Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th June 2005, 18:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
then also consider petra has interiors dating back to 98.
Not sure about other cars, but Petra (Sienna) had different interiors. It got changed in new Sienna from Old sienna. Even in Petra, there are two versions. The one in Petra 2005 is relatively better interior than it was in Petra 2004. In general, Fiat interior is not plush like accent or NHC, but it is functional and long lasting.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 18:16   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but Petra (Sienna) had different interiors. It got changed in new Sienna from Old sienna. Even in Petra, there are two versions.
No the interiors have not changed since the launch of the Palio in India. The only difference were bits of silver finish added to the higher spec versions, while the diesels got fake wood panels.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 18:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

i have a palio nv. i wouldn't say that the interiors are great. at best they are functional and ergonomical. if you compare interiors of santro with palio, i atleast felt even santro's interiors are better. but the best point of palio's interiors is how ergonomic it is. every switch and control is exactly at the place where it is supposed to be. even for a short person like me, i need not reach out for any controls. that is what matters more to me. the bottom line is; palio/petra/adventure's interiors definitely need to be freshened up, though they are functional.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 18:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
No the interiors have not changed since the launch of the Palio in India. The only difference were bits of silver finish added to the higher spec versions, while the diesels got fake wood panels.
e.g. Petra EL 2004 had 800 like bare minimum fabric on doors, exposing metal near door glasses. One thing which had seriously put me off. Fortunately, 2005 model fixed that problem. But I agree, such changes are very cosmetic than complete overhaul.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 18:30   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
the interiors are same since the first generation sienna in 1998.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2005, 18:34   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
i have a palio nv. i wouldn't say that the interiors are great. at best they are functional and ergonomical. if you compare interiors of santro with palio, i atleast felt even santro's interiors are better. but the best point of palio's interiors is how ergonomic it is. every switch and control is exactly at the place where it is supposed to be. even for a short person like me, i need not reach out for any controls. that is what matters more to me. the bottom line is; palio/petra/adventure's interiors definitely need to be freshened up, though they are functional.
none of the cars have non functional interiors,did you ever notice how hard the buttons are?how hard the clutch is?how is the visiblity all round?these interiors may work for a b segment car but are seriously out of place for a c-segment car.
Old 24th June 2005, 18:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

ofcourse i agree that the interiors need to be freshened up quite a lot, even for a palio; leave alone petra/adventure. i never disputed that fact.

Last edited by deepakhon : 24th June 2005 at 18:38.
Old 24th June 2005, 18:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

i wonder why every forum ends in a pro petra or anti-petra fight?aren't there any other good cars made in india.
Old 24th June 2005, 18:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
i wonder why every forum ends in a pro petra or anti-petra fight?aren't there any other good cars made in india.
hi buddy, where is the fight whey you and i are saying the same thing? you said "interiors are bad". i said it needs to be refreshed quite a lot. so, where is the fight here?
Old 24th June 2005, 19:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
But the international age of Baleno as well as the accent has already reached a decade.

But to be honest I never said anything about Baleno & Accent

scorp said that
Quote:
5. Ikon yet to test.
So i just replied to that message
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 23:29   #41
BHPian

petra? what is that? no offence meant!
readonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2005, 05:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Readonly,
please tell me you are joking.
Petra is the new FIAT Siena.
It is cheaper then the siena and comes with a 1.2L, 1.6L, 1.9D engine.

Scorp,
i think you should go for a Petra as it is an awesome car whatever people might say.
It is fast, very safe, very solid, very comfortable, has a big trunk, spot on ergonomically.
The Handling also is not that bad and it is a steal at its price.

The interiors are cheap but guys,
look at the cars Price.
What do you expect? NHC like quality for 2L less?
If you want to complain, complain about the Balenos interiors.
It is cheap and tacky and Maruti must be making hell of alot profit on the car.
The price would have been ideal at 5L, even though it is a steal at 6L.

Anyways coming back to the Topic,
i feel that the Petra is one of the best C segment cars as it offers respectable FE (If someone wants to save money and are ready to risk their life, they should buy an M800 which is 3L cheaper), so-so interiors, so-so looks.... okay now for the positives... with an variety of engines to choose from, an awesome ride, big car feel as well as safety and all at an awesome price of 5L.

Last edited by lamborghini : 29th June 2005 at 05:23.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2005, 07:31   #43
BHPian

I was joking lamborghini....i personally dont consider fiat as an option, because of the brand image, resell value and the service network they have.
readonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2005, 11:36   #44
BHPian

good to see some nice future additions to the C-Segment, the Toyota Vios, Skoda Fabia.

out of these , the Fabia , i think is launching by diwali time...?
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2005, 11:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

i was watching the cnbc auto show yesterday. someone asked the same question you did about the fabia. the host was of the opinion that fabia will definitely not be launched this year. it might be sometime next year. the issue here is that there is a new version of fabia which will be out next year internationally. the host is not very sure whether skoda india will launch the older fabia or the newer one or launch both (aka octi and new octi which is due anytime now). he was also not sure about the engines with which the vehicle can be launched.