Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th June 2005, 03:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
The murano on the other hand is perfect, its the sleeker lot of SUVs in the market and would easily deal with the indian road conditions.
The Murano is a beautiful car.It kind of looks like a Cayenne design.But its a beautiful car to drive.Ive driven this machine and it absolutely rocks.The interiors are rich and comfy.The engine is really really quick.I hope they launch this one.Its a sure success.
But more than anything,im just hoping they launch the Skyline by next year.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 13:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
No complaints with the Altima since it comes with a 2.5 litre or 3.5 litre engine, but the Chinese (Chery Automobile) have just introduced a copy of the Altima into the market. Ditto copy at about 1/2 the price with a 2 litre engine...
Those guys copy everything. GM took Chery to court because Chery had introduced a copy of the Matiz/Spark at a lower price.

I worked in China for 6 months. The client I was working for - a Chinese software company - used pirated software for everything. It seems this is the norm in China. On the roads you can see pirated DVDs and audio-CDs everywhere. There is even a Chinese fast food chain whose logo bears an uncanny resemblance to Colonel Sanders of KFC fame!
johnjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 13:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
The Murano is a beautiful car.It kind of looks like a Cayenne design.
Doesnt looks quite like the Cayenne - it has a distinctive style altogether. If the Cayenne is suave, this one is a rowdy.

Turbo Lover, I'm in the middle east and the Maxima is no longer available here (except from some importers, but its not brand new).

Hell rider, the Maxima was called the Cefiro in some markets if I'm not mistaken. No the Altima is about the same size and here they offer it with two engine options 2.5 l and 3.5 l. The Corolla is more in the < 2 litre segment, since it comes with a 1.8 l (1.6 in some markets) engine.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 01:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree too....the Cayenne and Murano are very different designs....but the Infinity FX kills the Murano....Nissan should get a few of the Infinity luxury line to India too....its suprising how there arent any imports of the FX in bombay till now....I would rather pick that than a LX-470 which probably cost more than the FX too.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 02:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont know but somehow i do feel it looks a little like the Cayenne.One of my close friend had bought this car the time it was newly launched in Japan last year.Its an absolute stunner of a vehicle.Here are a few pics i had clicked then :

X
Old 20th June 2005, 10:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[/url]

X
Darn! Is that a television on the dash? And that's legal? That's a real distraction for the driver!
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 13:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was talking to my good friend in Japan over the weekend and he was asking me if we are hearing any media-noise from Nissan in India. As per his information, Nissan plans to launch "Cube" in India first and then probably "March", which is more recent car.

Check out snaps of Cube here :
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/ni...0/photo/10846/

I find its look quite unorthodox.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 18:48   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Darn! Is that a television on the dash? And that's legal? That's a real distraction for the driver!
The GPS screen works as a display for a reversing camera and can also play DVDs only when the vehicle is stationary. At least that's how it works in the RX330.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 19:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hell rider, the Maxima was called the Cefiro in some markets if I'm not mistaken. No the Altima is about the same size and here they offer it with two engine options 2.5 l and 3.5 l. The Corolla is more in the < 2 litre segment, since it comes with a 1.8 l (1.6 in some markets) engine.
thanks for clearing that Steeroid.

Also, Apparently, the CEFIRO I was talking about is only for the Asian markets.
hell_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 04:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Yup.That can be used as a Navigator,Radio,Dvd player,Television,Reverse camera and Mirror as well.Infact pretty commom in all the cars abroad.Very helpful indeed.

X
Old 22nd June 2005, 09:07   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yup.That can be used as a Navigator,Radio,Dvd player,Television,Reverse camera and Mirror as well.Infact pretty commom in all the cars abroad.Very helpful indeed.
C'mon, not all cars, not most cars. Only on luxury cars one might say. Even Accords and Camrys won't have it, a high end option at the most.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd June 2005 at 09:16.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 09:25   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

In the Japanese local market even mid level cars have GPS. mebbe the Japs arent very good with finding their way around town.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 18:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I was talking to my good friend in Japan over the weekend and he was asking me if we are hearing any media-noise from Nissan in India. As per his information, Nissan plans to launch "Cube" in India first and then probably "March", which is more recent car.

Check out snaps of Cube here :
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/ni...0/photo/10846/

I find its look quite unorthodox.
The cube looks really bad.It is just a box on wheels.
rohithdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 20:44   #29
BHPian

cube really looks yuck. Nissan had good models i thought...
readonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2005, 21:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Nissan already has 2 JVs with Mahindra. One with MahindraAllwyn Nissan in AP for LCVs and another through Renault for the Logan. I think they will let Renault tackle the VFM market and let the Nissan be the premium brand competing C segment and up. I'd say start with the Sunny/Sentra for CKD. I've seen these Sunnys in Asia Pacific and Gulf countries and they seem to be pretty popular.
You've read my mind. The sunny would be perfect in the C segment. And also Nissan has the people carrier Serena also which is quite popular in S.E Asia.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote