Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th August 2009, 08:33   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Guys, Any one actually compared quality of interiors in NMC (New Mits Cedia) with OMC (Old Mits Cedia). Some of my Colleagues, who test drove NMC and compared with my OMC said, quality of interior are not good as OMC (I mean use of plastic, fit and finish).
Having used Corolla previosuly, they were generally not very happy with local dealer type fittment in some cases (fitting of USB cable of Kenwood system thorugh dashboard)

Any clue with anyone?
I got my car in march, and the only plastic that i think have gone bad compared the previous ones are the bumpers, they simply S#@%, especially the ones in the front, see the gap between the hood and the grille. Otherwise the interiors are really good i think. Cannot comment on the ones available right now, but it should not have changed this quick, but then again, who knows, its after-all HM
mindbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 22:52   #107
Senior - BHPian

Check this Cedizens.. a dedicated Cedia website.. I always wanted it to be there.. at last it is..
Cedia Sports
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 21:08   #108
BHPian

Saw the car today and no second thoughts on this one. The photos posted dont do justice to the car. It looks much better than represented in the images. Plus, in real, the stickers dont look that bad.

Buying it on first week of Sept! Time to change signature from 2009 Thinking to 2009 Cedia
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 11:36   #109
BHPian

Test drove the car last week, and I must say that she handled very well.She was well planted at speeds above 120, no complaints at all, the interiors are much better than the octavia too.Not to forget the MOMO wheel the sales guy was a very well mannered and knowledgeable chap.If only they had retained the smoked head lamps!
rg_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 12:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
Saw the car today and no second thoughts on this one. The photos posted dont do justice to the car. It looks much better than represented in the images. Plus, in real, the stickers dont look that bad.

Buying it on first week of Sept! Time to change signature from 2009 Thinking to 2009 Cedia
IMHO the stickers s***
Below are pics I took when I visited the HM factory car stocking site in Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-cediaslinedup.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009211.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009198.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009199.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009200.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009201.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009204.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-20072009205.jpg  

chaostheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 12:29   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Test drove the car last week, and I must say that she handled very well.She was well planted at speeds above 120, no complaints at all, the interiors are much better than the octavia too.Not to forget the MOMO wheel the sales guy was a very well mannered and knowledgeable chap.If only they had retained the smoked head lamps!
she felt planted at 187...120... no comments. Just that the tyres make a lot of noise.. with better shoes I wonder what she ewill do. Plus I dont know why they got rid of smoked light.. looks wicked, may be because they had built-up inventories of the normal ones and wanted to clear them. Still If you go to buy a cedia I think dealer can do something about the smoked lamps. one of our mates Raaj was helped in every what way when he wanted a cedia.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheory View Post
IMHO the stickers s***
Below are pics I took when I visited the HM factory car stocking site in Chennai.
good to see different colours together... I just hope all this works, though I know it wont..wheres the new lancer Mitsui...I wish they could hear us.

Plus the stikers look awefull on all colours. Though on white it looks ok, the first thing one should do upon buying a cedia is to get rid of these stikers.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:49   #113
Team-BHP Support

What crap !! The stickers look ghastly not sporty
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 14:39   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheory View Post
IMHO the stickers s***
The stickers look bad on the colors above but werent looking this bad on the white color.
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 17:26   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

for MM mHawk you have the option to order it without stickers . Hope one has a similar option with HM.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 22:53   #116
BHPian

I beg to differ but I like the stickers! *Runs for Cover*
The fact that saddens me are the wheels. Those OZ rims look too puny on a car of its size. They atleast need to be an inch bigger.

By the way, the sticker design is a replica of those found on the Ralliart Lancer Evolution X.

Name:  top.jpg
Views: 12504
Size:  153.7 KB
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 23:14   #117
BANNED

hey mitsu, we need real rally art cars here, not just the stickers.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 22:19   #118

Hi guys, I'm a newbie on TEAM BHP and one of the reasons I jumped on the bandwagon was this specific thread. I read all of it before I got my new Cedia Sports on Aug 23 and just as the majority of the posts in this thread say - WITHOUT THE STIKCERS . I'm very happy with my purchase and I have already clocked over 1500 kms on it.

However, when I went in for my first service at 1000 km, they replaced the air-intake tube. Take a look at the pics. The 1st pic was taken when I took delivery of the car and shows the air-intake open. The 2nd pic was taken after the service and shows the air-intake closed. The service manager informed me that the air-intake opening was now on the underside of the tube.

When I started to drive home from the service center I noticed the car seemed to have lost power. Above 3000 rpm, the engine sounded strained but the car would just not move as quickly. Before the service, the engine would purr along with no strain just a dab of gas would make it go. I went back to the service center the next day and got the original air-intake fitted back on. And just like that the car was driving as it was before.

Why would Mitsubishi change the air-intake at the 1st service if it actually degrades the performance of the car?
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-cedia-1.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L-cedia-2.jpg  

patilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:14   #119
Team-BHP Support

lol the 'new' intake seems like it wasnt getting much air.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th October 2009 at 23:15.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:22   #120
Senior - BHPian

First of all Congrats on ur new ride..and welcome to the family!

dont know it this is the appropriate thread to post this on but if it isnt Mods please move it to the relevent thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilan View Post
Hi guys, I'm a newbie on TEAM BHP and one of the reasons I jumped on the bandwagon was this specific thread. I read all of it before I got my new Cedia Sports on Aug 23 and just as the majority of the posts in this thread say - WITHOUT THE STIKCERS . I'm very happy with my purchase and I have already clocked over 1500 kms on it.

However, when I went in for my first service at 1000 km, they replaced the air-intake tube. Take a look at the pics. The 1st pic was taken when I took delivery of the car and shows the air-intake open. The 2nd pic was taken after the service and shows the air-intake closed. The service manager informed me that the air-intake opening was now on the underside of the tube.

When I started to drive home from the service center I noticed the car seemed to have lost power. Above 3000 rpm, the engine sounded strained but the car would just not move as quickly. Before the service, the engine would purr along with no strain just a dab of gas would make it go. I went back to the service center the next day and got the original air-intake fitted back on. And just like that the car was driving as it was before.

Why would Mitsubishi change the air-intake at the 1st service if it actually degrades the performance of the car?
What the hell!. It seems as if the engineer had put the tube upside down..still cant clarify from the pics.

But I am 100% sure that something is wrong. It is supposed to be open as it is from the 1st picture and closing it certainly means no air entering the engine which makes it strained.

what ever the manager told you is absolutely wrong and I guess they by mistake installed the tube upside down which they then sorted. Nothing to do with Mitsubishi and no OEM yet has come up with a gasoline engine sourcing air from downside, until its an EV which desnot need air to cool the engine..I mean there is no engine. Even the 2nd pic cant justify the air comming from downside, no place man!

The engineers just goofed up and sorted it the next time you went up there. Stupid reply though for the goof up they made!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th October 2009 at 23:31.