Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:13   #46
BHPian
 
highsteem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 123
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Apologies for going OT, but I'm curious to know why you say that products like the A-Star and Ritz are reactive products. gpa
gpa, it is my personal opinion and is not based on any facts. Maruti has M800/Alto/Wagon-R to take care of the competition (spark/santro/indica). However when Hyundai launched i10, it was a good product and Maruti did not have a true competitor in its stable. And hence I think they are addressing this by launching a-star and ritz. Among these at least a-star looks like has some R&D gone into it but ritz look like a stop-gap arrangement to me Again ... this is of topic and I am sorry!
highsteem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 13:21   #47
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 384
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Ritz is not a Stop gap launch

Ritz is available in International Markets as Opel and Vaxhaul are using the same Vehicle for the last 2-3 years.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:07   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,677
Thanked: 1,025 Times
Default Swift with new engine,when it is expected?

Hi guys,
Does anybody has a clue whether when the swift with new k series engine will be introduced in India ?Arent the new series engines suppose to be compliant for 2010 emission norms.Thats just 4 months away,wonder if it will be available by Diwali.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 11:36   #49
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

going throught all these threads, i wonder would that be possible that maruti continues to make its current 1.3L engine detuning it to new norms applicable and not come up with its new kb engine which does offers on Astar and ritz.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 12:04   #50
BHPian
 
Su-47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 624
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

I testdrove the Ritz petrol for no particular reason and liked the driveability (much better than the Swift 1.3 that I'd driven a while back).

The sales exec called back for a follow-up and I asked him about the K-series engine and he said "Swift has a sporty image, which Maruti wouldn't want to hurt by putting the 1.2L engine". What do the learned gentlemen on this forum have to say about this?

In a way, I'm dreaming that whatever he says goes into the heads of folks at product planning division of Maruti and they put the 1.6L engine into it (atleast an option), increase the price a little bit (lets say 25 -30K) and I see the petrolheads salivating. But like they say if wishes were horses...

Cheers,
Su-47

EDIT: OT, was chatting up with a colleague who booked Ritz Zxi about a month back and was promised delivery in three months time. His sales rep called and told him that the delivery may get delayed by about 3 months (in addition to the originally projected 3-months). Is the Ritz-petrol such a big hit?

Last edited by Su-47 : 31st August 2009 at 12:11.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 17:24   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,633
Thanked: 1,903 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
The sales exec called back for a follow-up and I asked him about the K-series engine and he said "Swift has a sporty image, which Maruti wouldn't want to hurt by putting the 1.2L engine". What do the learned gentlemen on this forum have to say about this?

In a way, I'm dreaming that whatever he says goes into the heads of folks at product planning division of Maruti and they put the 1.6L engine into it (atleast an option), increase the price a little bit (lets say 25 -30K) and I see the petrolheads salivating. But like they say if wishes were horses...
Though the 1.2L K-series engine in Ritz is superb, it may not be a good option in Swift. May be, a VVT version of this 1.2L engine will do the job for Swift!
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 17:33   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Rather than doing all these gimmics, it would be better of if they launch reloaded version of SX4 and its diesel version too. It has been pending for a long time.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 18:45   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Well wont really call them gimmicks because of the tighter emmision rules maruti must replace these engines,and it is doing a commendable job.Yes the SX4 is long overdue, but i guess maybe due capacity constraints at marutis diesel plant.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 19:14   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

EDIT: OT, was chatting up with a colleague who booked Ritz Zxi about a month back and was promised delivery in three months time. His sales rep called and told him that the delivery may get delayed by about 3 months (in addition to the originally projected 3-months). Is the Ritz-petrol such a big hit?
It is reported that around 70% of Ritz sales are from petrol version. I think even Maruti will be plesantly surprised as people are still buying petrol version. Swift is a different story with diesel getting more than 70% of Swift sales, but Ritz petrol is in good demand.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 19:39   #55
BHPian
 
NeedaUsername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
It is reported that around 70% of Ritz sales are from petrol version. I think even Maruti will be plesantly surprised as people are still buying petrol version. Swift is a different story with diesel getting more than 70% of Swift sales, but Ritz petrol is in good demand.
Thats because SwiftD costs only 3k more than the RitzD. Hence, people who were in the market for the Ritz Vdi would rather opt to go for the Swift Vdi.
NeedaUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 19:54   #56
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 384
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

One more reason, Ritz P is selling more is because of its claimed Fuel Efficiency. Whereas Swift P's FE is comparitively less for a Hatchback. Many users have claimed the FE of Swift P to be in the range of 10-11 kms. in City conditions.

Would like to know what is the actual FE from the users?
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 12:16   #57
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,772
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Many users have claimed the FE of Swift P to be in the range of 10-11 kms. in City conditions. Would like to know what is the actual FE from the users?
The Swift (P) delivers a FE of ~11-13 kmpl in the city with the a/c used sparingly.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 13:30   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
It is reported that around 70% of Ritz sales are from petrol version.
that is because they have stopped selling swift ever since the launch of ritz on the pretext of getting a new engine
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 13:43   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

For the new Wagon R, twist in the rumour mill says that there won't be any new model but again a slight refresh with the aging F10D engine being tweaked to meet BS 4 norms.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 14:31   #60
BHPian
 
Su-47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 624
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Hey sidindica, Any *insider* info on when the swift will roll out with the K-series? And, what capacity?
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles ptaneja The Indian Car Scene 33 3rd November 2016 11:45
Rumour: New Maruti Alto 800 coming soon; could get diesel engine volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 18 6th May 2016 23:39
Confirmed: BMW E 90 3 series to get EPS anytime soon sidindica The Indian Car Scene 5 10th November 2010 13:44
Zen, Gypsy and Esteem to get CRDi engines soon GTO The Indian Car Scene 6 24th May 2004 18:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks