Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th July 2009, 14:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
OT: Has Mahindra passed the benefits of 5k reduction ?
I thought Mahindra manufacturers all its vehicles in India. Since when did they start importing the Maxx?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 14:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
And what aspect of Honda's operations do you find indecent, unethical or illegal? Charging high prices is clearly not any of the above.

Not passing on the duty reduction benefit to the customers is clearly unethical.

I wonder if you have seen any merit in the 2nd point mentioned in my above post.

Please also see my following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1375568 (May 2009 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis)
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 15:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Not passing on the duty reduction benefit to the customers is clearly unethical.
But they just did! Even if they didn't, I wouldn't call it unethical but we'll let that debate rest there because we see things pretty differently when it comes to car companies. I see them as entities that make profits and nothing more than that. Even when they appear customer friendly, I see it (perhaps cynically) as an effort to make more profits and nothing more than that. Meanwhile, you see a further dimension to them, a more human one, perhaps. I don't see anything wrong with either view but obviously we all choose one or the other.

As for the customer being the paymaster, again, its down to how you see it. I think the only reason why companies respect and care about their customers is because they need to if they want to sell their product, get a good rep and consequently sell even more. In my opinion, if that wasn't the case, car companies (and all companies in general) would treat us like dirt.

You can call me the ultimate cynic but I really do think its the way the world works as unfortunate as it is.

Btw, I'm not as depressing a person as this post suggests

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 8th July 2009 at 15:49.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 15:56   #64
BHPian

I rest my case.

No hard feelings for difference in opinion.
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 00:23   #65
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Since the 6 grand doesn't really make a difference to you, why don't you write me a cheque for the same the next time you buy a car. Or better still, donate it to a good cause.
Since you missed th humor there flyingspur let me spell it out to you. It was nothing to do with moolah. I meant to point out his saying that honda should pass the benefit to "poor customers" as in those who are economically backward. Hence the comment 'bout poor customers picking up a Rs.7 lakh car. I know he meant it otherwise but it was said just for fun,chill bro.
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 11:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I thought Mahindra manufacturers all its vehicles in India. Since when did they start importing the Maxx?
I guess, this is not a customs duty. So this is immaterial of Imports v/s built in India.

This is an extra duty over (of 20K) and above Excise duty inititated last year for fuel guzzler cars (above 2000 CC)

Since Scorpio and Safari well fall under this league of benefits of this deduction of 5k on these cars. So they should also pass the benefit to customers.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote