Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd June 2009, 23:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Its the new mitsubishi lancer that can ramp up Mitsui India's sales. Facelifted versions of cedia wont sell. Its an excellent car but very few people know about it. The buyers guide in Top Gear india this month reported it as the most underrated car in India.
Why isnt the new lancer comming up
Exactly, its time for the new Lancer rather than updated Cedia that is now relatively old. They need it to survive and increase sales a bit.

But then look at this the other way. They have reduced the price a bit for Cedia, so its possible that they are making way for new Lancer.

Cedia will fight against G3HC and above that they will have new Lancer to fight with Civic.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 02:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

wow, Cedia sports with GPS nav and cliamte control for the price of Honda city? awesome. but I guess HM has not marketed the model much and so nobody will know about it.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 23rd June 2009 at 02:26.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:06   #18
BHPian

I couldn't find more info regarding the new Cedia with navigation and all gizmos in the Mitsu website . Where did you guys get the info from ?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:58   #19
BHPian

This car is excellent value for money for this price. It has plenty of potential for all you crazy tuners out there, and the 4G94 engine is built like a tank (cast iron block with an aluminum head, forged steel con rods).

And I might get flamed for this here, but it has the best sorted out chassis amongst all the cars in this segment, even better than the new Honda Civic and Mazda 3. Get some new sway bars and coil springs and you are good to go.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:04   #20
BHPian

This is a very good car and I feel that they would be better off with a good dealership and service network.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:28   #21
BHPian

Hey Vid thak you very much for the great news.i like the Cedia a lot and this price revision comes at a time when i am planning to relocate to Mangalore which means the tax benefit also will help me!!

Is it there in Mitsubishi website?
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
I couldn't find more info regarding the new Cedia with navigation and all gizmos in the Mitsu website . Where did you guys get the info from ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Is it there in Mitsubishi website?
It will be put up on the website soon I guess. Well the car has just been launched and it's more of a soft release I guess. The great driving challenge from Mitsubishi I think is part of the promo for this model.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 01:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Looks like Mitsubishi have upgraded the Cedia sports further. Just got news that the new variant now comes with a revised grill, Ralliart stickers, Double DIN touchscreen HU with Sat nav India maps loaded, new leather upholstery with the stitching visible and the same MOMO steering and OZ alloys.

The best part is the new sticker price of 9.90L which is down by 30K. This is more important to Karnataka people as the ex-showroom below 10L means the road tax drops from 17% to 12%. So effectively the price will be down by 80K or so.

Awesome deal IMO and very very close to the ANHC with loads of goodies now.

I have asked for more details and should be receiving it soon. Will post it up along with pics.
Had seen the car a couple of days back. Looks good but definitely dated in comparison to its competitors.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 02:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It will be put up on the website soon I guess. Well the car has just been launched and it's more of a soft release I guess. The great driving challenge from Mitsubishi I think is part of the promo for this model.
This kind of promotion is nice, but not good enough. Mitsu needs to do much more to get some sales numbers going.
I hope the car rakes up the kind of numbers it deserves
sridharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 03:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

they need to build a television commercial on the lines of what Fiat did for the Linea. Spend some money and you will get some sales.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 14:39   #26
BANNED

we wanted a new lancer not the facelifted cedia.
i am eagerly waiting for new lacer. i already have a cedia select with my dad, no doubt its an awesome car.
and i am planing a car in 1st quater of next year, and it has to be new lancer 2009. (international model) so it should be awesomex2 car

Last edited by monty9991 : 24th June 2009 at 14:41.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 17:03   #27
BHPian

The interiors are quite impressive. How about the rest of the specs. Any changes in them?
ameenmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 19:26   #28
BHPian

Default New Cedia Sports..

I spoke with Mr. Surinder of Souther Motors Bangalore - The new car would arrive in the showrooms in a week or so. The on road price is 11.6 instead of 12.4 earlier.

But the car seems loaded - I test drove the Spirit version and it is awesome. I am uploading the ppt that describes the changes...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cedia Sports.pdf (217.6 KB, 1233 views)
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 19:37   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the update Sriram.
Can I get only the ralliart stickers for my cedia?
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 19:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Thanks for the update Sriram.
Can I get only the ralliart stickers for my cedia?
I think you should be able to get it as an accessory once they do the real launch. But, I am not sure :-( - I'll check with the sales guy.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote