Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd January 2009, 21:42   #61
BHPian

the master pass/green card thing is interesting but not available in maharashtra from what i know. what we have is credit card size RC card's with magnetic strips. now my question is if i am carrying around a copy of the rc in duplicate what's the use of that magnetic strip? what info does it contain and when do they check it,add to it, etc.
vishalpipraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 10:50   #62
BHPian

Guys

Was wondering if anyone has tried to obtain a MASTER pass recently in BLR ?

Supplementary question is that if the DL is issued in another state, and the vehicle is bought in KA on the same person's name, Can one still obtain the Master Pass ?

Can anyone kindly confirm ?
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 10:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Smile Ride free: no more side stops to check papers,

Bangalore: You could be in a hurry to keep an appointment and, besides the red signals and traffic jams, there is one other stop to contend with: men in white and khaki flagging down motorists to check vehicle documents. Well, having zeroed in on this traffic blockage of its own creation, the department has put a stop to such stops.

Additional commissioner of police (traffic) Praveen Sood has given written directions to traffic personnel against unnecessary checking of documents — to keep both road and motorist hassle-free. But this does not mean that the public should stop carrying vehicle papers.

Those who violate traffic rules will be stopped, their documents checked and duly penalized. Sood told TOI: “All officers have been instructed not to stop motorists merely for checking documents. Only when the motorist has committed some visible traffic violation will he/she be stopped. The police will ask for all documents and the motorist will be penalized for non-possession, if documents are not in order.’’

Sood clearly stated that the focus is on good road use behaviour rather than documents. “We are mainly concentrating on traffic violations and to maintain smooth vehicle flow,’’ he said. But commuters who have violated rules like jumping signals, drunken driving, entering one-ways, riding on pavements or riding without helmet will be stopped. Transport vehicles like buses, taxis and autorickshaws should carry permit and fitness certificate.
These should be produced for inspection if asked for by a police officer.

Sood explained: “There is a provision of a master card from RTO, which is proof that the driver has all valid documents. If one is carrying the master card, he/she need not carry any other documents.’’

But it is mandatory to carry an emission certificate. However, police have been instructed not to stop motorists merely to check the emission certificate. “In case of emission certificate, traffic police don’t have the provision to fine erring motorists. The department will have to send a notice regarding it to court. The fine amount is at the discretion of the court,’’ Sood added.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 10:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Bangalore: Sood explained: “There is a provision of a master card from RTO, which is proof that the driver has all valid documents. If one is carrying the master card, he/she need not carry any other documents.’’
What is this Master Card from the RTO?!! I don't want to carry around my originals all the time nor leave them in the car.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 10:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What is this Master Card from the RTO?!!
Not out yet. To be introduced after Sept 2009.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 10:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is this Master Card from the RTO?!! I don't want to carry around my originals all the time nor leave them in the car.
Exactly the question that i had in mind when i saw the news in TOI today morning , is this going to be only in Karnataka or valida everywhere else?
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 11:05   #67
BANNED

GSMINC has been using the RTO Master Card for a while now.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 11:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
GSMINC has been using the RTO Master Card for a while now.
I badly need one. I lost orginals of my previous car on a long trip. After that, I carry only duplicates on a long trip.

GSMINC, how to get one?
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 11:19   #69
BHPian

Do we need to get the MasterCard renewed every year, as we pay insurance every year.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 11:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Well, this mastercard is introduced by baramati rto way back in 2007.
It is card like pan/credit card. All data is stored in chip which is present in that card.
It costs rs 350 here but you have to surrender your original rc/tc book to rto. That card is really handy and fit in the wallet.
There is no provision to save data about insurance and emission. All your traffic crime can be recorded in that card by rto or traffic police for future reference.
There is no need to renew your mastercard every year for any reason other than validity.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 29th June 2009 at 11:59.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 12:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Its issued by RTO in Bangalore. Its like a post card which contains all details, including your photo

Quote:
Already existing. What you are telling might be the smart card, chip based!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Exactly the question that i had in mind when i saw the news in TOI today morning , is this going to be only in Karnataka or valida everywhere else?
Should be valid anywhere in India, as it contains the Govt of KA seal with emblem of India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I badly need one. I lost orginals of my previous car on a long trip. After that, I carry only duplicates on a long trip.

GSMINC, how to get one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Do we need to get the MasterCard renewed every year, as we pay insurance every year.
No renewal is required for the same, as already mentioned. Yes, you may have to carry your original PUC and Insurance. I carry only the photocopy of Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Well, this mastercard is introduced by baramati rto way back in 2007.
It is card like pan/credit card. All data is stored in chip which is present in that card.
It costs rs 350 here but you have to surrender your original rc/tc book to rto. That card is really handy and fit in the wallet.
There is no provision to save data about insurance and emission. All your traffic crime can be recorded in that card by rto or traffic police for future reference.
There is no need to renew your mastercard every year for any reason other than validity.
More information can be found in the following link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-carried.html (What original documents should be carried?)
Old 29th June 2009, 12:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All data is stored in chip which is present in that card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Already existing. What you are telling might be the smart card, chip based!
Thanks guys. I enquired with the RTO sometime back and they said not yet availabe. Checked on the website remember smat card mentioned as available in Sept 09.

One thing, Ashish says chip based, lambuhere says not chip based...
Old 29th June 2009, 12:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing, Ashish says chip based, lambuhere says not chip based...
I assumed that mastercard is smart card.
As lambuhere has mentioned, mastercard is something like post card and smart card is like creditcard which is chip based.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 12:46   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I enquired with the RTO sometime back and they said not yet availabe.
Spitfire

Not many are aware of master pass.[ not mastercard ] You may need to take some time to visit them personally and meet the ARTO/RTO officer, or any knowledgebale persons [ old in the system ] to guide you the way.

For me, it took a couple of days to get the required information. Once I met the helpdesk, guided to the RTO office, met a officer there, got info, directed to meet ARTO, again got redirected to Superin of RTO. About fees, they dont have idea, again got directed to challan person who took the fees. Got it to RTO office

Filled application in a piece of paper, as mentioned in the thread below, submitted the photocopies of docs, after verification with originals and voila, got my Masterpass.

Yes, it does take time. For me it took more than 4 weeks, but atlast I got it

Inspiration and more information in the attached post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1141314 (What original documents should be carried?)

Last edited by lambuhere1 : 29th June 2009 at 12:50.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Imastercard is something like post card and smart card is like creditcard which is chip based.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Not many are aware of master pass.
Thanks again guys. I will surely follow up on this in the other thread.