11:38. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
varunswnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I guess, vios and Yaris are the same. Yaris just seems to be the hatchback variant of the vios.
And vios is seen testing very frequently in different states in the recent months. So, this might come soon.

Last edited by amalji : 2nd December 2016 at 11:12.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only saving grace being Yaris, hope they don't tweak too much and go the Liva way.
Yaris will come in the space of a premium hatchback and debut here maybe in 2018/19, as the New Yaris is expected globally in 2017.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:48   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yaris will come in the space of a premium hatchback and debut here maybe in 2018/19, as the New Yaris is expected globally in 2017.
This is exactly my expectations from Toyota, move Liva to Swift class and Yaris to Jazz/i20 class.
varunswnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I guess, vios and Yaris are the same. Yaris just seems to be the hatchback variant of the vios.

Yaris and Vios are the same. It is sold in the Middle East as the Yaris(both as hatchback & sedan) and in the South east Asia as the Vios(sedan). I guess the Vios will be getting the reworked 1.5L engine from the Etios. Preferably a dual vvti.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote