Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th August 2009, 09:46   #106
Distinguished - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

yes if this is made available with the same engine as the Fusion TDCI Diesel, it would be well worth it

Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 10:57   #107

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Coming from confidential sources, Ford is indeed launching a brand new small car in India (an i10-style world launch) in Jan. 2010 - probably at the Auto Expo. It is apparently based on a completely new platform, not that of the Ka or Verve. Size: somewhere between i10 and i20. Price: somewhere at i10 levels for the base model. Engine: sub-1.2L petrol and sub-1.5L diesel.
wow! exactly what Ford wants to boost up its sales in India! the sub 1.5L diesel is the same 1.4 Duratorq? and the sub 1.2L petrol has to be a new engine. any guesses on what it could be?

i pray ford gets its styling right this time and hope they dont come up with another "no-nonsense" car!
Auto freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 20:04   #108

Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Is this going to be the new Fiesta?

Please see the first pic, where clearly there are christmas tree lights a la Fusion on the C/D pillar.

This is the new Ford Figo that was displayed at the AutoExpo recently.

Ford Redirection

The design of rear-end doesn't look good, it also does look like a smaller version of the Fusion in some of the pictures. However, they seem to have it priced it well, it'd certainly sell in good numbers.
InternetUser is offline   Reply With Quote